Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceBanana
May 20, 2007
A banana. From space.
Minimal yet functional.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

big mean giraffe posted:

That's a great background, care to post it?
Background link
My hosting.

Added to my original post.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

SLOSifl posted:

Background link
My hosting.

Added to my original post.

That looks so loving great on the phone, especially with a somewhat transparent black background on widgets. I've been cribbing a bunch of poo poo from people in this thread, tons of great ideas.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Aatrek posted:

A couple of people asked about the tall and wide icons that I made for my home screens. Here is a ZIP file with the Photoshop files.

http://www.randomtuesday.com/phone/icons.zip

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Nothing really that special.

Click here for the full 1440x800 image.

Using Launcher Pro Plus with the Twitter widget on the first page with the SetCPU widget. Then on the second (default) page I've got Digital Clock Widget by Maize Labs and extended controls on the top. Third page is just Pure Calendar Agenda. I would use Launcher Pro Plus' Calendar widget in a heartbeat, but it doesn't support tasks. :(

The dock is from dreamlyfe.original and all the icons that didn't come with Launcher Pro are from http://launcherpro.droidicon.com/. The background is from Fiannaiocht's post on the first page.

Basically, I just took a bunch of ideas from this thread, put them together, and posted this! Woo!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Big fan of rainy.png

Launcher Pro Plus
Switchpro widget
Beautiful Smaller Home Weather (Clock skin: LTTRSclock, Weather skin: Minimalist)
Pure calendar widget

Stuntman Mike
Apr 14, 2007
The saucer people are coming!
I'm stealing poo poo from this thread and putting together my own badass desktop, but tasks are a real pain in the balls. If only loving Astrid would support Google Tasks - everyone else does, API be damned :(

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Rooted Evo 4G, running Fresh 3.2.0.0 and LauncherPro+

Here we see Beautiful Smaller Home Weather, with the naked LTTRS skins.
Down the center we have DaysUntil, a small AudioManager, SetCPU, and two Power Control Plus widgets.
Along either side we've got 1x4 Multi-icon bars with 8 icons each. The top 4 on the right and top 2 on the left are shortcuts to Apps Organizer folders.

These are boring. LauncherPro+ Agenda and Messaging widgets, MusicMod 4x1, and stock News/Weather.

Wallpaper is aLogcat Live.

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(
Here's mine:

Beautiful Home
PowerTime
SwitchPro
LauncherPro+

Hot Dog Day 60
Aug 11, 2003

grahm posted:

Here's mine:

Beautiful Home
PowerTime
SwitchPro
LauncherPro+

Nice, which Beautiful Home clock/weather are those? Mind posting your background?

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
Keeping it extremely minimal right now on my new Epic 4G...

The wallpaper is just a wood texture from deviantART, the clock is a Beautiful Widgets clock skin called flipturn with SimpleWeather icons, and a large-only AudioManager skin called Knobby. Don't know the name of that icon dock... just found it tonight and like it better than the one I was using before...

I have other screens, but they are more functional and less fashionable.

tonytheshoes fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 22, 2010

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(

Hot Dog Day #63 posted:

Nice, which Beautiful Home clock/weather are those? Mind posting your background?

The clock is "blackcashmere", and the weather is "tick". The background comes with LauncherPro I believe.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Hot Dog Day #63 posted:

I think that's the Tick weather skin?

stuart scott
Mar 9, 2007

What are the pixel dimensions for the row/column sizes of icons, if I wanted to make some for Desktop Visualizer? I.E., what's the proper size of an image I'm making for, say, a 2 row by 2 column icon, etc.?

also, rainy.png'ing the gently caress out of my homescreen

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,
I have Desktop visualiser but I don't understand how to make large buttons. It keeps resizing my huge icons to fit in the regular size area. Can someone help please?

EDIT: Never mind worked it out under a minute after making this post.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

EvilMuppet posted:

I have Desktop visualiser but I don't understand how to make large buttons. It keeps resizing my huge icons to fit in the regular size area. Can someone help please?

EDIT: Never mind worked it out under a minute after making this post.

drat it's hard to work out what size to make big buttons since I changed the number of rows and columns of icons on my homescreens.

EDIT: poo poo, quote not edit ETC.

EDIT 2: Worked out how to make icons the perfect size. Just activate LP's resize function then take a screenshot with the SDK thingy on my PC:

EDIT 3: Hrm did not quite work out.

Last edit:

EvilMuppet fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Sep 22, 2010

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker

stuart scott irl posted:

What are the pixel dimensions for the row/column sizes of icons, if I wanted to make some for Desktop Visualizer? I.E., what's the proper size of an image I'm making for, say, a 2 row by 2 column icon, etc.?

also, rainy.png'ing the gently caress out of my homescreen

You have an Incredible? I believe they have the same screen resolution as a Vibrant. I'd test it first with an image with a bunch of thin vertical and horizontal lines to be sure. See if the image quality holds up.

The trick is that while each column is 110 pixels wide, the space between columns is 10 pixels. Rows are 128 pixels tall with 4 pixels of space between each. So for a 2x2 button, it would be 110*2+10pixels x 128*2+4pixels or 230x260.

Now, if you are planning multiple buttons, you may want to remove 3 pixels from the top and bottom so that they appear to have the same size vertical space between them, as they do horizontal space. It's better to leave the pixels in the image and make that space transparent. The top side of the top row of buttons, and bottom side of the bottom row of your buttons won't need that space.

Heteroy fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Sep 22, 2010

Nupraptor
Feb 8, 2003

Vae Victus

ArcMage posted:

I love the fact that the Tricorder is scanning the barcode.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007

lifenomad posted:

Just figured out how to take screen shots from my computer.

If you could share this info, I will give you the manliest hug possible. I am too stupid to risk rooting my phone for one of the downloadable screenshotters, and I haven't been able to find any that work on an unrooted phone.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

webster876 posted:

If you could share this info, I will give you the manliest hug possible. I am too stupid to risk rooting my phone for one of the downloadable screenshotters, and I haven't been able to find any that work on an unrooted phone.

It's in the OP.

lifenomad
May 8, 2009

webster876 posted:

Yea, just follow the link in the OP. Download and install the SDK (and java if you need it). Then set your phone to debug mode in settings > apps > development. Plug your phone in to your PC, then manually install the driver for the new device to the usb_driver folder in the unzipped Android SDK directory. Then run the ddms.bat in the tools directory, wait for the phone to connect and the logs to populate. Then click Device > Screen Capture.

I followed this tutorial:
http://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/22/how-to-take-screenshots-with-the-droid-x/

webster876
Aug 4, 2007

lifenomad posted:

Yea, just follow the link in the OP. Download and install the SDK (and java if you need it). Then set your phone to debug mode in settings > apps > development. Plug your phone in to your PC, then manually install the driver for the new device to the usb_driver folder in the unzipped Android SDK directory. Then run the ddms.bat in the tools directory, wait for the phone to connect and the logs to populate. Then click Device > Screen Capture.

Durr, thanks.

Zacmaniac
Mar 26, 2005

Aatrek posted:

A couple of people asked about the tall and wide icons that I made for my home screens. Here is a ZIP file with the Photoshop files.

http://www.randomtuesday.com/phone/icons.zip

Would you mind sharing your dock/icons too?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Just posted this over at xda:

Home Screen

Default Android Lockscreen

Beautiful Widgets
FeedR widget
ADW w/ Sticker Album theme

Hazbon
Mar 20, 2010

Prowler posted:

Did you scale that one portion of his artwork for your background? The preview image on his page is rather small/too small for the portion you have. I may be missing a larger version on his webpage.

i scaled it on the phone so the actual painting is the middle screen. the left/right screens are brushes, etc

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

lifenomad posted:

I skipped the manually installing drivers part and it works fine. I just have Sync installed.

Hazbon
Mar 20, 2010

background i made if anyone is interested. Hosted on my site.

Nupraptor
Feb 8, 2003

Vae Victus
"Final" version, after polishing up the icons a bit more. I liked the binary clock, but it had too much empty space. Digging the new "Friends" widget of LP+.

And my lockscreen:

Using Widget Locker with the SenseUI slider and widgets for MixZing/SwitchPro.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

traslin posted:

I'm using the 3.2 Fresh ROM, the Revolution Theme, and ADW Launcher (the third screen shot is with the dockbar showing). Widgets are digital clock, snowstorm weather, calwidget, and switch pro.

How do you remove the white border around the Digital Clock Widget?

Edit: Never mind. I was using the wrong Digital Clock Widget.

Crowley fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 23, 2010

Hazbon
Mar 20, 2010

Nupraptor posted:

"Final" version, after polishing up the icons a bit more. I liked the binary clock, but it had too much empty space. Digging the new "Friends" widget of LP+.

And my lockscreen:

Using Widget Locker with the SenseUI slider and widgets for MixZing/SwitchPro.

How do you like widgetlocker? the comments on market make it seem like its a little hit and miss.

mtr
May 15, 2008

Beautiful Widgets (DirtyPaper skin)
LauncherPro+

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Still working on perfecting my home screen (cause I have issues) but here are two icons I made for it.

Nupraptor
Feb 8, 2003

Vae Victus

Hazbon posted:

How do you like widgetlocker? the comments on market make it seem like its a little hit and miss.
I love it and wouldn't live without it; I don't think I could go back to unlocking my phone every time I just want to skip a music track. But it did force me to stop using the pattern lock (which I only set up in the first place out of paranoia). If you have a PIN/Pattern lock enabled, you'll have to A) slide open WidgetLocker's lock, B) slide open the Froyo lock, and C) Enter your PIN/Pattern. Way, way too much. But as it is, it's just that nice Sense-type slider, which I like better than sliding all the way across the screen.

DJ ChemE
Dec 1, 2004

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm joining the foray into Android7 theming. Here's how my Moto Droid looks now. I was going for a black & white, old-timey theme. I think it'll look better if I round the corners and balance the lightness of each button.

Also, I can't seem to get the button sizes right. Is there a better way to figure that out?

notro man
Aug 23, 2006

Beautiful Widgets
BattStatt
SwitchPro
Launcher Pro
Icons to match Launcher Pro http://launcherpro.droidicon.com/icons
I used Folder Organizer to change the icons.

Wallpaper

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Updated my setup a little based on some things from this thread.

I will look for my wallpaper later. I can't figure out where the "Wallpapers" folder in my gallery is coming from.

First two screens. The rest are agenda, contacts and messages.

Hazbon
Mar 20, 2010
i messed with the lock screen today and installed widget locker. so far my other screens havent changed at all, but this is what the lock screen looks like... i thik im happy with it and dont need to mess with it anymore.... oh noes, someone post more cool poo poo.

lock screen widget locker with extended controls, batt stat and the sense slider.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I'm kind of surprised at how many people are going with a black/white theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I'm kind of surprised at how many people are going with a black/white theme.
I played with my friend's Captivate for 35 seconds today and need to let the color receptors in my eyes calm down.

• Locked thread