Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

KungFu Grip posted:

That's not even the most awesome one:

That had me laughing for a whole minute.

Every time - EVERY TIME they run this show, there's always a DVR conflict that keeps me from watching it. I've been keeping up through XBox Live whenever I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Inspector_71 posted:

Crossin' fuckin' borders all up in here.

(that avatar owns marty)

I really loving wish I could draw. I'd have Mordecai in the Charlie Crews "touch death" pose (seen here in case you haven't watched Life) (rectify that immediately), "The Power" in his gun hand...maybe Fist Pump tickets in the flag hand.

With all due respect to the guy that put this av together for me, that would probably coax another five bucks out of me.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

ToastyPotato posted:

I really, really hope this show catches on.

I'm hoping that all the fanart springing up after a mere two episodes is a sign that it has.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Welp, so much for repping Doctor Who.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

404GoonNotFound posted:

You... you abandoned the pose :ohdear:

Yeah, like I'm gonna find somebody in this thread who can draw a reasonably good Mordecai in The Pose. I got lucky in the Doctor Who thread, but now I wanna rep Regular Show for a while and this was the most awesome picture I can find (though I wish I could fit it all in a 125x125 crop)

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Inspector_71 posted:

The text is well done.

Thanks, I...I honestly can't help but laugh every time I read it back to myself. I think it's a little cheesy, but the citation just makes it.

Why the hell am I talking about this?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

SlimGoodbody posted:

What is "the pose?"

This. It's a scene from the show Life, I had it as my avatar for a long time, then when I got into Doctor Who I had MokBa draw Matt Smith in the same way, holding Who-specific items.

And I was happy until that bit of fanart Tarantinoed up Mordecai and Rigby.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

kefkafloyd posted:

Mordecai is Charlie from Always Sunny, just with some extra literacy.

Really? I'd attribute Charlie to Rigby based on his hyperactivity, lack of education, etc.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
You know why tonight's a good night? Because I don't have the DVR conflicts that will keep me from watching Regular Show live.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

SlimGoodbody posted:

You can't say that and then not show us what you guys looked like, man.

Also it seems like a long shot but if anyone here has a Samsung Galaxy S (or any Android phone with a display of 480*800) I made a Regular Show Hamboning wallpaper for it.

Click here for the full 960x800 image.

This is now the backdrop for my iPad. Thank you.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

nfreakct posted:

In awesome news both Regular Show and Adventure Time have been officially renewed for an additional season (Adventure Time for its 3rd, Regular Show for its 2nd). The not-so-good news is that MAD somehow also got renewed.

Let the retards have MAD; we've still got Regular Show and Adventure Time.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Holy poo poo those high fives between Mordecai, Rigby, and Benson. Infinitely GIFable.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Holy poo poo, that would've been a great start to the show.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Darke GBF posted:

Wow, they totally removed the Margaret/Mordecai carrot. Usually shows string that poo poo along foreeeeeeeeeeever, and then have no closure at all.

I too thought Mordecai being eternally friendzoned would be a series-long running gag, owing mostly to the fact that character progression tends to be frowned upon in these cartoons, but here we are. They handled it really well, too.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
And it looks like it's gonna be a huge one. The commercials are referring to it as a "very special Regular Show" and reveal Mordecai going in for his first kiss with Margaret.

Of course, the episode's called "Bad Kiss".

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

nerdbot posted:

Did the ducks show up? They should've shown up.

They showed up in their ultimate form. "Step OFF!"

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I think my favorite touches of the episode was Margaret's ringtone for Mordecai being his dorky song, and how she got worked up over her own perceived dorkiness on the phone.

The romance is pretty drat good for a series that can only make incremental-at-best changes to the status quo.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
YOU GOT THE TOUCH

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Y-Hat posted:

Welp, they referenced the Friend Zone.

Rigby referenced the Friend Zone and it's established he's an idiot. Meanwhile, look at the way Margaret was looking at Mordecai in the car.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FORGET WHAT I JUST SAID

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Now I want a Margaret and Ellen episode.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Dolash posted:

Sure, I suppose, but should they really call that "the friendzone"?

For better or worse, that's how people relate to having an unrequited love. There are plenty of lovely people who get real mileage out of the term, but if the myth of the friend zone is going to be perpetuated, I'd prefer kids learn that it's a thing that can happen because one (or both!) parties are somehow unable to express their feelings, and not -- as expressed by Rigby and FAR more often assumed in my experience -- something women do to men after they fail to execute a certain list of maneuvers or meet a certain arbitrary standard.

No, putting your cards on the table doesn't always work out, and it's important for children to learn that from their parents. However, a.) the overall story of the show, which in Regular Show's book trumps life lessons, dictated that it had to work out, and b.) it was made clear, multiple times during and before this episode, that Mordecai's attraction to Margaret was mutual. And in case it wasn't obvious, the Wise Meteor Man pulled a Deus Ex Machina to show Mordecai and the audience "Look, moron, here were some of the signs you missed. Here are the chances you had and punked out of. You're running out of lives with her. Sack up."

It's tricky territory, nigh-impossible to handle perfectly, but I think they did as good a job as can be expected.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Holy poo poo that was amazing.

You see how those VHS guys used the old school flip phones with extendable antennas? Talk about full commitment to the premise.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
That episode was a brilliant close to the season, but if you're enough of a dork to recognize the voice of the FBI Agent as Jennifer "Commander Shepard" Hale, that just makes it even better.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
That chair slide from Benson was a pretty sly Poltergeist reference. (Maybe.)

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Holy poo poo, CJ?

Nice swerve!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Sockser I'm really sorry about what you're going through but that is, uh, a hard one to react to in these parts.

• Locked thread