Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Love's made a fool out of Bear.
Even though it was heartbreaking, I was a little glad to see Annie react the way she did and say all those cruel things to Reynardine. One thing I've been wanting to see is some flaws in Annie, since she seems like an almost infallible character most of the time. I think it added a lot of depth to her character, but it was still painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

You'd think that Surma would have considered adoption.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

nukethewhales posted:

edit: also, whoever created the tic toks is probably the closest thing to the Court's equivalent to Coyote, even if the Court doesn't know who that might be.

I had assumed that was Diego.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Ka0 posted:

I hate that you made me look that up on tvtropes.

But you're going to say it all the time now. Hell of a useful phrase.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

One of my friends (SA user Guava) linked me to Gunnerkrigg this week and I burned through the archives in about two days. Now I'm rereading it because I've been reading the thread. My already pitiful work ethic is just GONE.

:devil:

E: Also the boxbutt stuff has me in tears. Keep 'em comin.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Rei_ posted:

Reynardine is probably going to have to go into the forest and save her, though. Likely facing the temptation of getting his old body back, choosing between the horde of manipulative assholes and Coyote.

But he can't do anything without Annie's permission right? So there's not really a temptation thing. Although she may give him a choice.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Heliotrope posted:

:smug: + :3:

More like :chord:

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Elysiume posted:

I'd think her mother dying and her father abandoning her would make her a bit introverted.

True, although we have every reason to believe that Surma's mother also died when she was young.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Guys I'm pretty sure Coyote can't die.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Sarinnanashi posted:

Also, I must commend you for your great deal of knowledge on folklore and ancient symbols.

Seconded, it's why I love the comic. I aspire to be you.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Efilnikufesin posted:

Unless Annie has no biological father, then it wouldn't really matter.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Tom has confirmed in numerous places that Surma was her biological mother and Anthony was her biological father and they had her in the usual way.

So...

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

The 19th Person posted:

She blasted him with a gigantic wall of fire. Even with Elgamore there is a risk of injury. That's at least manslaughter.

Also, these pages suggest that she has pent up anger issues, maybe for a while if not just now.

It was blinker fire. Pretty sure it won't burn anything she doesn't want it to (or refrain from burning anything she DOES want it to). Annie was trying to escape, not kill.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Heliotrope posted:

If I remember right Tea-san said on Formspring that it could have injured/killed Eglamore if he hadn't been able to deal with it.

Ah, okay. I don't read the Formspring :shobon:

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Elftor posted:

What reason is there to think that? We haven't seen the blinker stone at all this chapter, and she's part fire elemental.

But she didn't know that at the time, and we've seen her make blinker fire before.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I would have gone for one of the Coyote ones, but I just got my avatar/custom title a couple months ago.

...plus your avatar literally cannot be improved upon

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Elftor posted:

I figure Blue is descended from water elementals and harbors racial prejudice against fire elementals.

Oh hey, good call. Of all the theories, this one sounds the most likely to me.

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

I thought I'd try making an avatar-

Kat is a smooth operator.

It took me like 20 minutes of bungling in photoshop to do this. I am no good at this.

No way, this is one of my favorites!

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

While I agree with the above comments that full-time comic artists have an easier time maintaining regular updates - this is obvious - I don't think it's fair to Tom to say that that's the ONLY reason. I don't recall the comic ever being late back before Tom went full-time, and I can (but won't) point to many, many more successful webcomics which are the author's full-time gig that don't update anywhere close to regularly. That isn't to say I could do better than those artists (because I doubt I could), but I think we should give Tom credit for being an unusually dedicated, industrious creator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guava
Nov 10, 2009

Worthleast posted:

Why does Tony have Renard at the door already? Does he just carry him around everywhere?

Ha! But seriously, I would say he either saw Annie before opening the door and knew what she would want, or he walked back into the house to grab the doll and that part isn't shown so as not to mess up the pacing of the joke.