Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
I just realised this whole chapter wouldn't have been possible if not for Smitty. He didn't only toss the stone, but his presence brought Parley into the act. Because of her Antimony managed to escape from Jeanne. He also got the chick at the end. The guy is a walking Deus Ex Machina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
No Jack, you were supposed to be Kat's love interest!

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Yep, we're headed for a breakdown. Though considering what she has gone through it's about time.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Never I'd be so :3: at the image of a young girl in the forbidden dark forest and being picked up by the big bad wolf.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
I can't be the only one who gets chills from Anthony's facial expression. It even gives me Stendhal syndrome or something nearing to it.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Brannock posted:

That's kind of weird, dude.

Never go to a fine arts museum with me then :D Stendhal syndrome might be overdoing it, but that was the closest thing I could find that could describe it adequately

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Let's see... It's got the basic body of a crab, the beak of an octopus, dots reminiscent of the spider's eyes and a carapace similar to a Rhinoceros beetle. In other words, a really loving scary animal.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Is that a typo in the last panel or does manmate mean something and oh god I shouldn't have googled that.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Well call me Clint, I didn't see that at all.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
If there's any time for Boxbot to come back to the story, now would be the time.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
I wonder how Annie is going to back to her body now. Also, this thread is seriously starting to wrinkle my brain.

EDIT:
If it's Tom, please stop, I don't want to take your meager earnings. :(
And BSS does have its own Avatar Maecenas. Just check out the Funny Panels thread

Fragrag fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jan 13, 2012

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Perestroika posted:

This looks like fun! Here are a few I made from chapter 17:

This one is awesome, easily one of my most favourite moments in Gunnerkrigg. Another great avatar would be Mort greeting George Parley in the last panel from the same page

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Avatar talk aside, I just noticed the really fine sentence right next Jeanne's head in the "second" panel during their fight. This chapter also boasts the best eyebrows ever.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Tea-san's new app makes me hope there will be an Android version coming soon, right?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Geekner posted:

Actually, argh.apk is coming to Android 2.2-4.0.3 first, argh.app will come soon after. :eng101:

Oh wow, I only read "iOS VERSION COMING SOON" :downs:.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Nondevor posted:

From what Donald says in the last panel, I hope there's at least a little flashback sequence about the two of them. Always a good chance for character development.

Possible, the colour shift in the last panel is similar to the flashback chapters. Not to mention that going through a door is a common motif to enter a different setting in stories.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Looks like Brinnie had some matters to attend to as well. :v:
It looks like they're quite older in this chapter than in the first flashback chapter.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
This is going to be sweet tender chapter, isn't it? Also, wasn't the gardener the guy from chapter 24? AKA Bob of Young's Park?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Actually, they go from being long sleeves to short. So, they did get torn, but they stopped cleanly for some reason.

This still makes things even more strange, of course.

We might transition to another emotional event where this time Annie had a short sleeved shirt.

Tollymain posted:

:ohdear:

It looks as though Things are about to occur.

I think we're digging deeper into the rabbit hole

Mazerunner posted:

Annie looks like Popeye in the first panel.

And the last looks like... something but that is probably just me being terrible.

It's you being terrible.

Sorry for the quick posts but just trying our forum's newest updates!

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Open your wallets guys and get ready to donate soon. Tom is working on another wallpaper and this one looks marvelous so far

http://gunnerkrigg.tumblr.com/post/24965685648/amongst-other-things-i-started-working-on-a-new#notes

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Kickstarter's going UK in three weeks. Let's all bug Tom until he gives in and lets people shower him with him money for something!

But what would he kickstart?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

I'm certain that next week we will either discover or begin to discover the origins of Elizabeth Langdon, or we won't.

I don't think it's important. It's been established how she moves on by taking the names of people close to her, and this page shows the trouble of being immortal.

Of course, judging by Tom's comment, it might be possible that she originally started as Elizabeth Langdon.

My guess, she was a rich lady made a Faustian deal with somebody to become immortal. In doing so, she gave up her soul and didn't understand the perils of immortality. Because writers love Faustian deals.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Calling she's actually Pygmalion's statue come to life.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Azran posted:

My sister has been reading this for the first time, and I've been able to answer every question she has asked me so far with a "They'll explain that later. Keep that in mind." This comic is awesome.

Also, we both agreed that this page is just too heartwarming. :3:

That chapter has the Laser Cows in them, which we all can agree are the best

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Maldraedior posted:

drat, avatar fairy went way back to hit me

I don't know what it means but I've pretty much survived every Avatar Fairy invasion in this thread somehow.

EDIT: Oh wow, I check this thread pretty much daily but I only realise now that I'm mainly a lurker. My last post, aside those today, are from October.

Fragrag fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 5, 2013

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Zemyla posted:

Wait, they have laser eyes! They could have just laser-eyed everyone and had done with it all? :ohdear:

I want laser eyes too.

First laser cows, now the Seraphs. I wonder what other robots have laser eyes

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Hey, no one told me they were invited.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Perestroika posted:

Dammit Tom, quit being such a tease! :arghfist::v:

Next page: "Now, the name of the new medium, who I am about to announce, whose name you are about to hear, who will from now on be the ambassador between Forest and Court, is..." *Page End*

Tom's note:
I've been rewatching a lot of Dragon Ball Z

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Oh man, Smitty is totally not fine with this situation. So does this mean that the court won't allow Annie to go to the Forest anymore?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Laser Cow posted:

It's from laser cow.

It says I choo-choose you. And there is a picture of a train.

code:
                                             ______
                                          .-"""".._'.       _,##
                                   _..__ |.-"""-.|  |   _,##'`-._
                                  (_____)||_____||  |_,##'`-._,##'`
                                  _|   |.;-""-.  |  |#'`-._,##'`
                               _.;_ `--' `\    \ |.'`\._,##'`
                              /.-.\ `\     |.-";.`_, |##'`
                              |\__/   | _..;__  |'-' /
                              '.____.'_.-`)\--' /'-'`
                               //||\\(_.-'_,'-'`
                             (`-...-')_,##'`
                          _,##`-..,-;##`
                       _,##'`-._,##'`
                    _,##'`-._,##'`
                      `-._,##'`

A girl-robot cow romance? How progressive of Tom!

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

That has to be one of my most favourite chapters ever. It's got a wonderful story telling motif, magnificent drawing and it's so much fun imagining Bill Bailey voicing Bud.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Olivia42 posted:

I just wrote way too many words about hair.

Thank you for reading this chapter writing a large post about girls getting haircuts.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Puella Magissima posted:

Clop clop? What kind of sound effect is that for a fairy?

It looks like she's wearing wedges. Of course that still doesn't explain everything

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

@gunnerkrigg at 3:02PM posted:

Looks like there are some more copies of Annie In The Forest available at Topatoco! http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=GK-AITFP1&Category_Code=GK

@gunnerkrigg at 3:40PM posted:

Okay! It's sold out again. But stay tuned, because I'm getting a full reprint run made right now.

That was pretty quick.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Don't worry, they consulted an expert.

Their expert on flirting and courtship might not have been the wisest choice though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvh32fQ8nNI

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Will she be called "Annnnie" now?

AAnnnnieie

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007

Rumda posted:

Eurghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Well Annie does quickly glance at JerrekLoup before closing her eyes so that might hint at something?

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
Interesting Zimmy and Gamma are on the Forest side of the panel, opposite Jeanne(?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
City Face transcends the Court and Forest. City Face was, is and always will be City Face.