Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hey now, he only has one clock, so it's not quite like 2010.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I need my screen to look like it's displaying an animated email smile banner ad from 2002

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

Scudworth posted:

I need my screen to look like it's displaying an animated email smile banner ad from 2002

This is exactly what it was making me think of too, good god man.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Here's mine, now that the app tray icon is gone I can finally be at peace with my ex-iphone roots

That earth rotates in the background over time!!! and when you scroll a little bit

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I was motorola/nokia/shitphones.........to iPhones 2007 until late 2015.

Still old and boring, like icons everywhere and don't care about the weather much. Get off my lawn.

Nexus 6p
Nova Launcher
Retrorika icon pack

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Nov 2, 2016

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Endless Mike posted:

Hey now, he only has one clock, so it's not quite like 2010.

I mean if that's what you want I can oblige you.

Okay, that's from 2013, but getting closer to that "retro" 2010 feel right?

Scudworth posted:

Yeah, I'm hating it more by the day honestly. It was all done out of laziness, basically porting my old layout over, didn't need the clock though, so went with the forecast option, but it's a bit much for that theme.

Battery widget is a holdover too, but I like being able to tap on the widget to get to the battery summary poo poo. Hmm, can't seem to add the percentage to the meter in the status bar either....or remove it...wait...oh, okay, if you hold the settings "cog" on a Pixel with the full quick menu thing open it adds a System UI Tuner option to the settings menu...okay, no more redundant battery meter.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Brightman posted:

I mean if that's what you want I can oblige you.

Okay, that's from 2013, but getting closer to that "retro" 2010 feel right?

Yeah, I'm hating it more by the day honestly. It was all done out of laziness, basically porting my old layout over, didn't need the clock though, so went with the forecast option, but it's a bit much for that theme.

Battery widget is a holdover too, but I like being able to tap on the widget to get to the battery summary poo poo. Hmm, can't seem to add the percentage to the meter in the status bar either....or remove it...wait...oh, okay, if you hold the settings "cog" on a Pixel with the full quick menu thing open it adds a System UI Tuner option to the settings menu...okay, no more redundant battery meter.

You know that instead of the date there at the top, it can actually display the weather, right?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

LastInLine posted:

You know that instead of the date there at the top, it can actually display the weather, right?

Yeah, but right now I can tap the weather widget for the weather app and the date for the calendar.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

LastInLine posted:

When you're coming down off the latest bender, it's sometimes good to be sure of which month it is. It's nice to know that the last few weeks weren't just an uncomfortable carousel of hallucinations and dreams.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Keyser S0ze posted:

I was motorola/nokia/shitphones.........to iPhones 2007 until late 2015.

Still old and boring, like icons everywhere and don't care about the weather much. Get off my lawn.

Nexus 6p
Nova Launcher
Retrorika icon pack

That looks very nice. And yeah weather is boring and predictable here, rained 29 of 31 days in October and no end in sight in November.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Here's mine, now that the app tray icon is gone I can finally be at peace with my ex-iphone roots

That earth rotates in the background over time!!! and when you scroll a little bit

Even iPhones had folders, god drat is this horrible.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Brightman posted:

Got a Pixel XL, still using Nova launcher but I have it mimicking the Pixel launcher esthetic for now.

Using Google's daily nature photo for my wallpaper right now.

how do you get the wallpaper to change every day automatically? or do you mean you just happened to use the nature of the day that day

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

vyst posted:

how do you get the wallpaper to change every day automatically? or do you mean you just happened to use the nature of the day that day

There's a Wallpapers app that's apparently what the Pixel uses pre-installed? The first option in each category is a rotating image

It's pretty ok, but most categories except Earth seem to get pretty :pcgaming:HDR TONEMAPS:pcgaming: sometimes

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

baka kaba posted:

There's a Wallpapers app that's apparently what the Pixel uses pre-installed? The first option in each category is a rotating image

It's pretty ok, but most categories except Earth seem to get pretty :pcgaming:HDR TONEMAPS:pcgaming: sometimes

Yesss. Thanks!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

vyst posted:

Yesss. Thanks!

If you want that kind of thing I'd check out the 500 firepaper app too.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Here's the video of my stuff!

It was hard reaching across the screen with my right thumb so I made this. It's actually a KLWP live wallpaper, and I put a blurred and dimmed background behind everything, curved the edges, and put a persistent G icon that launches my browser for quick searching poo poo. The icons below the G are actually on different pages that I swipe between. I use the Flight Lite icons for my homepage. The time and date at the top is one big button to launch the clock app for timers and alarms.

I use Nova Launcher and the Alos icon pack for my app drawer and a darker and slightly transparent background for the app drawer.

This is actually a heavily modified version of some Android theme I saw on the androidthemes Reddit but his had some wonky poo poo I didn't care for, so I stripped it and made this minimalistic dude.

e: it's also worth noting that it seems kind of Skippy and laggy in the video, but it's perfectly smooth normally. I guess that's what I get for using a free screen recorder.

jokes fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 7, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There's no way to define a KLWP or KLGT layout on your computer and import, is there? The interface for making something complex on the phone drives me nuts, I'd much rather define in XML or something.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Not that I'm aware of short of emulating Android? I just decided to start using nice round numbers instead of dragging and using sliders for values like scale, location, etc. The interface on KLWP is a nightmare.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TwistedNails posted:

Even iPhones had folders, god drat is this horrible.

I think that was after I stopped using them (iPhone 4).

Regardless you can always swipe left :P

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Well here's mine, enjoy

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Materialistik icons with a random Tapet wallpaper.

Death of Rats
Oct 2, 2005

SQUEAK

Negrostrike posted:

Well here's mine, enjoy

Could you post the wallpaper, please? It's awesome :)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Death of Rats posted:

Could you post the wallpaper, please? It's awesome :)

Day of the Tentacle does indeed own.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

These are from the official site of the remastered version of the game.
I use the Green Tentacle one on my lockscreen, by the way.

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 10, 2016

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

i made this

its good, imo

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

tote up a bags posted:

i made this

its good, imo
itsprettycool

rockear
Oct 3, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I like minimalism.

rockear fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 1, 2017

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

I am boring.

The rounded google bar is a new Nova Launcher thing.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

old

current (with Round Corners on)

syscall girl fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 20, 2017

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Vanagoon posted:

I am boring.

The rounded google bar is a new Nova Launcher thing.

I haven't seen Droid Sans in years.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Swiping up brings up the app drawer, left goes to Google Now, and right brings up music and podcast widgets.

Icons are Delta.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

syscall girl posted:

old

current (with Round Corners on)

:pwn:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

I got a really good icon pack that matches the color scheme with the deer :shrug:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Samsung S8+

Taken in low res because the screen is loving huge.

First time using a live wallpaper, it looks a hell of a lot better in person than the gif created with the built in apps.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The white space to either side of the notification bar is ridiculous and looks like poo poo, I dunno wtf they were thinking with that

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Blue Train posted:

The white space to either side of the notification bar is ridiculous and looks like poo poo, I dunno wtf they were thinking with that

They were thinking "Golly, maybe there really isn't a point to having a curved display after all..."

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

LastInLine posted:

Dumb question time, but I just got my Pixel XL last week and am still figuring it all out. How do you change the date there to the weather (or something else). It won't let me select it to change it or move it.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Soysaucebeast posted:

Dumb question time, but I just got my Pixel XL last week and am still figuring it all out. How do you change the date there to the weather (or something else). It won't let me select it to change it or move it.

It'll show up on its own after a day or so. If it's been a day or so and still hasn't updated, make sure you've checked all the usual culprits: Location Services on, Google app has full permissions, it shows up the Google feed on the leftmost panel, etc.

If all of that is true, let us know and we can troubleshoot some more. I'd never let a goon miss out on the glory of the Google Weather Frog. All hail Google Weather Frog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Well I got the weather working. But I guess my question is, is there a way for me to remove it or put another widget in that spot on the upper right? I was using a different weather app and would rather keep using it rather than the default one. And I don't want to be that guy with multiple weather apps (or fifteen clocks).

• Locked thread