Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Isn't it only when they're communicating telepathically? Maybe it's meant to signify that their minds are joined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kesper North posted:

I'm sorry, are we talking about some sort of box that is also a robot? That's terrible.
What about a robot that is also a box?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Bonster posted:

Isn't it only when they're communicating telepathically? Maybe it's meant to signify that their minds are joined.

The boxes square off when it's their thought bubbles (and always get a line joined to their heads), but Zimmy/Gamma have a purple tint to their boxes even when speaking out loud.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Poor Zimmy, literally just sitting there looking at kids having fun and thinking "wow they all must hate me". Literally also me at that age.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

SHISHKABOB posted:

Poor Zimmy, literally just sitting there looking at kids having fun and thinking "wow they all must hate me". Literally also me at that age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTdnIUe9TXM

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
nevermind they're SMILING

HOORAY

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Aaaand we're back to one Annie??

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

madjack posted:

Aaaand we're back to one Annie??

"We're following Dragon Ball rules for clothes."

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

"We're following Dragon Ball rules for clothes."

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Anni is now twice as strong!

On a more serious note. If Zimmy fused them, then that means there's another Anniless timeline out there.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

they were fighting before so presumably the largest Annie simply ate the other Annie

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Will she be called "Annnnie" now?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I really don't like the hairstyle and outfit of this new character.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

No, undo it.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Huh. I kind of hope this is just more Zimmie perception weirdness, I liked the two Annies and don’t think I’d be happy with a resolution where they just fuse into one with no buildup.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

in a comic things where a lot of things have been resolving themselves abruptly without an equivalent struggle lately, this is the most abrupt and struggleless

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Sounds like the thread's split on this most recent development

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Maybe there's still two annies but they can fuse now into super annie, with the strength and agility of two annies

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Scholtz posted:

Sounds like the thread's split on this most recent development

Are you saying we'll have to do a fusion dance to rejoin?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Will she be called "Annnnie" now?

AAnnnnieie

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Well it was Court Annie and Forest Annie. Connie? Fann- wait nevermind

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Scholtz posted:

Well it was Court Annie and Forest Annie. Connie? Fann- wait nevermind
Well Tom is British

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm so sleepy this morning that I genuinely didn't understand what had happened until coming here. Thank you thread.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm so sleepy this morning that I genuinely didn't understand what had happened until coming here. Thank you thread.

Same! I completely missed the clue in the clothing. I wonder which Annie Tony will interpret this as (my hunch is that Tony will still be awkward around double-Annie :smith: )

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Interested to see what the fallout of this will be. Annie does not look happy to have, essentially, lost her sister.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I find myself repeatedly unsatisfied with the way subplots end up getting resolved in this comic.

Edit: Tom spent so much time building up a compelling separate identity and dynamic for the pair of Annies that this feels like self-sabotage.

There Bias Two fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Mar 3, 2021

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I really hope this is still Zimmy land.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Yeah I really don't like this

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I've never had as much of an issue with the resolutions before in the comic as some of you but this is the single worst way this could have been resolved there is literally no drama or stakes to the merge just oh it's happened, and what makes it especially bad is that I had stated to believe that this would be one of the few times a character gets duplicated and stick around...

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
It has been nearly 2 years and four months since Court Annie was introduced. Finally resolving your plot threads, Tom!

(also, it is wild going back and seeing people itt melting down just before that thinking Loup wiped everyone's memories of Annie)

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

It’s three panels can we maybe wait another update or two before flipping our poo poo?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

It has been nearly 2 years and four months since Court Annie was introduced. Finally resolving your plot threads, Tom!

It's not really a satisfying resolution to merge them back together in the middle of a massive argument with no outcome.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

There Bias Two posted:

It's not really a satisfying resolution to merge them back together in the middle of a massive argument with no outcome.

But can we get Red's take on this development?

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Bussamove posted:

It’s three panels can we maybe wait another update or two before flipping our poo poo?

Three panels involving a character and situation that routinely involves playing with our perceptions of characters, and the character's perceptions of themselves and other characters. IF the two Annie situation is resolved like this, I will be very disappointed, but assuming that it is now resolved, when Zimmy is right there, seems premature.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I don't think this is the resolution of the two Annies - "I know something that will help Carver understand herself better" and Zimmy's previous questioning of who would disappear hints to me that this is meant to teach Annie that she would be genuinely disappointed if the other Annie wasn't in her life anymore as an independent being.
Also "it might be nice if they both stuck around" - I don't think Zimmy or Gamma would be in a hurry to blend them.
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2269
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2259

Bonster fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 3, 2021

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

it also seems premature to consider "they fused together and that's that" as the resolution to this and not just springboard for...literally anything.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nope they've fused and the comic is over

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
What if this is actually a third Annie.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

What if this is actually a third Annie.

I want to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cropoval
Feb 17, 2020

Pitch: on the next page, another Annie will appear with the same hair length and a slightly different outfit fusion, and their memories are scrambled enough that they don't know which is which. Cue the two of them realizing that they're fundamentally the same person and their argument about Surma was just them making an internal struggle into an external one. Also Tony gets weird about it.

Bonster posted:

I don't think this is the resolution of the two Annies - "I know something that will help Carver understand herself better" and Zimmy's previous questioning of who would disappear hints to me that this is meant to teach Annie that she would be genuinely disappointed if the other Annie wasn't in her life anymore as an independent being.
Also "it might be nice if they both stuck around" - I don't think Zimmy or Gamma would be in a hurry to blend them.
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2269
https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2259

I like this too.