Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

I think I'm in love. :swoon: I've been ill, and instead of grading papers like I should be doing, I barreled through all of Gunnerkrigg Court in 3 evenings on a goon's recommendation. I'm really fascinated by Muut and the other guides, and pretty much everything about the forest.

And holy poo poo, this page with the fox scream made me laugh so hard last night that my fiance had to save me from a coughing fit. And now that I'm up to date with this, I have nothing to save me from grading while I'm sick. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Geomancing posted:

Best I can tell, Book 1 has been out of stock for quite some time. I check back every couple of days hoping to snag it.

Edit: Nevermind, bad things.

Aceofblue fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 27, 2012

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

RickoniX posted:

Tom supposedly signed a really terrible publishing agreement and gets no money from books outside of con purchases/topatoco

Oh! :ohdear: I didn't know. Alright then, to TopatoCo I go.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

MikeJF posted:

I guess they don't hang around normal humans much (at least not ones who don't know to avoid it), if they haven't all gotten names already. It'd take minutes for any normal human to nickname someone without a name.
I really really hope there's a fairy out there named something affectionately weird, like Bubbles or Sherlock or something. You know, stuff that you might call a stranger in your head. Alternatively, I hope that nobody got named something mean - I used to think of these strange old women on the bus I used to ride as "Denim Lady" and "Poodle Hair," and I wouldn't wish those on any fairies.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

loquacius posted:

I did this too! There was a playground aide at my elementary school I thought of as "Mustache Lady" because I was a huge jerk when I was little :( (also she had a mustache)
I made those nicknames when I was 21 and didn't have a car to get to the store. :blush: Other key characters on those bus rides were Pneumonia Lady, Doggonit Dude, and Pack-a-day.

But anyways. I hope the other fairies reveal what their names are in the next page!

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

I think my favorite would have to be Ch 26 - The Old Dog's Tricks. I really love anything to do with the forest, plus it has Fox Call at the end. :3: Hwaiiieee!

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Wrist Watch posted:

I have never been so invested in an internet webcomics voting thing before. :ohdear:

11,151 vs. 11,150 :ohdear:

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

YF-23 posted:

I don't think people never collapse under stress, but yeah a coma is far-fetched.

This does seem like Anthony's doing after all. Maybe this was his gambit with the satellite, perhaps he knew Annie couldn't resist sneaking her blinker stone on it.
Alternatively, what if her sending up the blinker stone was an unexpected "invitation" for him to go tinkering? Anthony saw it and couldn't resist poking at it. I still don't think he's actively malicious.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Welp, that just sold me on how to hear Coyote in my head.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

DontMockMySmock posted:

poo poo, good catch. I think you just convinced me to reread the whole archive, too.

:suspense:
:ohdear: Me too. What if Ynesgrin doesn't actually have any direct memories of Annie at all, just a general feeling of "I know this person from somewhere and she feels familiar, and maybe it's a good thing," that slowly developed into their 'friendship?'

Or maybe this is why he hates everyone and everything from outside of the forest - fear of the unknown. He doesn't remember anything but what Coyote lets him, and if Coyote tells him that anything outside the forest is bad, then Ynesgrin is going to believe him because he doesn't have any direct reason not to.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Dodgeball posted:

In that case, I think Annie has a problem:

What's in this?

seravid posted:

Got your back, bro :whatup:

I love these forums :swoon:

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Hetty kind of reminds me of a diabolical version of Lettie Hatter from Howl's Moving Castle, and I keep reading her lines in Lettie's voice. "Reynardine, do you really want to spend the rest of your life in that dorm room?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Jeeze Ylvis, Gunnerkrigg already answered this a long time ago. :colbert: