Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Fuego Fish posted:

Semi-actual bismuth? You mean it's all been bismuth as usual?

:v:

Amazing.

Anyone have any idea what that finger bending thing they are doing in the newest page is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Matt, politely put off Paz and make a pass at Kat like we know you want to. She'll shoot you down because you don't have feathers, but go for it dude!

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Anyone have any idea what that finger bending thing they are doing in the newest page is?

You mean you don't know?

Wow. Somebody never got invited to many high school parties. :rolleyes:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
As an ESOL teacher I'm thoroughly impressed by Paz and her dialogue.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Kismet posted:

You mean you don't know?

Wow. Somebody never got invited to many high school parties. :rolleyes:

I never got invited to any high school parties, and it was an all boys school besides. Enlighten me?

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

If you have to ask, you'll never know.

E: You know what, I apologise. That's unhelpful. Here are some tutorials, so we can all enjoy this historic pastime:

Kismet fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 8, 2011

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea what's up with that finger stuff either. Is it an UK thing?

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Osmosisch posted:

No, but winding people up certainly is.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Osmosisch posted:

I had no idea either, I figured it was just a simple and innocent game for kids to get close and hold hands.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

BexGu posted:

I had no idea either, I figured it was just a simple and innocent game for kids to get close and hold hands.

That's my guess. Same idea behind that ninja game kids play at conventions/gatherings.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Winsbury! :(

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Not cool, Winsbury.

Hammer Backspace
Jan 3, 2011

we're gonna throw a world domination slumber party and we're not inviting any boys!!!!
Poor Paz. All her dreams dashed. Winsbury you dick!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I dunno, in a twisted way Winsbury might be trying to help Paz. And Matt. But not Paz and Matt.

Y'know, in the same way you shoot a fatally wounded animal that's going to take way too long to die and just in too much pain.

FredT.E.C.
Dec 28, 2006

I'm the shounen-prophet
Well... She's part demon-fish and I met her in my toilet, so I'm still totally single!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Oh Winsbury, even when you try to help your friends you are a total jerk.

Kat has some interesting facial expressions going on there though. Hrm....

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I'm sure the story is completely innocuous and Winsbury is just yanking Paz's chain like a total jerk.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Or we could get something serious out of left field like him having seen Jeanne and the girl he's been rabbiting on about wasn't because he had a crush but because he was spooked by a scary rear end ghost.

Though personally I'm hoping it will be something silly. I'll lose it if he proceeds to describe Red or the other Suicide Fairy, him having the WORST crush possible. Zimmy or Gamma would also be acceptably awkward and hilarious.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

Or we could get something serious out of left field like him having seen Jeanne and the girl he's been rabbiting on about wasn't because he had a crush but because he was spooked by a scary rear end ghost.

Though personally I'm hoping it will be something silly. I'll lose it if he proceeds to describe Red or the other Suicide Fairy, him having the WORST crush possible. Zimmy or Gamma would also be acceptably awkward and hilarious.

From the look on her face I'm betting it relates to Kat somehow. Maybe it is unrequited, or she's just gonna be hurt by his story as well, but it involves Kat

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

It seems like Matt has been avoiding eye contact with Paz the entire chapter:
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=911
or at least it's been uncomfortable
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=915

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Matt's probaly keen on Paz' twin sister, Pez.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Ka0 posted:

Matt's probaly keen on Paz' twin sister, Pez.

I hope we hear a ghostly tail about Pez lost her head and candy flew out!

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

That would be great, I've been wondering when we'll get to hear Candy's origin story.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

From the look on her face I'm betting it relates to Kat somehow. Maybe it is unrequited, or she's just gonna be hurt by his story as well, but it involves Kat

I figured Kat's uncomfortable because Paz is her friend and nobody likes seeing their friend get rejected. Hella awkward.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
Poor Paz! :ohdear:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
It's Gamma.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=453

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

If so, I think he's got a lot going against him.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Fecha posted:

If so, I think he's got a lot going against him.

Since when does the mind control what the heart desires?

...I mean, non-scientifically.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I interpreted Kat's look as "Poor Paz! :smith:", possibly because that was what I was saying at the time as well.

Incidentally, Tom, digging this chapter so far.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

wyoming posted:

"Bismuth, a trivalent poor metal, resembles arsenic and antimony."

:aaaaa:

Huh, I didn't even think of checking the periodic table, but there it is, bismuth is one level down from antimony. (and I'll let the actual chemists explain why that's interesting)

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

fritz posted:

(and I'll let the actual chemists physicists explain why that's interesting)

blah blah same number of valence electrons blah blah because of quantum blah blah similar bonding behavior blah blah.

The gist of it is that it's called the "periodic" table because it's periodic - going one whole row (i.e. one spot up/down) gets you back to the same thing (well, not exactly, but similar). That was the only criterion Mendeleev used when he invented the thing, and it worked well enough that he could predict the qualities of undiscovered elements, even though he was hundreds of years before the reason behind its periodicity was discovered.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
New page. I think this is the first person of East-Asian descent we've seen so far? The hairstyle is very very Chinese, too. I'm pretty sure I saw it painted on a wall in a museum in Xian.

Now why would she be visiting the Court?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some inconsiderate jerk squashed her house on the moon, I'll bet.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"My first girlfriend turned into the moon."
"That's rough, buddy."

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
And now she has a giant thumbprint on her forehead.

Annie, you jerk.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
If this is another reference to the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter I am going to be cross.

Just because I am really, really getting tired of the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter.

Still, it'll probably move fairly fast so hey.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Whoever rabbit lady is, it was pretty unreasonable of her to be mad at someone after crashing into them!

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Oh hello there book 3! I did not expect to receive you on a Sunday morning, but this is a pleasant surprise.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Cozz posted:

Oh hello there book 3! I did not expect to receive you on a Sunday morning, but this is a pleasant surprise.

Amazon has my copy ready to go but UPS hasn't picked it up yet :saddowns:. Still, it is coming out way earlier than I thought it was going to. :dance:

Zorak posted:

If this is another reference to the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter I am going to be cross.

I'm thinking more along the lines of China's Chang'e. The rabbit fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cozz posted:

Urgh, I had forgotten completely book 3 was going to be out at about this time. Amazon.co.uk is already out of stock, Tom's shop isn't selling vol 3, and I ended up having to buy it from Amazon.com. I hope they are as reliable as the UK one :mad:.