Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

glad Tom is doing a chapter about the bitcoin bubble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I've been hoping to find out more about boxbot

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think my memories would be that int-

Dammit

It's OK. We're all Coyote here.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Geez, straight to the sad right after the happy.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!

Geocities Homepage King posted:

You're all so lucky to have a compassionate girl visiting you when you're at your worst.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Coyote's a good friend. The kind of friend that helps you forget the bad times :)

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Coyote doesn't need to lie, if he can make you forget you had a question.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ditocoaf posted:

Coyote doesn't need to lie, if he can make you forget you had a question.

I think that's the real issue.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Noted.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

How kind of Coyote to give Ysengrin a head scratch while talking to the others.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Coyote's health coverage comes with regularly scheduled brain massages.

Smooth those stress lines in the ol gray matter.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

So...he's pulling out Ysingren's memories or feelings about Annie?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

There Bias Two posted:

So...he's pulling out Ysingren's memories or feelings about Annie?

Or pushing them back in to make him go berserk! :unsmigghh:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Coyote whispers the final ingredient into Ysengrin's ear...

"Vote UKIP."

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Tupperwarez posted:

Coyote whispers the final ingredient into Ysengrin's ear...

"Vote UKIP."

That's too evil for even Coyote

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I wonder if Coyote is trying to drive Ysengrin to do something like what Renard did for Surma.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

quote:

Vote UKIP
______________/

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!
Ysengrin falling in love with Annie would cause such unbelievable chaos that I could totally see Coyote doing it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Okay, this is just goddamn devastating. Ys already has to deal with having a rotting body, now his mind is decaying as well.

Alzheimer is so scary :(

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So every Wednesday Previews World drops the comics that are coming out next week. (American comic books come out on Wednesdays.) I was going through the list to jot down what I'm getting next week, and saw this:

SEP171316 GUNNERKRIGG COURT HC VOL 06 $26.99

It's not on the Topatoco store, but I did find the listing on Preveiw's site:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP171316

(I hope a softcover is coming soon for volume 5 (and 6), as I just finished rereading them that way, and I'm too OCD to have some in soft cover and some in hard cover.)

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I wonder if Coyote is trying to drive Ysengrin to do something like what Renard did for Surma.

Something that didn't occur to me before. . . . We know that Coyote gave Renard the power to steal bodies, of course. And we also know from his characterization since he met Antimony that he's mostly a moral and kind person, who e.g. was against Hettie killing a random boy. And we now know that Coyote is loving with Ysengrin's mind. Did Coyote gently caress with Renard's mind to make him kill what's-his-name? Or even to fall in love with Surma in the first place?

All of a sudden I'm wondering: who else's mind has Coyote hosed with? Surma's? Annie's?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

If you go by the fables they are named after (qv Renard The Fox) people just gently caress with Ysengrim all the time because he's a jerk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mean doggie. :(

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Coyote is not your friend.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

DontMockMySmock posted:

Something that didn't occur to me before. . . . We know that Coyote gave Renard the power to steal bodies, of course. And we also know from his characterization since he met Antimony that he's mostly a moral and kind person, who e.g. was against Hettie killing a random boy. And we now know that Coyote is loving with Ysengrin's mind. Did Coyote gently caress with Renard's mind to make him kill what's-his-name? Or even to fall in love with Surma in the first place?

All of a sudden I'm wondering: who else's mind has Coyote hosed with? Surma's? Annie's?

I think it's very possible he hosed with Reynardine. I doubt he'd mess with human minds though, he seems entirely fixated on subtle manipulation and tricks so it would seem like cheating if he just straight up brainwashed people.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I think we saw a scene with Coyote talking to Renard shortly before possessing the guy but I don't remember what chapter that was.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I think we saw a scene with Coyote talking to Renard shortly before possessing the guy but I don't remember what chapter that was.

This page.

A bit too symbolic to really guess what might have really happened there, but Renard at least remembers the event.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Coyote is not your friend.

Coyote is your friend for all values of your friends, as Coyote is everyone.

He is also all your enemies.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

Tenebrais posted:

This page.

A bit too symbolic to really guess what might have really happened there, but Renard at least remembers the event.

He pushes Reynard to do it and avoids lying about whether it will kill the guy by a hair saying that
Reynard cannot possibly know that it will kill him. Coyote knew perfectly well what would happen.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I'm starting to worry about what the Coyote plush on my dresser is doing to me while I sleep.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

OgreNoah posted:

I'm starting to worry about what the Coyote plush on my dresser is doing to me while I sleep.

Check your post history. Any unusual edits?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Hodgepodge posted:

He pushes Reynard to do it and avoids lying about whether it will kill the guy by a hair saying that
Reynard cannot possibly know that it will kill him. Coyote knew perfectly well what would happen.

:monocle:
I never caught that one! Goddammit.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Can't wait for Coyote to try and give Renard half of his powers again

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Can't wait for Coyote to try and give Renard half of his powers again

This time he's going to go one better and give them to Annie.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

OgreNoah posted:

Do you remember eating three boxes of Oreos one night a few weeks ago? No? Uh oh...

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Hodgepodge posted:

Do you remember eating three boxes of Oreos one night a few weeks ago? No? Uh oh...

not any one night in particular, but they all blur together after a while

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

What the gently caress Coyote

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Surprising nobody, Coyote manipulated and mindhacked Ysengrin into his current position.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Is Coyote expecting Annie to get him to change his answer somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

maswastaken posted:

Is Coyote expecting Annie to get him to change his answer somehow?

I don't know what Coyotes motive is exactly but this took place long before they met Annie