Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm starting to get mad at Kat too

I wonder if Kat is slowly losing her humanity, or at least interest in other people, as she continues her journey toward becoming a deity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

I wonder if Kat is slowly losing her humanity, or at least interest in other people, as she continues her journey toward becoming a deity.

No, she's just being a teenager

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

or she has dissociated from the annies after the reveal neither are "her's"

Like that was one hell of a look to give back in that chapter

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Darth TNT posted:

I'm a little confused here on why everyone is angry again. Why is the court angry at the Forest Elves being forced out of the forest by Loup?
And why do the forest elves feel like being angry at Anni is the correct course of action after Loup kicked them out of the forest?

Kat is really good at feigning interest.

Annie remains an excellent scapegoat for everyone else's problems.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

rannum posted:

or she has dissociated from the annies after the reveal neither are "her's"

Like that was one hell of a look to give back in that chapter
Yeah, she's probably trying to get the "real" Annie back and that's what she and Paz are fighting about

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Darth TNT posted:

I'm a little confused here on why everyone is angry again. Why is the court angry at the Forest Elves being forced out of the forest by Loup?
The Court are complete dicks.

quote:

And why do the forest elves feel like being angry at Anni is the correct course of action after Loup kicked them out of the forest?
The Forest are complete dicks.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Or, all things considered, the court have drat good reasons to be wary of what comes from the Forest, nowaday?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Remember time froze, from the forest's point of view they were having a normal day and then all of a sudden Annie was in front of them going 'oh hey you can't live in the forest and also you can't come into the court, here's some tents'.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Annie is the Forest medium and it is her responsibility to manage the relationship with Loup. She is failing horribly, and now all the elves of the forest are suffering for it. I wouldn't blame them for being upset with her, even if she's doing the best she can.

Splicer posted:

Yeah, she's probably trying to get the "real" Annie back and that's what she and Paz are fighting about

That sounds pretty plausible.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Is this the first time we've seen the president principal guy since the time skip? I've been wondering what he's been up to.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I think expecting two high schoolers to manage a chaotic selfish man dog-child may be a big ask.

Coyote was, at least relatively, reasonable.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm starting to get mad at Kat too

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Warmachine posted:

I think expecting two high schoolers to manage a chaotic selfish man dog-child may be a big ask.

Coyote was, at least relatively, reasonable.

I would totally not expect Annie to do any better than she did. But she's also the only one who actually knows what Loup is like, so...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i mean if the court wants to send a redshirt adult to talk to Loki But They're The Mad Hatter, they can see what that gets them

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I can only expect that interaction to succeed like how most SCP containment attempts end up

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

I can only expect that interaction to succeed like how most SCP containment attempts end up

Entertainingly?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Warmachine posted:

Entertainingly?

They said most.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
routine and not enormously difficult?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Badly-written?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Darth TNT posted:

Because stopping poo poo like this is her literal job. The court didn't want to Annie to have anything to do with the forest, but she went around them to become Coyote's medium. And ever since then, things have constantly gone terribly wrong. She wrecked the barrier between the Court and the Forest, every time she goes over there some new weirdness happens, and they can't even stop her from constantly stirring up the hornets nest, because the last time they tried, Coyote showed up and wrecked literal buildings.

A bunch of scientists and academics are watching their life's work get absolutely wrecked by a precocious 15 year old. Of course they're mad at her.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kerning Chameleon posted:

They said most.

Lurdiak posted:

Badly-written?

Fair.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"I need those robots for my giant forest-chopping mecha suit!"

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Patrick Spens posted:

Because stopping poo poo like this is her literal job. The court didn't want to Annie to have anything to do with the forest, but she went around them to become Coyote's medium. And ever since then, things have constantly gone terribly wrong. She wrecked the barrier between the Court and the Forest, every time she goes over there some new weirdness happens, and they can't even stop her from constantly stirring up the hornets nest, because the last time they tried, Coyote showed up and wrecked literal buildings.

A bunch of scientists and academics are watching their life's work get absolutely wrecked by a precocious 15 year old. Of course they're mad at her.
Makes sense.

maswastaken posted:

The Court are complete dicks.

The Forest are complete dicks.

Court isn't a complete dick though, they're offering the Elves housing.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Which is totally a thing any of us knew when I said that.

Also the Court are dicks.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

maswastaken posted:

Which is totally a thing any of us knew when I said that.

Also the Court are dicks.

They're just less of a dick than Loup.

But then there's Boxbot.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Imagine if they override Boxbot. :shudder:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
If the CPUs are in storage, how'd they get Arthur back?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

FronzelNeekburm posted:

The ones who got headcrabbed had their CPUs ripped out, Arthur was one of the ones running the shield, which still have theirs.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

can they just, like, lift up the CPUs of a few long enough for the elves to run into the shield?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

FronzelNeekburm posted:

By transferring him in a new Kat-made cyborg body.
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2138

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

By transferring him in a new Kat-made cyborg body.
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2138

I think he knows that he just misunderstood that only a handful of robots have so far been overridden.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

MikeJF posted:

can they just, like, lift up the CPUs of a few long enough for the elves to run into the shield?

Legitimately seems like itd be enough for Loup to burst through or for something epse to get in.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Powerful mum energies.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Today's comic got me to reread Annie in the Forest, which is a good thing.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Podima posted:

Today's comic got me to reread Annie in the Forest, which is a good thing.

Coyote is also great, and Traveler as well if you want to feel sad. (I also have a Cityface-signed copy of City Life with City Face that is super cool and wow!)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The site's not loading for me.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Bruceski posted:

The site's not loading for me.

Same for me as well.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
It's back up now

https://twitter.com/gunnerkrigg/status/1208233449091403778

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
oh no she's hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Mikl posted:

oh no she's hot

is this why kat and paz are fighting