Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
I don't like how this is making me look back less fondly on the comic's strongest moments, like https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1082

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah this kinda feels like the part in Chrono Cross where ghostly visons of the Chrono Trigger characters as children explain the entire plot to you

So what GC needs is a banging soundtrack

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yeah this kinda feels like the part in Chrono Cross where ghostly visons of the Chrono Trigger characters as children explain the entire plot to you

This post entertained me way more than the comic has in ages.

It’s too boring now for me to even get the schadenfreude glee of a descent into trash.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

isasphere posted:

I don't like how this is making me look back less fondly on the comic's strongest moments, like https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1082

Oof. Wish you hadn't pointed that out.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Oh... Gunnerkrigg Court...

why isn't this the thread title yet

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I like this update, I just wish we weren't getting the resolution to this plot which has been running since the beginning of the comic in the form of a dream world's contrivance and as a C-plot side-tangent of a side-tangent

I mean I still dont know why Robot feels guilty about all of this, or why they felt l ike they did all this, even for an exposition page this is a bit muddied but like

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Robot setting himself up to have been the angel all along.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
"Evil"? Is he supposed to be showing remorse? because if so, that's not really being conveyed well. Apart from that word, I'd interpret this as him being unapologetic, like a "i know kat won't like that i did that, but i did what i had to do" kinda thing.

Also hard "lmao" at the "metatron's cube" diagram with Kat's dopey smiley face symbol in the middle. That probably wasn't supposed to be funny but it cracked me up.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

“Thanks for asking new character! The answer is the main characters were taking too long to figure this out, but here’s how it would have went if they tried.”

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Annie: "Oh... Dark Haired Numan Girl..."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm scared. The past few pages are... not bad? Actually good? I hate the say it, but the Zimmyverse seems like the best way to handle Robots reveal to Annie (what with her actually seeing what happened and Robot's Archangel form along with the bird seraphs), I just wish it wasn't THIS version of the Zimmyverse. If it wasn't for the one foray into Coyote-land and the ever-so-puntable Coyote-hog, I would have assumed that Tom honestly forgot what instigated this trip into the Zimmyverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
I do think it's nice that Robot was waiting for the other seraphs to be given a chance first. Good to see his religious fervour has not been dampened. That's the Robot I like to see, raving about his goddess.