Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I remember it being something along the lines of

"Stupid..."

"That's not a very nice thing to say."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

More to the point, Annie is copying Kat's stuff without permission. Even if it were ok to copy notes from a friend, there's still the matter of whether it'd be ok with Kat if she knew.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I love how you all pretty much mirrored Annie in the last three panels of the comic.

1. Hey, where the hell did that come from, jerk?
2. Oh, wait, he's weak underneath that wood body too. He has no tolerance for himself.
3. :smith:

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

illie posted:

I like that page & Coyote a bunch, so I made some avs if anyone wants them

plain:

smartypants version:

Haha, these are great. I'm gonna snatch up the text-less version, and skip the custom text part. Coyote really speaks for himself. Edit: Dang, that was fast.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Kinda weird how Ysengrim and Coyote abruptly switched roles. Now Coyote is the scary one with an alien mind.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The more GC themed titles the better, I say.
Except yours, Geekner.

Seriously, though, interesting avatars have a way of drumming up a lot of interest in whatever thing they feature, so I'm excited to see more.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Don't forget to pre-order volume three, folks! Link can be found on the comic's front page.

Also, when I preordered mine all the "people who viewed this also looked at this stuff" was full of dragon t-shirts. C'mon guys, what's up with that?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Haha

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 14, 2017

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Waffnuffly posted:

Wait, the only one that didn't get bought was Coyote??? :psyduck:

HOW IN THE HELL

As awesome as Coyote is, that one was the biggest canvas. You can't just buy it on a whim and hang it on any old wall. Something like that takes planning and forethought.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

So many GK avatars! Makes me proud. And it really does work as advertising, sorta. I've had a number* of people contact me on AIM and ask me about Coyote in my custom title.

*That number is one, but still.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Nondevor posted:

But Red doesn't seem too worried.

For sure. I mean, she's died once already, right?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm pretty glad I stayed up for this. My only regret is that I can't share the joy with all my loser friends who went to bed at a reasonable hour.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Wili posted:

My bet is a page about what were Kat and the other doing meanwhile.

They were probably patiently waiting outside the room where the chapter started, wondering what the hell is taking them so long.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Not all avatars need text! Come join us in the cool kid crew with a textless avatar. I think that one'll work fine on its own.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The bones go way off into the sky? I'm getting the feeling that Annie really did try to piggyback her blinker stone on that rocket.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

So some dude can just walk in and solve everyone's problems with the snap of his fingers? Pfeh, what a mary-sue, he can't be real.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

For those who haven't found some other way to keep track of youtube, there are two more author commentary readings of the comic.

Also that stream was uploaded too, glad I get a chance to watch it, sounds like it was a riot.

Also what is it with boats and third wheels? Now I gotta watch that Mr. Show skit again.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

cultureulterior posted:

Countdown to dancing bird avatar...

Gimme a sec.

Edit:

up-town top rank-ing

I wish I had a real image editor and could flip it so Cityface was looking at the posts. Here's the original full-sized if any gif wizards want a crack at it.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 16, 2014

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

This one's level 7 at least.

Happy Halloween

EditVVVV Dammit

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 10, 2014

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Aumanor posted:

Still, the way it works is pretty clearly explained in that vey chapter:
[images]

Please re-host images if you're going to post them, hotlinking eats up the comic's bandwidth without giving Tom any ad revenue and such.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Intergoat for president
(New Gunnerkrigg Commentated, it's chapter 24: Residential)
you're welcome, vegeta

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

MikeJF posted:

I'm starting to wonder if Anthony had no idea that his experiments were even affecting his daughter in Divine. That maybe he was just trying to track Surma's fire spirit.

That's the feeling I'm getting. Tony goes to the psychopomps only to discover that Surma's soul is totally still in the land of the living, just waiting to get collected only whoops sorta belongs to Annie now. His etheric bone scalpels were working fine until some weird half-and-half goth version of his daughter up and punches him in the face.

Hm. Bone scalpels. I wonder if he lost his hand before he tried to do the etheric surgery. Maybe he needed to cut off his hand and use his own bones to even try all that junk. Man, that'd be super sad. That would be just super awful for EVERYBODY involved.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Man, now Robot is going to set up one of THOSE kinds of cult sects. You know, with the self-flagellation and rocks in the shoes and the scratchy robes.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Long Live the New Flesh!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

*Single bound*

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I hope you all are following the twitter featuring everyone's pal Mort for the whole month of October.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Five bucks says that after Jeanne is sorted with, ol' Hotbod Elf's ghost will take up residence on the opposite shore.

The gang's reaction: who cares, it's on their side of the river.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

That's some fine banjo plucking at the end there, Tom. I vaguely recall reading that you picked up a banjo recently. Is that your work? If so, keep it up!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

The jig is up! Cheese it!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Mischalaniouse posted:

Kat producing a tea-filled teapot out of nothing: one-of joke for this panel or manifestation of Kat's god powers as the Creator?

Just leftover phenomena from the Haunted Teapot Caper. Ignore it and it will go away.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Warmachine posted:

Firstly,

Kat created the Vex?!

Secondly, anyone else think Kat is about to become batman?

I hope not, I like Mr. and Mrs. Donlan.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

What's "updog"?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

The dream team together at last

With the addition of Tony, the Smiles Brigade has at last reached full power.

God have mercy on their foes.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Tollymain posted:

where is boxbot

I never saw boxbot among the bunch that got roped into powering the barrier.

we have a rogue agent on our hands

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

THE EYE!

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Aug 28, 2018

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

yabut have you SEEN what otherAnnie does? THE WORST.

Like, almost boxbot bad

Whoa, let's not say things we can't take back.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

By using addition.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Hremsfeld posted:

Fake edit: Terrifying thought of the day: Boxbot as a deity.

This explains everything! Boxbot is terrible! But not in the modern sense. No, Boxbot is terrible like an ancient god.

Old Testament style.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

20 years later, prison-hardened Annie comes after luxury living Annie in a tale of revenge you won't want to miss

Critics rave "It's like Double Jeopardy, except this time the protagonist can't be tried for her crimes because she technically is committing them against herself". Coming this Summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Hodgepodge posted:

If anyone knows where North is at all times, it would be... um.. that guy? You know? That dude who's like a permanent Boy Scout?

I thought we put a moratorium on that gag a while back.

We know who this man is.

He is Jimmy-Jims.