Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I can't believe how much they get away with on this show. So many characters are so obviously drinking beer constantly, but since it's an undefined brown liquid from cans with no label, it could technically be soda and gets a pass. Genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Whoooa dang I remember seeing you on here from back in the day. I have to say my favorite fan arts are the ones where people draw Mordecai and Rigby as actual, real looking animals. It nicely points out what a freakish nightmare scenario the whole thing would be if translated to reality.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

What is "the pose?"

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Yup--I think it just re-re-re-established Mordecai as the slightly more mature and intelligent of the two.

"Rigby, one day you'll be old enough to figure out why people really go to concerts."

"It's to listen to music, I already know that!"

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

In order for an atheist character to be funny, they need to be responding to some kind of silly religion stuff, otherwise they're just one of those assholes that's like "Hey, apropos of nothing, did you know there's no such thing as God? Yeah, just blew YOU'RE fuckin' mind alright. Hey, lemme tell you about all my awesome opinions." I highly doubt you'll ever see a cartoon that's even slightly geared towards kids have a religious character that sets up an atheist character to make jokes at their expense.

edit: I feel compelled to point out that the "you're" is intentional.

SlimGoodbody fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 1, 2010

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I love that David Bowie is the servant of the Space Babies. And drives what appears to be a Chevelle?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Macrame_God posted:

I wasn't sure about this episode up until that point. When Ziggy Stardust emerged from the heavens in what appeared to be an El Camino(?) I knew I was in love.

I don't think it was a Chevelle. That thing appeared to be a coupe utility vehicle and I don't think they ever made a Chevelle like that before.

El Camino is what I meant, but I was... distracted.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

SpacePig posted:

I hope I get mugged one day, so I can hambone my mugger and see if he gets it.

I'm going to start mugging people in the hopes that one of them tries to hambone me.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Everyone, stop what you're doing right now and watch this with no sound.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Macrame_God posted:

I can't help but notice that food frequently plays an important role in the show. We've had episode based around drinking coffee, getting to eat cake, acquiring hot dogs for a barbeque and often we see characters conversing over a meal or having a few drinks. I wonder if food is supposed to be some sort of motif for the show or if it’s all just a coincidence.

Well, food is definitely something that two chillin' dudes would gather around frequently, so it makes sense. Many of my hang out memories involve the pursuit, acquisition, and/or consumption of food, and I ain't even fat, so I imagine it's a thing.

Plus these guys are obvious stoners and J. G. Quintel isn't exactly hiding his opinion of drugs.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

DJExile posted:

Benson is also cool because he's not always the grumpy boss either. He looks impressed by Rigby and Mordecai's work as they clean up the house with the help of COFF-EEEEE :catdrugs:, he has a good time at the BBQ, he's alright by me.

Yeah, Benson seems like he'd actually be a totally chill dude if he wasn't having to put up with Mordecai and Rigby all the time.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

So last night, hamboning actually saved my life. I was in Orange County seeing Sleigh Bells, and I was initially planning on crashing at a friend's house, but he passed out and so I had to make the drive all the way back to the Valley at 3:30 in the morning, completely exhausted. There were several moments where I'd sit bolt upright, having realized I had fallen asleep for a couple seconds. What is a young man to do to stay awake when loud music and cold wind no longer help?

Hambone.

Every time I started getting sleepy, I would hambone furiously, which had a surprisingly restorative effect. It is singlehandedly responsible for me staying awake for the nearly two hours it took to get home, preventing a grisly collision with a wall or tumbling over into a ditch. Thank you, Regular Show. Hamboning saved my life.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Goodpancakes posted:

I want that on the back of a zip up hoody. MAKE IT SO

On another note I noticed that the sneak peak at the end of the second episode appears to be entirely different then the third episode. Am I missing one between setting up chairs and fist pump?

Maybe Death Punchies?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

notMordecai posted:

I went to a costume party as Mordecai last night. Only one person recognized it (a stoner so I think it may solidify the stoner correlation to this show lmao). My girlfriend went as Rigby. I made us Fist Pump shirts too. Unfortunately the Fist Pump shirts were getting confused for a reference to Jersey Shore; it happened at least 4 times.

The finger rings were more solid earlier in the evening.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

You can't say that and then not show us what you guys looked like, man.

Also it seems like a long shot but if anyone here has a Samsung Galaxy S (or any Android phone with a display of 480*800) I made a Regular Show Hamboning wallpaper for it.

Click here for the full 960x800 image.

[/quote]

I actually just got that exact phone and have wanted a new background. Thanks man!

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I loved the way The Audit just starts automatically consuming everything with accountant Matrix code.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Pick posted:

Dude, the best part of this episode? Totally High-Five ghost with knuckledusters.

That was a nice touch. My other favorite part had to be when Rigby reentered his body and subsequently screams bloody murder, as the body was just run over by a golf cart.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Absolutely. Most shows feel they need to pair their carefree characters up with tyrannical authority figures or evil foils in order to make them more likable, but here, all of the characters are pretty reasonable (if not always bright) people.

Just the fact that Benson hasn't fired Mordecai and Rigby really says something about his character (or level of desperation, maybe). I wonder if there's a DARK BACKSTORY there?

And Skips is super awesome. "We tried the nice way. Now we do it the Skips way."

It feels like Mordecai and Rigby would actually be great friends with Benson if they could just get their poo poo together enough to handle their incredibly easy, low responsibility jobs and not force Benson to rage at them.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Are we on break right now? When is it coming back? Mondays without RS are barely Mondays at all :(

Seriously. The Adventure Time/Regular Show block was the one thing that made Monday not suck entirely.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Macrame_God posted:

It also gave me something to watch Monday night while I wait for football.

Macrame God, even after all these years, your avatar never fails to make me laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Morozko posted:

Awesome ep. My favorite part has to be Pops playing with the computer mouse. So adorable. You can tell that the VA for Pops (who I believe is the same VA for Benson and Muscle Man) has so much fun with his lines. Hell, I would. Every time I watch Regular Show with my friends, we have such a blast whenever he shows up.

Also, there is a lot of humanized fan art versions of the RS cast floating around but this by far has to be my favorite

Whoever did this captured the essence, personality traits, and slight animal qualities of Mordecai and Rigby while making them 100% believably and convincingly human. I smile whenever I see it.

I want Mordecai's hoodie.

• Locked thread