Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

mobby_6kl posted:

That said, as excited as I am about the new processor, my currently setup of (stock) Q6600 with a 8800GT just doesn't seem slow to me yet. The graphics card could be upgraded for some games and oveclocking the CPU would help, but otherwise it almost feels like Sandy Bridge is coming out too soon.

I'm in pretty much exactly the same boat. I plan on throwing $200 at a new graphics card eventually so I can throw hdmi across the room to my a/v system, but it's not really something I need right now. C2Q and 8800GT going strong so far, though when crysis 2 comes out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

R1CH posted:

Sandy Bridge is the biggest disapointment (sic) of the year 2 days in. Oh Charlie. I like how the "showstopper bug" is booting from USB3 isn't stable.

Thanks for that laugh, it's been a busy morning. Linux doesn't work quite right on bleeding-edge hardware? YOU DON'T SAY!?!?!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

priznat posted:

Were those the first ones to have the LEDs that would cycle different colours? :haw:

One of our c-levels recently got an alienware (long story), and I made sure to set the leds to pink before handing it over.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

movax posted:

Microcenter has some nice discounts on Ivy Bridge...$170 for a 3570K, $230 for a 3770K, but if you buy a mobo with them, you can get a P8Z77-V for $130, a Gigabyte for $65 and an ASRock for $60.

Almost Haswell time :getin:

Shiiit, and i'm gonna be in a city with a Microcenter tomorrow. My C2Q Q9400 is still chugging along just fine though, it's hard for me to justify spending the money even though I have some free DDR3 lying around. I'm amazed that I've gotten almost five years out of a processor/mobo, recent graphics card and SSD upgrades notwithstanding.