Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Blue should get an Oscar for that level of acting right there.

e: some avatars I guess

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I guess Annie's encounter with Jeanne is NOT how the ethereal projection thingy usually works, and skewed her perception.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I wonder if we'll find out how Red got her name next.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Nondevor posted:

Hey, you beat me to it. "Oh no! A guuuh face!"

Such a goldmine of avatars this chapter. We can't say it enough Tom, but the way you draw the ether is tops. It's gonna be hard to go back to bore-land after this.

edit: woah snap, did a triple take when I saw my avatar just now. Thanks, mysterious benefactor!

Zenzirouj fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 30, 2012

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Nondevor posted:

Blue should get an Oscar for that level of acting right there.

e: some avatars I guess

I want to purchase that as an avatar, but I don't know what text should go with it. Any ideas?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm just happy to see the word galoot, which I haven't seen since I read Arthur Ransome as a kid.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-leC2weJSU

MOIDALIZED

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Nondevor posted:

I know how to liven things up! A Gol-Shogeg!

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

karmicknight posted:

I want to purchase that as an avatar, but I don't know what text should go with it. Any ideas?

Bah! You beat me to it. That really is an amazing avatar.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I wonder if it turns out that Blue's ether self is dead. Though it's probably going to turn out that it isn't a Gol-Shogeg.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Osmosisch posted:

I know how to liven things up! A Gol-Shogeg!

I can't look at this post with your avatar and not see Coyote saying this.

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN
I don't know why, but after this page I get the strangest feeling that Annie's totally just playing along here. I mean, why would she get so close enough to check Blue's pulse while the evil death-worm's still right there?

I'd say there are shenanigans afoot here...

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Still don't know what to think about what's going on. I almost believe the fairies are just nutso enough to summon a deadly creature to show off, get their ether selves killed, and just laugh about it later.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Alkanos posted:

I don't know why, but after this page I get the strangest feeling that Annie's totally just playing along here. I mean, why would she get so close enough to check Blue's pulse while the evil death-worm's still right there?

I'd say there are shenanigans afoot here...

Yeah, she spent a whole summer in the forest with fairy types, I'm sure she has a handle on how they operate.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Tea-san's new app makes me hope there will be an Android version coming soon, right?

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Fragrag posted:

Tea-san's new app makes me hope there will be an Android version coming soon, right?

Actually, argh.apk is coming to Android 2.2-4.0.3 first, argh.app will come soon after. :eng101:

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Mercury Hat posted:

Yeah, she spent a whole summer in the forest with fairy types, I'm sure she has a handle on how they operate.

Yeah, I'm thinking that if she wasn't just playing the straight man from the beginning, she figured out it sometime around the time of my avatar.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Olivia42 posted:

Still don't know what to think about what's going on. I almost believe the fairies are just nutso enough to summon a deadly creature to show off, get their ether selves killed, and just laugh about it later.

We are talking about people who already got killed once, to go from fairy bodies to human bodies. Maybe fairies don't die the same way humans do, even once they're in human form.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

karmicknight posted:

I think books are pretty cool don't you think books are pretty cool!

Or whatever the swords quote was that Tom put in one of the comics' commentary, I don't have time to go reread the first half of the archives to find it.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Podima posted:

I think books are pretty cool don't you think books are pretty cool!

Or whatever the swords quote was that Tom put in one of the comics' commentary, I don't have time to go reread the first half of the archives to find it.

I think swords are neat do you think swords are neat!!

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Does anyone have an avatar from the first City Face when Zimmy tried to eat the pigeon? I'm looking to change mine and I don't want to use an avatar someone else already has.

And I agree that Annie has already probably caught on to Blues trick. She did live out in the forest with Coyote for a summer. After that much time you'd think she would have gotten very good at spotting a trick.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Spaseman posted:

Does anyone have an avatar from the first City Face when Zimmy tried to eat the pigeon? I'm looking to change mine and I don't want to use an avatar someone else already has.

Something like this works for you?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Geekner posted:

Actually, argh.apk is coming to Android 2.2-4.0.3 first, argh.app will come soon after. :eng101:

Oh wow, I only read "iOS VERSION COMING SOON" :downs:.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It's beautiful, City Face is the best character.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
I went for it and built my own that barely fit in below the limit. And speaking of avatars, are there any other threads where nearly all the posters have avatars from the topic of that thread? Its like Gunnerkrig has so many panels that would make for good avatars, everyone feels compelled to get one (with good reason).

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Spaseman posted:

And speaking of avatars, are there any other threads where nearly all the posters have avatars from the topic of that thread? Its like Gunnerkrig has so many panels that would make for good avatars, everyone feels compelled to get one (with good reason).

The Funny Panels thread occasionally gets carpet-bombed by Hard Hat Spider-Mans, that's all I can think of.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Spaseman posted:

I went for it and built my own that barely fit in below the limit. And speaking of avatars, are there any other threads where nearly all the posters have avatars from the topic of that thread? Its like Gunnerkrig has so many panels that would make for good avatars, everyone feels compelled to get one (with good reason).

MSPA/Homestuck have a lot of avatars, but they're of (intentionally) dubious quality, and they have a bad problem where they look way too alike because of the art 'style'.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Spaseman posted:

Back when it was airing Avatar: The Last Airbender generated a whole slew of avatars but it's been off air so long most people have moved on. I expect that when the new series starts we'll get the same thing though.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Spaseman posted:

It's not exactly what you're asking, but some anonymous My Little Ponies fan or collection of fans spent hundreds of dollars forcing MLP avatars onto TFR posters. It's oddly colorful in there.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Alkanos posted:

I mean, why would she get so close enough to check Blue's pulse while the evil death-worm's still right there?

Would an Ethereal representation of a body even have a pulse?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Wa11y posted:

Yet more proof there's something odd- and likely humorous- going on.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Wa11y posted:

Would Annie know that? The etheric beings we've really seen her interact with much don't even have bodies you could comprehend as such-- Coyote and Ysengrin were more like abstract concepts, and I doubt Jeanne let her check for a pulse between stabs. Presumably she dealt with faries while she was in the forest, but she could be assuming that whatever rules they had there don't apply post-Court induction. If there were any hard rules at all, the forest is a bizarre place.

I think some chicanery is going on, but I don't know that Annie is in on it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly I'm just loving this chapter, it's so silly. Great break in the tension all around!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If ethereal representations have anatomy in general, why wouldn't a pulse be a part of that?

Oh, wait, because it's loving magic. That would be a reason why.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Male Man posted:

It's not exactly what you're asking, but some anonymous My Little Ponies fan or collection of fans spent hundreds of dollars forcing MLP avatars onto TFR posters. It's oddly colorful in there.

Yeah it's an interesting thing that happens sometimes.

For a while every single remotely regular poster in the cigar and pipes thread had my lil' parrotfrog. The entire thread was confusing and there was an adorable parrotfrog line dance going on.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Also if you follow the King of The Hill thread in TVIV the mod that hangs out there will give you a creepy ventriloquist dummy avatar upon request.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

DarklyDreaming posted:

Also if you follow the King of The Hill thread in TVIV the mod that hangs out there will give you a creepy ventriloquist dummy avatar upon request.

What kind of creepy ventriloquist dummy?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

pandaK posted:

What kind of creepy ventriloquist dummy?

One in an American football uniform jacket with a buzzcut and a somewhat haunting smile

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

DarklyDreaming posted:

One in an American football uniform jacket with a buzzcut and a somewhat haunting smile

His name is Chip Block. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
That sounds like Glitterbomber's, though I don't know if he posts here.