Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm pretty sure the way he sees himself is as the shrivelled, wasted wolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
The way he really is.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Wooo! Thanks, Mysterious Avatar Fairy Godmother/father!

With regards to today's comic, I wonder if them yanking her out of her body is going to cause any complications. It doesn't seem like it would, if the Blinkerstone/trainingwheels metaphor holds up, but I'm a bit worried still. :ohdear:

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
So, I've tried to get into this Gunnerkrigg avatar action, but since my image editing skills are quite awful it hasn't been very successful. So I've decided to ask for a bit of help. I've been trying to make an avatar out of the middle panel of the last line of the following comic:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=508

The speech bubble is skippable, I can fit the text underneath, but I want to include the clicking wire strippers, and I just manage to mess up the proportions when I try. I would really appreciate some help on how to sort this out.:)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Macaluso posted:

Cheers, that one is great, but it is Kat from the line beneath that one that I've got my eyes set on. :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 13, 2012

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh noooo

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Macaluso posted:

Fantastic, Thank's a lot.:)

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Cowcaster posted:

oh noooo

Kateretak's derp-eyes get all the wire strippers hot and bothered

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

DekeThornton posted:

Fantastic, Thank's a lot.:)

Did you put a blur filter on it, or has something in my browser gone horribly wrong?

I always thought that would be a great avatar with a bit of animation, but I have not the skills to pull it off.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Oneiros posted:

Did you put a blur filter on it, or has something in my browser gone horribly wrong?

I always thought that would be a great avatar with a bit of animation, but I have not the skills to pull it off.
It was shrunk to 119x119, which could explain it.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Elysiume posted:

It was shrunk to 119x119, which could explain it.

Yeah, when I saved it it was about 2 KB to large, so I resized it, with the bluryness as a result. But I thought, bah! It's good enough for now. I'll sort it proper at a later time.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

DekeThornton posted:

Yeah, when I saved it it was about 2 KB to large, so I resized it, with the bluryness as a result. But I thought, bah! It's good enough for now. I'll sort it proper at a later time.

Yeah, I just noticed that.

I ran the original through some crushing tools and tweaked the colour a bit. Got it down to ~15kb. Kind of late now, though...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Oneiros posted:

Yeah, I just noticed that.

I ran the original through some crushing tools and tweaked the colour a bit. Got it down to ~15kb. Kind of late now, though...

Thanks! I saved that one for later. If I get to annoyed by my inept resize attempt I'll have a properly downsized avatar good to go.:)

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Looks like someone resolved the problem. :goleft:

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Indeed! Thank you mysterious avatar benefactor. That really is amazingly generous. I wish I could repay it somehow. :)

Cyphoderus
Apr 21, 2010

I'll have you know, foxes have the finest call in nature

DekeThornton posted:

Indeed! Thank you mysterious avatar benefactor. That really is amazingly generous. I wish I could repay it somehow. :)

Likewise. You're brilliant, thank you very much!

edit: I even got a link :3:

Cyphoderus fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 14, 2012

Fetucine
Oct 29, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

I like this one a lot. Thinking about using. I'll see if I can find money.

I was also somewhat bored.

(the first one is really close to 30kb, you might need to do something with it to lower the filesize to make it avatarable)

I'm not sure which of these is proper, since Rey is only looking slightly to one side.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The sudden surge of avatars is wonderful :allears:

And now that I think about it, will Annie's body be able to sustain itself? Her soul did suddenly get disconnected, after all.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I felt kinda sad that no one picked up that upside down Red so I went ahead and fixed that problem. All these avatars are really amazing though.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Frome posted:

I felt kinda sad that no one picked up that upside down Red so I went ahead and fixed that problem. All these avatars are really amazing though.
I love your title text.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Macaluso posted:

I like how it makes a moustache in the middle

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
This is incredibly silly!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

idonotlikepeas posted:

Here are some more icons, if anyone would like any:

It's hard to keep track, have either of these ones been taken? I'm tempted to join in on this action, maybe.

Nondevor posted:

And now that I think about it, will Annie's body be able to sustain itself? Her soul did suddenly get disconnected, after all.

Well, the ex-faeries don't have that problem, and supposedly she wouldn't need the blinker stone eventually anyway...

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 14, 2012

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

MikeJF posted:

It's hard to keep track, have either of these ones been taken? I'm tempted to join in on this action, maybe.
It's not conclusive but I can't remember seeing either of those.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Cowcaster posted:

oh noooo

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Number 169 posted:

I want one of Kat holding a spanner or working on the robots, even if I have to squirrel it away until I can afford it.

What was that? You want someone to post a ridiculous number of Kat pictures? Don't mind if I do!

And a few others:

WeaponBoy posted:

Ysengrin has the best ethereal form. Coyote is too much of a showboat. :colbert:

I'm not sure what a good subtitle would be though. "The way he sees himself"?

I'm glad you took that one. Ether-Ysengrin is one of Tom's best works.

MikeJF posted:

I haven't seen anyone post about taking those. (I'm updating the original post as people start using them.)

E: In use:

idonotlikepeas fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jan 14, 2012

Number 169
Feb 25, 2007

Let's see if I can guess your function.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Let's see if I can guess your function.

Score! Thanks idonotlikepeas :)

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

idonotlikepeas posted:

I love this one out of context. "Hey, I found some candy in this old robot!"

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

I could see her saying that, too. Kat really is the best character.

Also, this thread is giving me all kinds of warm fuzzies. If the avatar fairy comes forward, Tom should draw them a fairy avatar. :3

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dear Tom,

Please start selling custom avatars for $5+ bucks.

Love,

SA Goons

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Pester posted:

I could see her saying that, too. Kat really is the best character.

Also, this thread is giving me all kinds of warm fuzzies. If the avatar fairy comes forward, Tom should draw them a fairy avatar. :3

Ahahaha this is the best $200 I've ever seen spent on the forums.

Avatar fairy, stay anonymous and mysterious and awesome. :allears:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ironic Twist posted:

It's even better than the Spiderman hardhat fairy.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Pester posted:

The best part is that Tom has said he likes it when people use his stuff for avatars. So I like to imagine that seeing all of these floating around the forums will give him a boost for a while.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Ironic Twist posted:

I'm thinking it's multiple people because while it's a very nice thing to do, $200 on internet avatars is a bit much for one person!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Must be some really nice PR for Tom at least.

On another note, all this talk of money is making me want to buy the published volumes, but that would have to wait for another day. Maybe once when the second book gets re-released/I have the income. I imagine that the story would flow much, much nicer in that format also.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

idonotlikepeas posted:

I may have to have another Kat av if someone could animate her punching and border it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Heliotrope posted:

I may have to have another Kat av if someone could animate her punching and border it.

Something like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

idonotlikepeas posted:

I think swords are neat do you think swords are neat!!

Someone actually got me into Gunnerkrigg by linking that bonus page because he thought I would find it super hilarious (and was correct).