Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Thrust On Moore posted:

When Mordecai said he had a way to get them out of there, I expected him to pick up Rigby and fly out in a "no poo poo, he's a bird" moment. Soaring through the sky like Superman is cool too though. I wonder if there will ever be an episode explaining why Mordecai can't fly-- it'll be the "truly special episode" of the year.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing, but then I remembered that this is "Regular Show". That would be just too easy a solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I actually ran out and bought some cake at the end of that episode. It was just a little thing I got from the Wal-Mart bakery, but drat I just had to have some chocolate cake.

Another fun episode. Started off kinda slow, but everything came together in the end.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

SlimGoodbody posted:

I love that David Bowie is the servant of the Space Babies. And drives what appears to be a Chevelle?

I wasn't sure about this episode up until that point. When Ziggy Stardust emerged from the heavens in what appeared to be an El Camino(?) I knew I was in love.

I don't think it was a Chevelle. That thing appeared to be a coupe utility vehicle and I don't think they ever made a Chevelle like that before.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Inspector_71 posted:

I see Corn syrup, so no.

What's funny is that I caught an episode of "How It's Made" earlier today that was about hotdogs. Before that I didn't know that they made hotdogs with HFCS. I guess I'll have to check the ingredients on the back before I purchase any hotdogs in the future. :barf:

Another good episode. Not the best. It kinda dragged a little in the middle with the ceaseless Mordecai/Rigby fighting, but it picked up steam in the later half.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I can't help but notice that food frequently plays an important role in the show. We've had episode based around drinking coffee, getting to eat cake, acquiring hot dogs for a barbeque and often we see characters conversing over a meal or having a few drinks. I wonder if food is supposed to be some sort of motif for the show or if it’s all just a coincidence.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

drat, I'm hungry for a grilled cheese now. I'm gonna have to hit up Waffle House.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Internet Webguy posted:

Nah, man. That machine had all of it's clothes on. Clearly a dating site.

I thought he was on Amazon or something and was shopping for a new machine/body/whatever. This show sure does like keeping things ambiguous.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Martytoof posted:

It doesn't.... look very good :(

I'm willing to give it a chance. I will admit, it doesn't look as good as I hoped it would. Kinda makes me miss Superjail.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Life is Eat and Die posted:

:words:

Lucky bastard.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Neeksy posted:

How the gently caress did Fanboy & Chum Chum get on that list?

Really. I kinda expected "Phineas and Ferb" to be on that short list. I guess that story about the Annies having it in for Disney is true.

Still, yay "Regular Show" and "Adventure Time". :toot:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

SlimGoodbody posted:

Seriously. The Adventure Time/Regular Show block was the one thing that made Monday not suck entirely.

It also gave me something to watch Monday night while I wait for football.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

SlimGoodbody posted:

Macrame God, even after all these years, your avatar never fails to make me laugh.

Every once in a while I consider changing it. I may one day change it back to the old four-frame one because this eight-frame one I made looks like poop.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Haha, the 4:20 clock. :420:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Was it just me, or were most of the people in Pops hallucination dressed like the Warden from "Superjail"?

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Dr. Dos posted:

OH NO BRO

Muscle Man getting hit in the face with his own man boobs has got to be one of the funniest moments in RS yet. Also, what's going on with Pops face in the last few frames of that gif? It looks like he's bloody and losing teeth. :ohdear:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I'm not certain if there's anyone in this thread that would know, but what kind of television was that bizarro clearance TV they got from the store based on?

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Elmo Oxygen posted:

Muscle Man rules.

I won't lie. I'd hang out with Muscle Man.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I've gone back to watch "Party Pete" a few times since it last aired and I think it might be my favorite episode of RS yet. Every time I watch it I see something new (like the Cheezers girl hanging out in the background at the party) and there are lots of little bits in there that always make me laugh. I particularly enjoy the way Mordecai says the line "Aw yeah! In your face, Muscle Man."

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

JG Quintel posted:

I'm actually surprised that we got away with this episode so watch it, because they might not rerun it anytime soon.

I sure hope everyone remembers to set their DVRs then. If any of the recent episodes are any indication, this new episode is going to own.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Dr. Dos posted:

As somebody who relies on regularsho.ws to watch the show since I don't have cable, has the show been moved to a Friday night timeslot?

No. I think this is a one-time thing. CN is doing that Hall of Games award show tonight and RS is supposed to be immediately following it. I'm guessing it's there to keep the audience tuned in even after the program finishes.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

You know what I'm surprised about? How no one has made a gif of Pops saying "Glorious" in the episode "Rigby's Body". I'm pretty much certain that part of the episode was made specifically for the purpose of being made into a 4-chan macro gif.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Trousers! posted:

I think it flipped up after the towel fell down, he wasn't already fully erect.

I didn't notice this first time around and I mistook the flap thing as an "open fly" joke. Now that I've gone back to see it, yeah, it does seem to be an erection joke.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I just now realized that the voice singing during the Planet Chasers video is saying "make me forget". Again, it's all the little things about this show that I enjoy.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Dolash posted:

Also I heard that the short female character who spoke a line to Margret is coming back in future episodes?

Yeah, Eileen I think her name was. I think her shtick is that she has the hots for Rigby, but Rigby is too dense to realize. It's like Mordecai and Margaret, only with the roles reversed.

I also got a kick out of the "Is Mordecai ignoring you?" bit. Here's a tip kids: you want to win the affection of the girl of your dreams? Then treat her like she doesn't exist.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

"Party Pete / Benson Be Gone" is now available on iTunes, but not "Brain Eraser". It'll be interesting to see when/if they get around to making it available.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I can't believe I haven't noticed it until now, but in the recent episode "But I Have A Receipt" the Cheezers girl can been seen standing in like for the game. She's only in it for one shot, but she was pretty well placed and I'm amazed I haven't noticed until now, just like in "Party Pete". I bet she's going to be like the "waving snail" or "hidden alien" for this show.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Only one banana in the cart? Yup, Mordecai knows a single woman when he sees one.

Another great episode. I also wish that CN would knock it off with the episode breaks. I didn't complain when they broke the shows up into 15 minutes bits, but putting commercials in the middle of those is just too far. Cut us some slack here, dammit!

Fake Edit: What were those other names tramp stamped on the back of Starla?

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Or Problem Solverz gets dumped. Goddamn is that show an eyesore. Robotomy or whatever that show was tons better. It was like a kid-friendly version of Superjail.

Problem Solverz could be the funniest thing since Monty Python and I still wouldn't watch it. The whole design is an offense to the eyes. It makes Aqua Teen Hunger Force look like a Miyazaki film.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Fag Boy Jim posted:

They're all pretty much great

"Party Pete" is still my favorite.

"Stop? I do no vant to." :ssj:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Nah, Mordecai is just a huge puss who's never let her know his feelings so she thinks he's just a friend.

This right here. It isn't Margaret's fault that Mordecai is still stuck in the friend zone. He said he was going to make his move, but he didn't. Granted that the real reason he didn't make his move was due to Rigby's epic cockblocking, but still, he had plenty of opportunities before that. :colbert:

That's about all I'm gonna say on the subject. I'm a great risk of taking a cartoon about a talking blue jay and raccoon way too seriously.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Pick posted:

I can't believe they had the frog-raping chimpanzee make a cameo :stare:.

I didn't even know this was a thing. I'm not exactly tempted to go looking for it though.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

"I know right? Guys are the worst." :haw:

Great episode. Mordecai's line alone sold it.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

CaptainScraps posted:

Mordecai with a chaos dunk!

And with Filter's "Hey Man Nice Shot" at that. So badass.

At least she said your hot. :v:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Z.S. Ghost posted:

Oh, poo poo, it is Tyler and Gambino? That's fantastic.

Holy poo poo, it really is them! This is already an incredible episode.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I was trying to read what was on the jar of peppers Rigby was holding during the contest, but it was only on screen for about a quarter of a second. I wonder why...

Oh, I see now. :haw:

Excellent episode. One of the best yet. Whenever the episode features Benson, partying and/or a licensed music montage you know it's going to be something special.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Also, during the "Bet to be Blonde" episode where you can see the "Mordecai and the Rigbys" shirts hanging in the closet. Total continuity.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Haha, they went to the Institute of Technical Technology (ITT). Nice.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I finally got around to watching "That's My Television". Holy poo poo, what a spectacular episode. I'm surprised no one renamed the thread "Aw Sick! It Smells Like the Eighties!" over it.

I was so stoked over the news about Regular Show getting a BRD release that I went ahead and preordered it, and preordering is something I almost never do. I can't stress enough how delighted I am over Regular Show's consistent awesomeness. Normally when season four rolls around I start getting worried about a show getting stale, but RS keeps upping the ante and, in my opinion anyway, it only gets getter each season with only a few barely-mentionable flaws.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

Maybe the magic hat that cured his coma also cured his allergy?

I like to imagine that, in the RS universe, Rigby cannot be killed by the same thing twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

Oh poo poo! Don't Fear the Reaper!

This is a pretty dope episode.

• Locked thread