Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Unconventional Oven posted:

Fanart I just finished!

The one eye open / one eye closed plus the curvature of the hair and god gives me a yin/yang feel. Was that intentional?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Kat went to Scotland over break, right?

Who wants to bet Nessie followed her home?

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Lookit this noob

Everyone knows it's metal dorm, water dorm, ice dorm, cave dorm, then lava dorm

Not if you're going for Boxbot Jet

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

MagnoliaPearl posted:

i made some improvements to a recent page, you're welcome!!!

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Laser Cow posted:

Lindsey.

Now I want a :lindsay: emote.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Man, they couldn't bother to install an apostrophe key for the giant crab vocalization device?

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

ChibiSoma posted:

I think I like smartass hippie Annie.

Alright, betting pool's open: What forest-y malarkey did ol' barkfox teach her?

Annie will make Kat fly, which will be just bird-like enough for Kat to develop a crush on herself.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Don't be creepy, Robot.

Can you blame him? Kat was totally undressing that air conditioning unit with her eyes.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

This is like that Sydney Harris cartoon with a big long equation where the middle step is "AND THEN A MIRACLE OCCURS..."

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Matlock Birthmark posted:

:doh: Her being a golem certainly fits really well. Of course, it probably will not be that simple.

Wouldn't Coyote call her Wandering Heart then?

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Pardot posted:

I don't understand why annie bringing up robot slavery now as opposed to the 100 other times they've talked to robots.

Because living in the forest for a summer turned her into a dirty hippie.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Visiting the forest helped Annie learn to control her fire powers, including her :iceburn:s.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Only one reaction panel is appropriate for this page.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

VanSandman posted:

I wonder why Jones is visibly concerned about Shadow 2? Surely she has encountered Robot and Shadow 2 before.

I'm sure Wandering Eye and Jealous Eyes have a lot to talk about.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

How do you do those speed line effects? I have an av I've been meaning to make forever.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Spaseman posted:

And speaking of avatars, are there any other threads where nearly all the posters have avatars from the topic of that thread? Its like Gunnerkrig has so many panels that would make for good avatars, everyone feels compelled to get one (with good reason).

The Funny Panels thread occasionally gets carpet-bombed by Hard Hat Spider-Mans, that's all I can think of.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Oh man. It's not that Red didn't know Blue's name back here.

It's that Blue didn't have one.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Bussamove posted:

Dat Fish Guy.

I move that his name be "Gillbert"

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

It's baby City Face, hiding out in Jones' pocket!

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

One of the biggest mysteries in the comic is still why Surma ended up with Anthony instead of Eglamore, and what exactly happened, because Eglamore clearly isn't over her, they must have dated for years.

There's also the indications that Eglamore and Jones have some history, and that Surma doesn't like Jones. It may be as simple as Eglamore cheating on Surma with Jones, although everything simple in GC has something complex draped over it.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Perestroika posted:

Though I wonder if the head-pigeon is a thing Zimmy can always see or if it' somehow triggered by the circumstances.

Zimmy knows just what to say to strike Kat's insecurities the first time they meet back in Chapter 4 ("big nose!"). You could just write this off as Kat being particularly sensitive (she cries when she reads Batman after all) but it's also possible that part of Zimmy's telepathy is the ability to see people's mental weak points.

In fact, when she tells Gamma that everyone thinks she's ugly, she's probably reading Gamma's insecurities so she knows exactly what to say to keep Gamma from abandoning her.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Bitchtits McGee posted:

The fact that Zimmy had to be practically dragged bodily to Annie's side suggests to me that she's actually responsible for her condition somehow or other.

But there aren't any spiders!

I'm wondering if the magicoma is an unintended side-effect of this. Perhaps now she can wander farther than her body can take?

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Wet Copper Armour posted:

So the mask represents Annie repressing her emotions. When she was at the fruit tree with Kat was really the first time we saw her really express her feelings. When she went to the forest she also stopped repressing her emotions, she'd just blown up at Reynard, then she continued letting out her emotions when she stayed in the forest. Why Jones gave her the mask I'm not sure. Maybe her time with Jones has helped her recognise that when she has her emotional mask on she's more like Jones the (not a) robot than she is like normal people. Or something.

Doubt it that's complicated. Jones is the stand-in for emotional control because she's the most under control person Annie knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

More than Anthony?

I don't think she sees her father as emotionally controlled so much as emotionally distant, and even then only from her. A big part of her world-view is how he invested himself in her mother, even if it led to him shunning her when she died.