Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
When the robot says "It grew from the seed bismuth," he is not being dodgy. That is literally the only answer he knows. When Jones says it, yes, she is being snarky, "hows that for an answer you little fire elemental :effort: + :smug:" To the robots, it makes complete sense, it is just that they have no other way of describing the origin of the Court other than "seed bismuth, duh."

It would be different if an actual human adult was asked, or hell, if they could somehow ask a human who was around at that time. In that case, them saying "seed bismuth" it would be a dick move. But Robots are different.

life_source fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Coyote, the god and being that has been interacting with Antimony and other characters, does not exist because he has given all of himself away to others.

Coyote is the Forest, so he probably created part of it, giving up various parts of his "form" or "body."

He might have also made the moon? Meaning that he can move it around and such.

I can't find the quote, but I think somewhere Coyote said that he loses access to a "power" when he gives it to a being, so when he gave Ysengrin power over the trees, he lost power over the trees. Probably stuff along the lines of creating the Bounds Dogs and things. And when he gave Reynardine the ability to take bodies, he lost that as well. The same would go for parts of his body. Give a shadow man a leg, an anwyn an arm, bones for trees, laughter for wind, etc. etc., lose those parts of himself as well.

Why the given powers are weaker is still a mystery.

Coyote just keeps giving people parts of himself. That's why he was so paranoid about the Forest dwellers finding out he had given ANOTHER bit of himself to a person from the Court. It's not just betrayal, it's also weakening Coyote to the point of powerlessness, and apparently existencelessness.

So Coyote only exists as the spirit of Gillitie Forest.

There are some holes, but it's probably something along these lines.

life_source fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 28, 2012

life_source
May 11, 2008

Woah, Mort! Who's this pretty looking lady your holding hands with and gettin' smooches from?

Do I have to tell Dadcula that you've got a GIRLFRIEND?

life_source
May 11, 2008

fatherdog posted:

Or, alternately, part of the purpose of this chapter was to establish that Kat never wants to see any of the Seraphs again, forcing her to recreate that process without their help.

Was the heart really a Seraph thing? Or just a general robot thing?

What benefits do the Seraphs provide? Protection? Yeah, sure, that's useful. Get out of here you weirdo goons!

life_source
May 11, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

Impressed by how Tom set everyone up to relax with a few pages of ridiculous Friends references, then came storming in with this chapter. Talk about a change in tone.

Tom has done this before.

A lot.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

Of Tony's old gang, I think Anja is the only one who hasn't expressed an opinion on him, directly or not. Donald stood up for him to Annie (and was his best friend generally), Jimmy never got along with him (even more so once he married Surma and she consequently died), Brinnie wanted to date him, Surma actually did. Jones expresses no opinion as ever. It's hard to say how well Reynard knew him, if they ever spoke personally at all, though he also has the jealousy-over-Surma thing.
Either way, I'd like to see what Anja thinks.

Bam.

EDIT: Ok, well re-reading it she seems to be just stating the facts.

life_source
May 11, 2008

YF-23 posted:

What family? Annie? She and Renard aren't relatives. Didn't even know each other before the events that placed Renard under her authority.

I leave this thread for a month and come back to this.

I see nothing has changed except the comic.

life_source
May 11, 2008

I too am overjoyed by Paz's new haircut...

but am I the only one who gets chills whenever Robot is on-screen after his last few appearances?

He's... not right in the robohead... :smith:

life_source
May 11, 2008

Potato Salad posted:

Annie only shows the scar during etheric projection. OOoOOOOOooohhhhh. She does not physically have the scar, even seconds after receiving the cut: http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=142

So, Jeanne was physically unable to cross the river as Muut stated. Annie's sleeping mind took a stroll across the water and was actually the invader -- Jeanne didn't come over the river to Annie, but Annie remotely viewed Jeanne while asleep. Annie is innately drawn to this kind of thing. She helped a burn victim cross over, helped her mother cross, Mort... she seems to have a subconscious draw toward the dead, so I don't put it entirely out of the realm of possibility that Annie's mind experimented with etheric projection and investigated Jeanne on the first night she was introduced to such powers by the blinker stone crutch.

We know that Jeanne is capable of interacting with people projecting with blinker stones, and given that the fairies in page 141 were able to see Annie shed blood by Jeanne's sword, we also know Jeanne can interact with "normal" non-blinker etheric projection and beings. I wonder if that is Jeanne's purpose as a sentinel: the sheer vertical cliff faces of the Annan waters blocks physical intrusion with some success, but Jeanne is there to intercept and kill etheric beings or projections.

Like faeries?

life_source
May 11, 2008

What a good chapter.

life_source
May 11, 2008

For all we know Antimony thinks Smitty can't die until a psychopomp comes and takes him away. Her stalling isn't going to kill Smitty, it's just going to increase that nebulous time before he either gets better or dies.

Tons of holes in this idea of course.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Don't trip now Tony.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Iceclaw posted:

Burly guy, why? We don't even know you.

life_source
May 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/gunnerkrigg/status/1264220913140187138

I hate these lovely tie-in video games. How does GC make sense as a platformer? I can't believe my mom paid $60 for this and now I'm not getting another game for a year.

life_source
May 11, 2008

I mean, the Omega Project is probably the Court's endeavour to become god!

Which Kat has already done...

uh oh

life_source
May 11, 2008

Can't wait for reddit/goons to start complaining about quartz alternators instead of the implications that Robot labelled Kat an angel.

life_source
May 11, 2008

"Wait, THAT'S what you mean? Oh no."

life_source
May 11, 2008

lmfao good loving luck you goddamn assholes kat hates the court these days

life_source
May 11, 2008

Because she has declared it impossible, time travel is now impossible.

Just God things. You might not understand.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Kat really just needs to go all in on becoming a machine god and let the ether cause the tic tocs to always exist instead of all of this time-travel bullshit.

life_source
May 11, 2008

We are all time travelling right now.

One second into the future, every second. Easy peasy.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Glare Seethe posted:

And probably some favorite sequences, like this whole scene with Ysengrin (up to page 1581 basically).

Andrews unspoken "alright, mate" with Ysengrin is one of my favourite moments.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Lol and there goes the shield

life_source
May 11, 2008

CJacobs posted:

If Tony somehow manages to swooce his way into Brinnie's life and rekindle her crush on him from 30 years ago over the next five years of this comic I will shoot my guns into the air while hooting and hollering in celebration like yosemite sam

fixed that for you

Also big feels at Anja and Brinnie remembering that Surma is gone. They all knew. :smith:

life_source
May 11, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

Anja needs to keep an eye on that osteoporosis. Assuming Old Norn is standing in the same place in all three panels, Anja is ~6 inches shorter as an old woman.

She's already fully grown. Antimony and Kat still have a few years of growth.

shirts and skins posted:

Young Annie should have had a football head

Now we're just tempting the whole "time as it passes in the comic" vs. "time as it passes for the comic/outside the comic".

Younger Antimony in the comic always looked like that.

But when we look at time passing outside the comic, we get football heads.

life_source
May 11, 2008

I feel like that would cause some sort of singularity.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Kantesu posted:

For that matter, what would Loup see?

Coyote/himself/a dead goose

alternatively:

a dead goose/a dead goose/a dead goose

life_source
May 11, 2008

In classic thread meme, I started reading through the chapter and this was such an incredible one for Mort and Kat.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Coyote chose the suit for him.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Nice stone tooth.

life_source
May 11, 2008

A lot of people are coming out of the woodworks lately to show that they don't actually read the comic and are mad that Tom isn't following their weird headcannon.

life_source
May 11, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

i just think that out of nowhere making one person into two with MAGIC WIBBLY BIBBLY is dumb and also writing a character in so unceremoniously

lol, shut up you are the problem

life_source
May 11, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

I've seen a lot of posts about how this is or isn't murder in the last few pages but "annie should have used her weird twin/duplicate/sister as a mario 1 up mushroom so she could be there for what is only technically her child" certainly is a loving take

Yeah, I didn't want to bring up the absolute brain damage some people have when they start talking about murder and twins in a comic with literal time gods and tree magic because that is way too big a can of worms to bring up. (its brain worms, the brain worms of the people who make those connections)

life_source
May 11, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

i don't think that contradicts what i said though. narratively a finger snap solution followed by "say no more! there is now plot!" is not satisfying to me

EDIT: I'm not picking on you, I just think these are just really low hanging edits.

life_source
May 11, 2008

what?

what the gently caress are you talking about?

how could you possibly think im talking to you?

why are you talking about perfect? why are you talking about the quality of the work? why did you even post that?

do you have like a 5th grade level of reading comprehension? im starting to think this thread is full of people who are functiaonlly illiterate.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

life_source
May 11, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

What do you mean back into one person? We were told very clearly that there were 2 Anni's from 2 separate timelines.

Please stop making poo poo up. None of this is true.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Kat's mum just so happened to know someone who had a magic time pool that they let her use because

How could you possibly think this. Holy smokes.

EDIT: To clarify: If either of these people actually read the comic and remembered it, they would not have made these statements.

It's insane to me to see hundreds of new posts and its tons of wholesale fabrications like this.

life_source fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 10, 2021

life_source
May 11, 2008

Snake Maze posted:

In conclusion, gently caress off with your "people who don't like Annie fusion don't read the comic" gatekeeping bullshit.

Brinnie is one of Anja's oldest friends, who we had been teased about since irl year one. Then we get the big cool reveal that she's super magic? Wow! I think even at the time some people guessed that she is Norse related. Then we get the end result of that whole thread, as you posted, that it's to tie up the temporal shenanigans with the Norns.

Interesting that you stopped reading before the big reveal! But thank you for actually reading the comic. I think it's a good comic, and I like when people show they actually read it.

I'm not trying to gatekeep Annie fusion dislikers. I'm hoping to gatekeep people who read the comic hilariously wrong like ChibiSoma and that includes people who claim stuff like "its someone with a magic pool".

Honestly I've never liked two Annies, but came around to them. I don't care about fusion Annie, but will probably come around to the fuse.

EDIT: ^^^^^ nice try, but you stopped reading the comic too soon, you should have kept reading

life_source
May 11, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

life_source, to be honest it kinda sounds like you're reading the comic wrong. But if that's why you enjoy it, you keep doing you, don't let me rain on your parade.

lmfao

how dude? how?

how am i misreading "We only deal with Temporal Issues, not your issue"

life_source
May 11, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

Did I just imagine that?

Yes, you unfortunately did.

One Antimony was in the forest timestop for 3 months, so maybe you are thinking of that.

EDIT: 6 months, sorry

life_source fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

ymgve posted:

Cheer up Annie, have a cherry or two

Comic Patch Notes 20210303

Fixed rare issue where the Double Cherry buff would persist indefinitely, even through loading screens and restarts.