Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.
I'm still in the process of speccing out a system. Should I wait until March/April before putting the order in to avoid getting a bad mobo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

modeski
Apr 21, 2005

Deceive, inveigle, obfuscate.

spasticColon posted:

But I won't have enough money to upgrade to Sandy Bridge until April if I'm lucky. I may just wait until Ivy Bridge comes out at the end of the year.

Comedy option: wait until Haswell before upgrading.

It's the eternal dilemma - buy now or wait a few months for something better. If you decide to wait, something better still will be on the cards and the cycle never ends.