Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Well, "She died, and we did nothing" makes a lot more sense. She probably starved to death down there or died of heartbreak, giving Diago plenty of time to you know, actually do something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Benagain posted:

And it's a little bit her fault too, because she made him stay in a form where he doesn't appear to have the emotional maturity or wisdom to deal with that. Which lead to him escalating, which I can't see him doing in his wolf form.

Doesn't absolve him of it but yeah, everyone's being a dick.
He wasn't trying to change into his wolf form, he was trying to pop back into an inert stuffed animal to end the conversation.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

Coyote's bodyparts regrow immediately when removed (see his tooth), so it would not be inconsistent. I guess we'll have to wait for Monday to see more, but I like this a lot, because it makes sense a lot of sense with the earlier 'cover art', and Jones' interest in Jeanne.
Coyote replaced his tooth with a rock.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
No the sword is always a tooth. The tooth is always a rock. Its not complicated. :pseudo:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Having read Tom and Hussie's formspring, I can see why tom would want to dump it. The two guys take drastically different approaches to answering questions. Hussie's answers are full of hilarity and sarcasm and almost an update to the comic in themselves, Tom seems to just one word answers and it kinda seems like he sees it as a pain in the rear end.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Tea-san posted:

Who's got time for hilarity when I have to answer whether or not Annie's hair colour is significant to the plot four thousand times?
I think the key is to ignore most of the questions and not take the other 5% seriously. :v:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I really like how the forest is encroaching onto Antimony and how Antimony's hair is encroaching in the same way onto Kat.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes I like to think the comic is just a medium to enable Tom's update comments.

We all know what the real star of the story is.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Seriously dude, you're like a comic machine, I can't think of many other comics that look so consistently good and also update like clockwork. You haven't missed an update in like... well ever.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your day job, anyway?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me misremembering or do many chapters seem to inevitably start on fridays?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I assumed that the tracking is less used to red flag egregious movement violations then to come up as proof when something bad happens so the court can cover its rear end.

"Well little Jimmy did break his arm yesterday, but as you can clearly see by this log he was in an unauthorized area at the time, without permission, and clearly the court can't be held liable for such breaches of conduct."

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Oneiros posted:

Also, is it just me or is Annie actually reaching out to touch someone else (other than Kat) something of a new thing?
You might say that ever since Annie got more in touch with her fiery ancestry, she's become a little less frigid.

:v:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

DaveWoo posted:

I can buy Annie holding a grudge, but deciding to get revenge on Jack by leading him on... I dunno, it just feels a bit "off" to me.
Well you are presumably not a 14 year old girl. I think it could have been a little clearer leading up to this point though. I am also dense as a rock though.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Tom put another fanart up on his tumbler. It's Esther from Scary Go Round! I love those boots.

http://gunnerkrigg.tumblr.com/post/10488794424/i-drew-john-allisons-esther-de-groot-from-scary

She'd fit right in, I think. :v:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I really like the not-so-subtle change Tom did when drawing Janet. Aside from, you know, drawing her as a tarted up racing girl, the way he did her jawline and hair makes her look older to reflect Winsbury's absurd story.

Much like how Annie and everyone else's faces have been getting less round and childlike over time.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Ironic Twist posted:

Transplanted from the webcomic thread:

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for City Face?

Not that it's bad, there's just really not that much to it. Plus Tom used to do guest strips in between books and I'd love to see other webcomic artists like Der-Shing Helmer and John Allison and SuperHappy put their own interpretation and style on the characters.

Plus Tom needs an actual god damned break.
You know he'd just use the break to do even more comics.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Man you guys, I started reading Gunnerkrigg sometime around Chapter 3 or 4 when a friend of mine linked me to it not too long after it started.

That was like, mid 2005. :psyduck: Jesus christ.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Dodgeball posted:

Was it "Mary Sue?"
If it was TV tropes is even more terrible then I've previously assumed.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

I have nothing but unending envy for whoever buys that City Face canvas.

These are also cool, I love Tom's tumblr and I think he is underestimating how much people would be willing to pay for these. I bet if he put some of those paintings on amazon instead of selling them at the con they would do ridiculously well. Like several hundred dollars well.

100 HOGS AGREE fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 16, 2011

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I'm going to this con and have a lot of empty wall space in my new flat so don't tell him that.
If you buy that City Face painting I will buy it from you for the price + shipping + like a twenty for your trouble. I am absolutely serious about this.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Tom sold all of his paintings save one in a matter of hours, surprising absolutely nobody.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

Nobody bought the Zimmy one? How surprising :v:
His tumblr said it was a tall Coyote one.

https://twitter.com/#!/gunnerkrigg/status/137897510403444737

For reference, he posted that this was what the table looked like when he started. I especially like the City Face price signs. :v:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Jeanne doesn't protect the court so much as kill anyone who goes down into the crevice indiscriminately.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Olivia42 posted:

I was almost kind of hoping this would end up with Robot getting yet another body, but Shadow's new look more than makes up for it. Does this mean Shadow can move around independently in the light now, since he can cast a shadow himself?
Maybe that's why he's wearing clothes, because he still needs to be shadowed over the majority of his body.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
More watercolors on Tom's tumblr (why aren't you already subscribed to his tumblr what is wrong with you)

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

What... the... gently caress... is that Reynardine?
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=229

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Willheim Wordsworth posted:

No need to make this comic the next MSPA or MLP.
It's not the avatars man, it's the people posting with them.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Please make some City Face avatars. He is the best.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Oh man fish guy is never gonna get a lady with that melon.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Revolver Bunker posted:

Well, that was easy. Wasn't expecting Annie's next step into being a floaty spirit to be so easily obtained. Here's hoping that she'll be able to get back in.
I feel like Tom's been implying that Annie's spirit, when doing medium stuff, has been tethered not to her body but to the blinker stone, since she's been using it as a focus.

So I don't really foresee her having difficulty getting back into her body as being a plot point. She's just getting off the training wheels for the first time.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I changed mine too!

Everything is super great forever!

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Zorak posted:

A FIRE ELEMENTAL KILLED MY FAIRYDOG
Oh noooooo!!

Maybe Surma accidentally burned down part of the forest one time when she was but a wee lass. :(

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I made my own if you wanna put it in there.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Wahad posted:

Given Red's reaction, I doubt the monster will be as dangerous as it seems. I think it'll be a Lindsey type deal, except rather than being a mom-like personality the worm will probably just be a big jerk.
I'm going to guess she's not going to actually summon some kind of horror. It'll probably be some kind of Mortesce illusion.

Speaking of Mort, have we ever seen him while Annie was in the spirit whatever?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It's beautiful, City Face is the best character.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think that's too complicated. I think Annie is playing along, and the others are kinda :downs:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Phew!

Gunnerkrigg really is one of the best comics ever, it's the little things, like Red's face in those two panels. Identical but two separate drawings, there's no lazing around in this comic.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Kgummy posted:

Could someone enlighten me as to what the argh app thing actually does? Just display 'argh'? I feel like I'm missing something here.
That's it. It is a joke.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Lord of Laughton posted:

What is that object above Jones' head in the fourth panel? I remember seeing symbols/objects like that before, like when Annie was on her way to meet the forest people with Ysengrin before she stayed there the summer. Probably in some other instances too.
The first thing I thought is it is some sort of etheric string and Jones is being controlled remotely, like a puppet.

This is probably not what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

rotinaj posted:

I like how Tea-san can't even step foot in this thread right now. He'd either have to say absolutely nothing about the story to avoid spoiling where this is going next, or use the most featherlight touch imaginable.

Top marks, Tea-san. :golfclap:
It has to be a pain sometimes to know what the next month of comics are and not accidentally reveal anything to your fans.