Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Dias posted:

I think it might extend from "mechanical things" to "knowing how poo poo works" at first sight.

Considering her recent interaction with the robots, I think she's got some sort of etheric machine empathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
Where the hell did that hovercraft go, by the way?

The same place as the cursed teapot?

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

nothings posted:

I tried tweaking the reduction various ways so the linework would be more visible.

(There are also PNGs corresponding to the JPGs if anyone wants to edit them further, just change 'jpg' to 'png'.)

I wish I could buy the middle one with the title "Now....face the fury of the Phoenix Force!" I hate being broke. :(

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Ironic Twist posted:

Where the hell did that hovercraft go, by the way?

Pretty sure a later strip mentioned the school confiscated her anti-grav unit.

TinfoilHate
Nov 19, 2003

What the hell is wrong
with you people?

Cabbit posted:

Considering her recent interaction with the robots, I think she's got some sort of etheric machine empathy.
Yeah, don't forget this, where the robots were surprised she could even read it. She's at least set up to be outstanding at the mechanics.

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011
Why is Blue so jealous? Because of the hair! Look at that hair, it simply is the best there is!

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=330

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I think it's more of a Blue thinks that Red (and no once else) will no longer want to be her friend, due to Carver having the hair that goes up the most. Faeries are fickle beings.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kgummy posted:

I think it's more of a Blue thinks that Red (and no once else) will no longer want to be her friend, due to Carver having the hair that goes up the most. Faeries are fickle beings.

Honestly I like this explanation the best, can't wait for tomorrow.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I was thinking this morning, and Renard has never joined Annie when she's gone etheral with Jeanne right? I think having a wolf would be pretty useful in that situation, but I'm sure Annie has her reasons for not taking Renard with her.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Cozz posted:

I was thinking this morning, and Renard has never joined Annie when she's gone etheral with Jeanne right? I think having a wolf would be pretty useful in that situation, but I'm sure Annie has her reasons for not taking Renard with her.

Well, Renard's true form is a fox, not a wolf. But no, he's never gone down there with her.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Cozz posted:

I thought Renard was completely trapped in his current body and couldn't go into his ethereal form.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Is the Court just empty? That chapter where Red gets a haircut has the three girls going through a rather long commute and there's no one else to be seen.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Brannock posted:

Is the Court just empty? That chapter where Red gets a haircut has the three girls going through a rather long commute and there's no one else to be seen.

That is one of the many unanswered mysteries of the court

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Brannock posted:

I don't think it's so much empty as growing faster than the inhabitants need it to.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Good Citizen posted:

I thought Renard was completely trapped in his current body and couldn't go into his ethereal form.

Nah, he can definitely project himself ethereally somewhat at least.
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=599
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=520

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Pretty sure he can't go far from his body. In the first Annie is just looking into the room where he is, and in the second he's just popping his head out of his body for a second.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I think a lot of the court thats actually used these days is probably kinda off-limits to the students, and they classes are just kinda split up all willy-nilly among the remaining abandoned areas. If the place grew from the seed bismuth, I'm betting it's just gonna keep growing, even if its already big enough to fit in everything they need three or four times over.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Waffleopolis posted:

I wish I could buy the middle one with the title "Now....face the fury of the Phoenix Force!" I hate being broke. :(

Activate X-Factor. All your money in the red will return to you. It works best when all your friends are dead, though.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Prison Warden posted:

I think a lot of the court thats actually used these days is probably kinda off-limits to the students, and they classes are just kinda split up all willy-nilly among the remaining abandoned areas. If the place grew from the seed bismuth, I'm betting it's just gonna keep growing, even if its already big enough to fit in everything they need three or four times over.

Given the size we've seen in panoramas, it seems more like three or four hundred times over.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Rasamune posted:

Well, Renard's true form is a fox, not a wolf. But no, he's never gone down there with her.

Oh right, confused his nicer wolf form with his etheral form. But there's probably a simple reason that Rey can't help her with Jeanne.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Cozz posted:

Oh right, confused his nicer wolf form with his etheral form. But there's probably a simple reason that Rey can't help her with Jeanne.

Well they've only been down there deliberately once, and it was a scouting mission. Maybe he will go with them.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 20, 2012

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
You know, I just thought of something. You know the Bismuth Seed that created the court? Maybe it's closely linked with the Tic-tocs? After all, a planted Tic-toc seems to create some sort of similar thing. Maybe the Bismuth Seed is a Tic-toc egg?

sansuki
May 17, 2003

Kgummy posted:

You know, I just thought of something. You know the Bismuth Seed that created the court? Maybe it's closely linked with the Tic-tocs? After all, a planted Tic-toc seems to create some sort of similar thing. Maybe the Bismuth Seed is a Tic-toc egg?

Or maybe they were one of the inventions of Father(can't remember his name). I bet that he managed to somewhat re-create the Seed in his robots, hence when the Tic-Toc died, it began to grow a new building.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
I'm sure most of you read Tea-san's blog already, but everyone should check out the latest entry. Hello, new wallpaper.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Sniper Party posted:

I'm sure most of you read Tea-san's blog already, but everyone should check out the latest entry. Hello, new wallpaper.

That's pretty great.

dumb brunette
Mar 17, 2009

I admire man's ability to see beauty in everything! Even a flame!

sansuki posted:

Or maybe they were one of the inventions of Father(can't remember his name). I bet that he managed to somewhat re-create the Seed in his robots, hence when the Tic-Toc died, it began to grow a new building.

The tic-tocs have apparently been around a longer time than the robots and Diego. Nobody knows who made them. I like the idea of the Seed being a tic-toc egg, though. And it fits with the story Ysengrin told of the tic-toc beginning to "root" itself into the landscape near the river, once it was buried.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sniper Party posted:

How delightfully creepy.

Is that one of Gamma's protective ring of army men from her Zimmingham dream?

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

sansuki posted:

You mean Anthony Carver? He is too busy secretly being the Blue fairy.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Cryophage posted:

You mean Anthony Carver? He is too busy secretly being the Blue fairy.

He's referring to Diego, whom the robots call "Father."

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
This is from a while back, I got busy

idonotlikepeas posted:

Something like this?

Yeah, I love it! I was thinking of going with "Nobody creeps out my main babe!" as the text, but if anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Yep, Blue is jealous. And apparently the teacher is also in the ether, since Blue's addressing her in the last panel.

(also Annie and Mort could totally pull off some sweet haunting tricks now, what with her new talent and all)

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Panel five, faces in the background.

That is all.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Blue fairy is a party pooper. :colbert:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Maybe this is why kids like Carver end up working at the Court. They rack up so many detentions that they can never leave.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Kojiro posted:

That is all.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Kojiro posted:

That is all.

Don't forget the googly-eyed wonder that is the background faces of panel four.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Fecha posted:

Apparently there are Langoliers in the ether.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Every time Blue Fairy is mentioned I think of the Blue Fairy from Fables. Hopefully things go better for the Blue Fairy in this story.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Arg there's just too much I like about this whole trip to Foley I can't keep up with it all. The faces, Annie being a weirdo and people actually liking it, everything in the ether being really pretty, and I don't think any of the kids actually know their teacher's name.

edit:

edit2:

Zenzirouj fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Cozz posted:

Reynard can't leave the court, or at least Annie has never given him permission to until after her last encounter with Jeanne. And if the court found out about that, she'd be in some serious hot water.