Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

Fecha posted:

If y'all are reading through page 1, wondering whether you should give this comic a try: stop before you spoil yourself on something. It's really great! Read it all and talk about it with us.

Jeanne is waiting for someone, or something. The only option I can think of is the hunky green elf. Which begs the question, what happened to him? Also, wasn't Jeanne on the forest side of the waters when Annie first encountered her?

Jeanne starts out on the opposite bank from Annie and the fairies (Court Side?) and Muut says she cannot cross. Surprise, she can!

I think that she probably should not be able to cross, based on what Muut says.

Relevant section starts here: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=135

thousandcranes fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

I don't really think Renard is out of line here much. When people like you and your mom and you have an absentee father, people are going to hate him. It doesn't matter that people loved Surma as well. Just looking at it from a completely generic angle, people hate absentee fathers. They'll complain about them in front of everyone. Sometimes to blow off steam, sometimes because they feel like it will help the kid deal with this if they know how thoroughly a piece of poo poo absentee dad is. It's pretty much just human that basically everyone hates her dad, especially someone who has as deep a relationship with her and her mom as Renard.

I hope this doesn't ruin their friendship :ohdear:

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

I don't really think we need to look at motivations or second hand opinions to decide a character who ditches his 12 year old daughter without any warning in the aftermath of her mother's death is a total rear end.

Say he's got the best excuse in the god drat world. He could at least have given her a heads up so that she wouldn't be trying to contact him through his former place of employment or childhood friends.

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

It's because of the obvious parallel between the moon and menstruation. Also you can see a rabbit in the moon.

(The latter bit as explained in your third link?)

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

Is the RSS feed not updating for anyone else?

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

Bobulus posted:

Updated this for myself.

...I should probably prune it a little.

This is true for me too. Though I will never prune!

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

I was linked to the first page of chapter 13 and read forward from there, ending up somewhere in chapter 15. Then I went back and read from the beginning. I'm not sure what year that was.

Chapter 13 remains in my top 5 favorite stories from GC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thousandcranes
Sep 25, 2007

Aceofblue posted:

I really really hope there's a fairy out there named something affectionately weird, like Bubbles or Sherlock or something. You know, stuff that you might call a stranger in your head. Alternatively, I hope that nobody got named something mean - I used to think of these strange old women on the bus I used to ride as "Denim Lady" and "Poodle Hair," and I wouldn't wish those on any fairies.

We all did this to the regulars when I was a lifeguard. Frantic Mom and Nipple-man, I will never forget you.