Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

raditts posted:

So am I the only one who caught "I knew you'd find the button eventually" because wow.

I must be missing the reference?

Seems like it was a little rushed, like there was still some stuff they wanted to do with the characters before the end, but overall it was a pretty good ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TerminalRaptor posted:

I must be missing the reference?

It's time you had a talk with your parents.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

raditts posted:

It's time you had a talk with your parents.

Oh! :heysexy:

I honestly didn't hear the line. I'll have to rewatch that :)

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
It seemed a little rushed, but I think they did a good job with the episodes they had. As much as CN has jerked them around on scheduling, this seemed a little cathartic. "You don't need a regular schedule, people will just stream the episodes~~"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This show had its up and downs, but man, that was a nice ending.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This show had its up and downs, but man, that was a nice ending.

Good show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I loved about the final episode was Mordecai finally realizing that a lot of people have died on their adventures through the years.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Too bad Mordecai never got back together with CJ, but at least he didn't loving wind up with Margaret.

muscles like this! posted:

One thing I loved about the final episode was Mordecai finally realizing that a lot of people have died on their adventures through the years.

One of which was Rigby, like half a dozen times.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

raditts posted:

Too bad Mordecai never got back together with CJ, but at least he didn't loving wind up with Margaret.

Nice touch when it showed him working in an art studio with two paintings in the background, one with clouds and another with robins.

I stopped following Regular Show at some point but after hearing it was ending I caught up a bit. Nicely sentimental.

Edit: While it made sense Mordecai and Margret didn't end up together, it's still a little too bad she wasn't at the reunion if only for Eileen's sake. Might've been nice to see them not acting awkward anymore.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 17, 2017

Fifthace
May 3, 2003

No.
thanks for watching, guys. it's been a trip

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

After that season-long Mordecai love triangle, he finds his soul mate at some random art show. Go figure.

I'm glad how they wrapped everything up so nicely, with lots of love for the show's history and one last barrage of anime references. Plus all the music budget was in there. Jolly good show!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Really enjoyed the finale.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Enjoyed the finale shame the show's ended but i think it wrapped up nicely.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

get that OUT of my face posted:

After that season-long Mordecai love triangle, he finds his soul mate at some random art show. Go figure.

Best name I heard for Mordecai's bat-wife is "Theresa Powers".

Makes sense though. Once he stopped stressing over his relationships and focused on his own passions, the rest of it sorted itself out. I think maybe they painted themselves into a corner a bit over the years with Mordecai, but even if this wasn't what they originally planned it was a good save.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 17, 2017

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

The Dye on Mordecai was cast during the love triangle season it pretty much killed him off and whatever the end game with all that was seemed to get dropped and he was pretty much the sidekick to rigby's superior high school diploma season. Still least his art college time came to fruition.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Anti-Pops has 36 abs. Definitely not the weirdest thing about him or that they've ever seen, but yeah, I guess that would be scary at the time.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
Good to see Mordecai still dresses like a hipster when he's around his fifties.

drat, what an ending.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
I don't quite understand, Pops/Anti Pops collided so shouldn't that mean a reset?
OK Mordecai and Rigby interfered so it didn't happen?
How was everyone around 3 years later? If it didn't reset, then shouldn't everyone else be wiped from existence?

It just feels like that 3(+) years later montage was tacked on.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Having the last line of the series be "Jolly good show" was cheesy as hell, but poo poo, it worked.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The Merkinman posted:

I don't quite understand, Pops/Anti Pops collided so shouldn't that mean a reset?
How was everyone around 3 years later? If it didn't reset, then shouldn't everyone else be wiped from existence?

While Pops and Anti-Pops were falling into the Sun, Anti-Pops mentioned regrets, and Pops suggests there's still time to reverse the damage. I think it's implied that as they're destroyed they undo the damage Anti-Pops did, which is why all their friends are un-erased.

As for the montage at the end, the show was way more about the characters and their relationships than it was about epic final battles. The montage was plenty necessary to see where they all ended up after their time and experiences at the park, showing that Pops' sacrifice bought them all long and happy lives (reinforced by the song choice). It also helped cap off a few character arcs, like seeing Mordecai getting his life together and Benson chilling out.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Merkinman posted:

Were you, like, not paying attention at all to the entire last episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

raditts posted:

Were you, like, not paying attention at all to the entire last episode?
You could point out what I missed/hadn't thought of, like Dolash, instead of being a dick. :shrug:

• Locked thread