Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Kismet posted:

This sounds pretty plausible, but I'd go one step further and guess that Jeanne isn't 'used' by the Court at all. I think she's out to get revenge on court-siders, which is why she went after Annie and not the fairies - and why Muut comments that she's 'still so angry'. Not sure how Diego and the birds fit into things, though.

E: Alright, we're done with spoiler tags.

I'm pretty sure Muut was talking about Annie still being angry that none of them came for her mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Fecha posted:

It actually makes sense, since Shadow 2 is not a shadow, but a creature so thin he looks like a shadow.

e: goddamnit
Well, to contribute, then, this might indicate that Coyote's tooth can't actually hurt any living thing! Which makes sense, since he did promise he wouldn't harm anyone in the court.

Or it won't hurt Coyote's people. Shadow 2 is one of the glass-eyed men that Coyote created after all.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Looks to me like the sword cut him away from the floor and the sudden shift to three dimensions is making him feel a little sick.

Mr. Vile fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Dec 2, 2011

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=294

The key word was "hear", indeed.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Hmmm, maybe. So who else is going to go comb the archives for every possible instance of the word "hear" now?

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

While I was expecting a serious turn at the end of the chapter, I admit I was not expecting this. I wonder if Annie will maintain poise and dignity, collapse, or yell at him. (Or some combination of those things.)

Also:

"Mystery solved!"

"How is that for an enigmatic answer? Ha ha ha!"

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Ha! We could have picked up on what he was doing before. Take a look at the laptop in the last panel of the previous page.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

It looks to me like the laptop got bisected along with the table. Jones's phone has rounded esges.

Or maybe it's just a really tiny laptop, now that I look at it in previous pages.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Oh poo poo oil paintings i want 20

I'm still not really clear on where the whole metal/alchemical theme is going, but crystal seeding (what you'd do with Bismuth) is the introduction to an unstable solution of a nucleus around which it rapidly begins organizing, imitating its pattern and structure

Think Ice-9.

Where'd you get the Birmingham thing from? I assumed because of Gamma she was retrieved in Poland, and just happens to speak English because she also knows it/is a creepy magical demon child

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=190

As far as I can tell Zimmy doesn't actually speak Polish and Gamma doesn't speak English, so they can only talk to one another telepathically. Zimmy translates what other people are saying for Gamma, but her translations are, uh, not always entirely accurate.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Well hey, I was just thinking I could do with some new shirts and this seems like the perfect opportunity! Congratulations on going professional Tea-san!

Also, do we know what Bugsy was when she lived in the forest? The name would seem to indicate that she was a bug of some sort, but going by her behavior I'm guessing she was a dormouse.

Mr. Vile fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Mar 21, 2012

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Wili posted:

Jones dress caught fire when she walked too close to a torch that morning. She didn't notice, and went around her business through the day at the market and the senate an other locations through the city...

Jones saw no reason to remove the fire for the rest of the day.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Zorak posted:

drat it Nigel Marvin.

He truly is The Worst Time Traveller.

Fried Chicken posted:

Mixopterus, a member of the eurypterid genus for those who care.

Not quite as cool as Anomalocaridid, but what can you do.

And the pointy thing in the first panel is an orthocone of some sort. My first guess was a belemnite but they're from completely the wrong era.

So yeah, Jones status: Still old, wet. Is that just sediment she's buried in or solid rock? If it's rock then that would mean it's eroded away and left her hair unscathed.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Or, the past is defined by what people believe it to be just as much as Coyote is. All the creation myths are true, and none of them are true, all at the same time.

Jones exists because humans just cannot conceieve of a time when there were no humans. It's like trying to think about the complete oblivion that comes after death, the mind just rebels against it. And because humans cannot believe in a time before humans, humans have always existed in the form of Jones.

Or I could be completely wrong, but it does neatly explain why a human-shaped thing has been around for millions of years longer than actual humans have.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Prison Warden posted:

To extrapolate this even further in regards to the rest of your post, all these explanations about what Jones is are true, simultaneously.

That would explain why Jones claims she has no idea what she is.

"Oh, you want to know what I am? Ok, well there's this internet forum where people talk about comics and try to work out what...uh. You know what, never mind."

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

I love that Kat is thrown off balance by Rey suddenly popping back to wolf form under her foot.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Rita Repulsa posted:

And she never bathes or showers

She smells like the forest!

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Ahem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_sY2rjxq6M :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Personally I'm hoping that they're refusing to help because they're, you know, psychopomps. They know when it's someone's time to die and Smitty isn't due to die now. So they're fine making a big show of being impartial jerks and refusing to help because they don't actually need to do anything anyway.