Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
I think it's working, I'm starting to forget there were ever two Annie at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Anyimony? That's quite the nickname there Jones.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Darth TNT posted:

Anyimony? That's quite the nickname there Jones.
Foreshadowing the upcoming Anja/Annie merge. We're going full akira here

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Y'know from certain angles on this page Idra does resemble a certain girl who also cut her hair a while back, which is a notable event in a girl's life.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Who will Jones pester next? The Shadow Men? The headmaster? Muut? Loup?

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
I can't help but see a parallel between when Annie was complaining about her dad to Loup and Eggs complaining about Tony to Idra.

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1577

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Idra as a physical embodiment of Annie's Id is a fun idea. Idra in the Court, Annie in the Forest. Who would be the Ego and who'd be the Superego then?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
what the heck Tony came back over 6 years ago, huh, what, bweh?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

CJacobs posted:

Idra as a physical embodiment of Annie's Id is a fun idea. Idra in the Court, Annie in the Forest. Who would be the Ego and who'd be the Superego then?

Please give Eglamore at least one healthy romantic relationship. Him accidentally dating Annie's Alter Ego would be even worse than Jones.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lt. Lizard posted:

Please give Eglamore at least one healthy romantic relationship. Him accidentally dating Annie's Alter Ego would be even worse than Jones.

Dude I hope his love life just keeps getting worse until he decides to become celibate, it's the only way to be sure he'll stop being a chump

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Donald is forgetting something crucial about the way Tony handles being confronted directly, methinks.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Hempuli posted:

Donald is forgetting something crucial about the way Tony handles being confronted directly, methinks.

Make sure you bring a big ol' bottle of whiskey with you.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Does he? I think the webcomics established pretty well that talking to Tony alone is basically the best way to get something approaching a normal response from him, as long as he doesn't have some weird hangup with you like he does with Annie. However there is a possibility he does have a weird hangup with Jones, considering what she is and how he thinks about such phenomena. On the other hand, there is also a chance that he doesn't even consider Jones to be a real person and will be super cordial and open with her.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Well Donald, that tactic doesn't seem to go well with his own daughter but he is a very bad father

Jones punch Tony's head off

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Well Donald, that tactic doesn't seem to go well with his own daughter but he is a very bad father

Jones punch Tony's head off

If anything Jones would end up his life partner.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
The comic will now cutaway because the threadEglamore will now spend 3 real time hours screaming at Donald about how he is wrong and all the ways Tony is actually a monster.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Warmachine posted:

If anything Jones would end up his life partner.

I could actually kind of see this

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Has Idra been aged up? I originally thought she was in her 20's but the recent comics make it almost seem like she is the same age as the adults, so about 40's?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Donkringel posted:

Has Idra been aged up? I originally thought she was in her 20's but the recent comics make it almost seem like she is the same age as the adults, so about 40's?

The way Idra is being drawn is very weird, and you are not the only one who feels like her apparent age oscillates between 20's and 40's, depending on the panel and how much detail Tom decides to give to her face (because in her case, "detail" usually means "wrinkles and lines")

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Idra got a severe face beating, remember. Those might be scars.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Lurdiak posted:

Idra got a severe face beating, remember. Those might be scars.

Nah, that's just how elves look. They get hereditary face wrinkles.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Don't forget that this is a "flashback", the chapter started with Jones talking to Annie while her dad hid in a building next to them.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Holy poo poo, he actually opened up to Jones.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
He lost his favourite daughter and the other one as well. :smith:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It feels like I lost a daughter! On the other hand, I did also lose a daughter I hated because I'm a bad father! Woe is me Jones!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I had gotten used to having a control group :(

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Splicer posted:

I had gotten used to having a control group :(

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I have a theory that Jones is actually Annie, through Zimmery.

Don't ask me how that works with what we've seen, but that's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh look, the grief reaction people were complaining about not seeing for the last few weeks!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Podima posted:

Oh look, the grief reaction people were complaining about not seeing for the last few weeks!

Unsurprisingly, it's Tony who is the one who has realized that (at least one) entire person has been lost thanks to this, since he basically always considered them separate people.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Nobody really understood me like Tuvix

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Unsurprisingly, it's Tony who is the one who has realized that (at least one) entire person has been lost thanks to this, since he basically always considered them separate people.

Tony Was Right

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Tony is the only person having a normal human reaction? We're through the looking glass here, people.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Tony's the only member of the Court who remembers basic math.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Warmachine posted:

Tony Was Right

It's honestly really good irony how Right Tony is.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Tony is wrong. He lost two daughters.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

BobTheJanitor posted:

Tony is the only person having a normal human reaction?

this is actually generally how it goes when you think about it

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Bleck posted:

this is actually generally how it goes when you think about it

This sounds like you're suggesting that all of Tony's reactions are 'normal' and 'human'. To which I believe the only proper response is: lol

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

DontMockMySmock posted:

The other person that looked like his daughter came back from the forest and then ate his daughter. It is very traumatizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

DontMockMySmock posted:

He's talking in net values, he lost two daughters and gained a third.