Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Gunnerkrigg Court -- in this comic, everyone is a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

rotinaj posted:

I am going with "Coyote knows, and the next panel will be him somberly saying 'I know.'"

"...and so did you."

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

The 19th Person posted:

Oh, it makes perfect sense and is in character, and she hasn't really accepted the offer yet. That being said, it's fun to me to re-interpret characters as horribly as possible.

Plus, given that apparently everyone she knows has known this and not told her, she may well suspect Kat of being in on :tinfoil: the conspiracy :tinfoil:, even if she hasn't consciously thought of that.

(Also, why do people always hide Dark Secrets like this? They always come out, and they always do more damage that way...)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Benagain posted:

Hey, 13 year old girl. Your great-great-great-great grandma was a fire elemental! Cool huh? Oh also you're directly responsible for your mother's death. Not saying it's your fault or anything! Just, y'know, wanted you to know.

I'm not saying it wouldn't take some tact. For that matter, I can understand why people hide things like that in real life. It's just that, well, if they'd told her when she was younger, she'd be kind of bitter now... but she wouldn't be jumping into Coyote's arms as the only one she can trust.

Plus, it's one of those things that pops up in fiction a bunch that really gets on my nerves, because it always, always goes horribly wrong. It is never ever the case that having a secret revealed doesn't lead to someone doing something rash that makes the situation worse than if they'd known the truth from the beginning. (Bonus points if, before the reveal, they do something else to make the situation worse because they don't know!)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

JackGeneric posted:

I'm not sure exactly what is going on with these last few posts,

The Ur-Quan Masters command you to become educated.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Oneironaut posted:

Kinda tempted to make that a new avatar.

How's that?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Kismet posted:

You mean you don't know?

Wow. Somebody never got invited to many high school parties. :rolleyes:

I never got invited to any high school parties, and it was an all boys school besides. Enlighten me?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Kuros posted:

I hope he hasn't gotten a bunch of them. Just because he has the option to have LGBT relationships in his comic doesn't mean he's obligated to have them.

Plus, one can be shocked by someone thinking you're homosexual without thinking there's anything wrong with being homosexual. I mean, if someone told me they thought I was gay, I'd be confused. (Frankly, I'd be surprised if they thought I had any active sex life, but hey.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Milli posted:

Also Jack, you will never have a chance in hell with Annie now, probably not even as friends. Way to go, bro.

I dunno, he may be telling her something she needs to hear. Or he may just be loving with her. Too early to know one way or the other.

Incidentally, it may not happen this chapter, but I do hope we get more on the whole 'yeah, you're a phoenix, your mother died so you could live, and the same thing will happen when you have a kid'... thing, sooner rather than later. I mean, I trust the author to tell us the important stuff and to jerk us around on unimportant stuff; I'm just kinda impatient, y'know?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Guys, it's obvious. Jones is a troll. Just like Vaarsuvius. :v:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Oneiros posted:

Man, I was predicting a "We can not hide our love from the world any longer!" followed by a "What? We figured that out ages ago." They did a good job hiding it, I guess.

Now hang on, a lot of you are having this reaction, but I thought they were shocked that the two were just casually admitting it instead of going through some Huge Dramatic Reveal like they were expecting.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Boxbot is a pretty big tool.

But not unthinking.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Fatkraken posted:

In unrelated news, someone made a dating sim Kat can play

http://clione.halfmoon.jp/hatoful-boyfriend/index.html

Fixed that for you. (In case anyone's wondering, the game is a dating sim about a human girl who disguises herself as a bird so she can attend a prestigious all-birds school. Yeeeeeah.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Arg, I so hated that line, because it's such a tease. Annie clearly knows what's up with Jones now, but because it hasn't come up naturally in the narrative, we the audience don't know.

It's very good writing, but as a reader....damnit.

Eh, I disagree. The 'unreveal' is a trope that irks me a bit, especially in a case like this where it's clear Tea is yanking the reader's chain. I'm of the opinion at this point that Jones isn't anything--which is to say, we'll never learn what she actually is because the author doesn't actually have an answer.

(I feel the same way about Vaarsuvius, to get a bit tangential; unless and until its gender is revealed in the comic, a prospect I find unlikely, it has no gender.)