Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
So thanks to Zorak's wild abuse of mod powers in the Homestuck thread I finally read through this comic and drat is it good! I'm really enjoying the characters and setting and pretty much everything that isn't the fact that I am now out of archives to read and have to read it like a normal person now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

FewtureMD posted:

I discovered this comic when Zorak talked about it in the MSPA thread. I thought " oh why not" and clicked the link. 10 hours later, after shotgunning the entire archives, I sent everyone I thought would be remotely interested to this page: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=611. I love me some laser cows.

Same here, I was craving more epic narratives ala homestuck, thank goodness for Zorak's questionable use of modding powers in the homestuck thread!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Agreed, Coyote is hilarious. I'm impressed with how well the author has mixed multiple different mythologies into one coherent narrative.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Poor Kat, you fall in love with one bird and everyone just assumes you are into chicks from there on out.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Oh, wow, good catch.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Annie makes bad decisions.

There's pretty much no way this can't turn out badly.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

This is so obviously going to result in disaster that I feel like it might just end up going really well just to play with our expectations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I think he's playing it Joss Whedon style. Lull us into a false sense of security and then the moment we start really liking the characters and not thinking anything could happen to them he kills off Kat.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

This comic is going to dark places.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Wow I can't believe I never noticed that before, I almost always play Annie in LoL. That's creepy.

To be fair the LoL annie is like 9 years old where as Antimony is 17 or so by this point right?

Edit: Tom you should draw more pages with Coyote in them so I can join the Cool Kids Coyote club.

Talorat fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 11, 2012

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Nettle Soup posted:

If no one has taken this one yet I think I will. Anyone got a good idea for title text?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Tuxedo Ted posted:

So many GK avatars! Makes me proud. And it really does work as advertising, sorta. I've had a number* of people contact me on AIM and ask me about Coyote in my custom title.

*That number is one, but still.

dumb brunette and I had a number of people in the Homestuck thread asking about ours, so I would have to say it does seem to work.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Kismet posted:

Well, Jeanne looked pretty kickin' in the ether.

Goddamn it what have we told you about linking pages, there goes my homework time.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Gee I wonder if this too will go horribly wrong.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Oh, wow, I just got caught up and I definitely didn't see that coming.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hammer Backspace posted:

What I'm trying to say here is Coyote is the best.
No argument here.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

It's pages like these that make me remember why this is such a brilliantly well done comic. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this chapter.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

It is down for me as well.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Poor Annie, reduced to nothing but a transmission vector.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Wow congrats Tom! Keep up the good work! The latest pages have been pure gold.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Aw look Tom prettied himself up for that banner.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

idonotlikepeas posted:

She could always adopt!

This really seems like the obvious solution.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Tea-san posted:

Tea-San laying down the loving law.
And that is why you are my favorite web comic author. I mean drat.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I'm just getting the spinning loading wheel again.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Didn't Andrew Hussie specifically tell his fans to not vote for him? These guys are all betraying the orders of the great Huss!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I think my initial interest in Gunnerkrigg came when I saw an avatar with "What is the saddest thing? She died and we did nothing." Which is pretty powerful and therefore attention grabby I think.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Ironic Twist posted:

Can I just say how great it is that Tom is a huge Achewood fan.

Because it's such a wonderful contrast to the technicolor fantasyland aesthetic of GKC when you get page comments like "This ain't some doctored up Estes Comanche with a D engine" and extra Tumblr art like this.

I laugh every time I see this linked. No exceptions .

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Huh, she pulled off the would like it was just something painted on. I wonder if wounds in the ether are more metaphors or images than anything real.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Good job everyone who called Kat trying to act like a not lesbian.

Also Zimmy this isn't the time or the place.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

So I guess Zimmy actually is learning how to control her powers after all. Interesting.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I'm wondering if maybe Annie did send her blinker stone up with the rocket after all.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Tom, seriously, I will pay you unreasonable amounts of money for one of those prints. Just put it on ebay, come on man.

Fake edit: Has anyone noticed that Tom gets the gently caress out of this thread whenever we start talking heavy speculation? I think he can't resist the urge to let us know what's going on so he steers clear for a few weeks until the chapter ends.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

The large spikes look like spears aimed directly at Annie's heart. I suspect an outsider with nefarious intent.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Holy gently caress. This chapter has me so confused.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

The confusion, it never ends.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Okay Im pumped. Monday can't come soon enough.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Goddamn it Tom.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Man do you think Tom is actually gonna kill off Ysengin? Has he even killed off a character so far in the story?

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Damnit you made me do that thing where you read one archive comic and then read through the whole thing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Aw man I was going to come here and make a clever post about how ChibiSoma was going to freak out but he beat me to it.