Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's because flash died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

flatluigi posted:

it's because flash died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0nuQ5o2DYU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

https://archive.org/details/flash-is-dead

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Uthor posted:

This is the second random Teen Girl Squad reference I've seen this week, something that I hadn't thought about since approx 2004.

And I just randomly saw it yesterday while watching an old Lindsay Ellis video.

Baader–Meinhof phenomenon at full swing.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

da emails

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

flatluigi posted:

it's because flash died

metatoon lives

https://homestarrunner.com/toons#Toons

https://homestarrunner.com/toons/dna-evidence

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Any group of exactly four female characters can be mapped onto the Teen Girl Squad.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Bongo Bill posted:

Any group of exactly four female characters can be mapped onto the Teen Girl Squad.

:hmmyes:

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Leonardo is Cheerleader. Donatello is So and So, Raphael is What's Her Face and Michalangelo is The Ugly One.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Leonardo is Cheerleader. Donatello is So and So, Raphael is What's Her Face and Michalangelo is The Ugly One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYsOdf0HJeQ

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Kat is Cheerleader, City Annie is So and So, Forest Annie is What's Her Face, and Renard is The Ugly One.

Thoughts and feedback welcome

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Red, Janet, Paz, and Zimmy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

All the world's a Zimmy, and the people merely players.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So, Annie has kinda subdued Zimmy and this is her world?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Well, whatever this means, it's alarming

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

Well, whatever this means, it's alarming

Anything else, know this to be the most true thing possible.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm beginning to think the Court has done something very, very bad here.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
So Zimmy is reliving something awful, filtered through Annie. I'm worried about this meeting.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
does anyone have the pages of the comic handy where we went through this scene before?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This is suddenly fascinating.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Hi Surma.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

flatluigi posted:

does anyone have the pages of the comic handy where we went through this scene before?

Here's the scene with Gamma

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

october 2008 huh

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There's also this bit.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

well that explains what renard's doing in the current storyline

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

flatluigi posted:

october 2008 huh

Time has no meaning.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

flatluigi posted:

well that explains what renard's doing in the current storyline

Renard has openly hated/feared Zimmy since his first appearance in his doll form. When he was sabotaging people's science projects Zimmy's was the only other one he didn't touch since he wouldn't get near anything she made.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Zerilan posted:

Renard has openly hated/feared Zimmy since his first appearance in his doll form. When he was sabotaging people's science projects Zimmy's was the only other one he didn't touch since he wouldn't get near anything she made.

I was talking specifically about how it started with both the elves and renard calling zimmy a demon

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
It tracks that Zimmy would see herself in one of them; afterall she hates and fears herself too. :smith:

Also it's my sincerest wish that the next page is just both Annies saying "Nope, we're smarter than this" and turning around to leave.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Filthy Haiku posted:

It tracks that Zimmy would see herself in one of them; afterall she hates and fears herself too. :smith:

Also it's my sincerest wish that the next page is just both Annies saying "Nope, we're smarter than this" and turning around to leave.

condolences

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Fecha posted:

condolences

They were half right

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Oh no, Surma was republicans. :ohdear:

I'm happy at least one Annie remembered that she's pragmatic at times.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I see this getting worse given the events of last chapter, We had an ominous Zimmy transition before getting the fun scene of Court Annie once again struggling to bond with Tony, which Forest Annie has seemingly been more successful with, so I get the feeling parents/absence thereof has been weighing heavily on Court more than Forest since then.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
M-m-m-m-matricide!!!

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
I wonder if forest Annie will think to try this on Renard and court Annie. They're likely both fakes (well, we know that the Renard walking with them is). It also handily explains why their telepathy doesn't work, the Annies and Renard are actually entirely separated. Also I checked and it seems forest Annie has not touched either of them since entering Zimmyworld.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Renotd:

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Lmao Forest Annie did not gently caress around there.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Toraen posted:

I wonder if forest Annie will think to try this on Renard and court Annie. They're likely both fakes (well, we know that the Renard walking with them is). It also handily explains why their telepathy doesn't work, the Annies and Renard are actually entirely separated. Also I checked and it seems forest Annie has not touched either of them since entering Zimmyworld.

I notice that court annie does grab renard (which would be a good clue to court being fake) but worth noting
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=463
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=465

Annie is grabbing kat several times in this sequence but she doesnt fade away until gamma touches her. Probably since Annie thought Kat was real so she had no reason to try & poof her? So even if forest annie is the only real one here, if she doesn't suspect the others of being fake she might not poof them

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

rannum posted:

So even if forest annie is the only real one here, if she doesn't suspect the others of being fake she might not poof them
Yeah, probably. A couple comics after the ones you linked, Zimmy tells Annie that "It's only as real as you let it be."

Huh, I wonder if Zimmy World works on Silent Hill rules? What you bring with you is used against you, or something like that.

Edit: Also, I don't see Ray, Beef, or Cornelius in the teddy bear pile this time :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

catapede posted:

Lmao Forest Annie did not gently caress around there.

It's actions like this that got her into the top 10 on the character poll!