Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Eyebrows launched! Escape velocity in T-Minus 3... 2... 1...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

Today's comic is brought to you by: eyebrows.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

I love the little details I don't notice in the first read-through.

Ex: Sacred Ground. The white sign above the door in panel 6 is the symbol for Ground in electronics.

e: I just read the comment for that page. I am the stupid readers.

zeekner fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 19, 2010

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

She would make one serious (robot) villain. :sbahj:

I'm not even going to try and speculate about this turn of events.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Boxman posted:

Has this Chekov's Gun been fired yet? Feels like it provides a more-or-less auto out for any hairy situation.

She wouldn't want to use it now, he was in on the secret too. It might come up as a last resort if she runs into trouble.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Poor Anne.

If Jones wasn't a robot she'd be pretty sad right now.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

illie posted:

I'm glad someone liked 'em. :)

(terrible)

Indeed, terrible.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Kismet posted:

Looks like Tom's taken down the Formspring page. Was this recent, or is it for the duration of the chapter break, or did I just miss when it happened?

It was a while ago, I think he got sick of the really dumb questions and baseless speculation.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

I love the city face comments:

quote:

i did i really did i saw you!
A_caudatus, 08.02.2011, 12:56am

you you you you did???
SuperCyan, 08.02.2011, 12:56am

i did yes i did see you!!!!!
A_caudatus, 08.02.2011, 12:57am

you did??
SuperCyan, 08.02.2011, 12:57am

yes!
A_caudatus, 08.02.2011, 12:57am

oh! oh wow!
SuperCyan, 08.02.2011, 12:57am

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH
Magpie55, 08.02.2011, 1:29am

e: hah, didn't catch "SuperCyan" at first.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

No, you are terrible.

No, YOU are terrible.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Casull posted:

Is the second-to-last panel an approximation of Lindsey laughing using her claw?

The small details like that are why I like this comic.

I think it was more of a nervous twitch, when she realized what she said.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

This thread needs more Fluff-maxes.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Do robots dream of electric sheep.. oh, nooo... :ohdear:

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

The saddest update.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

We should have a rule against linking to pages more than a chapter ago. No, I didn't need that hour, nope. Also, a rule against fun. No fun here.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Fried Chicken posted:

From the look on her face I'm betting it relates to Kat somehow. Maybe it is unrequited, or she's just gonna be hurt by his story as well, but it involves Kat

I figured Kat's uncomfortable because Paz is her friend and nobody likes seeing their friend get rejected. Hella awkward.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Zorak posted:

If this is another reference to the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter I am going to be cross.

Just because I am really, really getting tired of the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter.

Still, it'll probably move fairly fast so hey.

Welp. Blame Annie, she's the one that just had to get all scientific and poke things.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

ANNIE'S PARENTS ARE DEAD! :nolan:

I'm pretty sure Jack knows that, he did all that computer hacking and read her file.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Zorak posted:

The symbolism is that Zimmy is a Velociraptor. God, do you even read the comic??

Zimmy is going to meet Jack's parents. If his parents are Velociraptors, and his dad is a scientific researcher... Dr. Dinosaur!?

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

1stGear posted:

EDIT: Have to say I don't really like Annie's face in the last panel. It seems like it shifts into a completely different art style. Panel 3 is totally awesome though.

Seems like a normal side-profile shot. I don't think tom's used them very often though, and they're supposed look a bit different then the usual 3/4th or whatever.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

I'm just glad nobody went for the far too obvious Eglamore joke.

I wonder if we'll actually see the real story behind these two.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

I think it's implied in this strip.

e. vvvvv yup

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Yes, it's the closest he'll get to filler. Well, that and the vacation letters he did during the first year summer break.

Far better than the usual random sketch or mixed-bag of guest work most comics use.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Tollymain posted:

Or Boxbot. But nobody wants to talk about Boxbot :commissar:

It is lonely at the top.

I give 2:1 odds next page we get bud saying "Get to sleep, annie". No foolin that psychic crab. :colbert:

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

thousandcranes posted:

Is the RSS feed not updating for anyone else?

I use Google Reader and it's been delayed over a day recently. Usually the RSS picks it up a few hours after the actual comic goes up.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Nobody thinks shes gay, she's just overreacting. Teenagers do that kind of thing.

Also, would kill to have that canvas. I guess he's selling some of them at his next con? Too bad it's several thousand miles away from here.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Jeeze, Parley, between you and ms. Steelface there just ain't no respect for swordfighting tradition.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Penguissimo posted:

The sudden reversal of their positions and the "Bip" weren't enough?

Telefragging is when someone teleports inside someone, killing them instantly. He's wondering if she materialized with the sword inside robot (I sure hope not).

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Seriously, throw your next canvas on ebay and link it here. You'll make double what you did at the con.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

I'm sensing a new ColdSteel™ tie-in product, coming soon!

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Ironic Twist posted:

"continued kissing and also smooching"

May I just say that this comic has some of the best sound effects.

Everybody get down and do the Gompa Stomp! :dance:

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Insane Totoro posted:

There needs to be a "random Gunnerkrigg page" button so that I can waste more time at work.

Feel free to hate me.
Create a bookmark, replace the url with this:
code:
javascript:window.location="http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID="+Math.ceil(Math.random()*983)
Or if that doesn't work, try this:
code:
javascript:window.location%3D%22http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=%22+Math.ceil(Math.random()*983)

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Insane Totoro posted:

Whew! Doesn't work in Chrome!

Odd, I wrote it in chrome. Did you create a bookmark and paste it in? Sometimes the "java script:" bit gets cut off when pasting.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Firstscion posted:

There is not enough Boxbot for my liking.

Yea, this thread is insufficiently terrible.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Fragrag posted:

Tea-san's new app makes me hope there will be an Android version coming soon, right?

Actually, argh.apk is coming to Android 2.2-4.0.3 first, argh.app will come soon after. :eng101:

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Fecha posted:

Oh gosh this is so overwhelming. I have an excuse for my terrible posting, but such a huge stigma to overcome...

Welcome, Brotheeerrr...

Man, I hope blue doesn't get the complete snub. Red can be such a jerk sometimes.

zeekner fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 8, 2012

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Ironic Twist posted:

While we're on the subject, it still seems weird to me that the response to her fleeing the Court and putting everyone there in danger was basically "unlimited detentions".

It'd be hilarious if that was their bureaucratic answer to everything.

Setting fire to a teacher? Detention.
Trapping someone in a hellish dimension with spider monsters and faceless people? Detention.
Exposing an old school secret where someone was sacrificed and turned into a hate-filled ghost? Saturday detention.

Well, the only escalation from there is suspension and expulsion. I doubt they really want to kick her out, she's probably considered too valuable just for being a potential medium (and unwitting spy on Coyote). I imagine they are bending quite a few rules for her, it's just not as obvious.

Tom's writing is pretty good about that. No real school administrator would tell a trouble student they are going soft on them, it'll just encourage that behavior.

zeekner fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 26, 2012

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Olivia42 posted:

I know it's kind of a faux pas to compare Gunnerkrigg Court to Harry Potter, but that's really the same absurd conclusion. No matter what terrible things you've done, if the faculty doesn't want to expel you for some plot related reason of you being intrinsically important, you can do pretty much whatever you want and expect nothing more than a detention. It makes for lots of fun times.

I was going to make a comparison, but it's not that apt. Harry Potter gets away with his shenanigans with the full support of the headmaster and very few consequences. Gunnerkrigg feels more realistic, with the administration unhappy about the situation but unable to really do anything about it.

This alone should tell you how strict they are. Getting in trouble after surviving that fall is pretty lousy, regardless of the fact she shouldn't have been there.

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Goddamn, that fisheye effect really conveys the emotion here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeekner
Jul 14, 2007

Tollymain posted:

So there is a webcomic poll going around, and I thought I'd participate. When I looked at the results afterwards, I found that Gunnerkrigg is currently trailing behind Looking For Group and Goblins. This just won't do.

Gunnerkrigg Court (10%, 781 Votes)
Looking For Group (10%, 777 Votes)

Much better.

Looks like MSPA overtook XKCD's rabid fanbase.