Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Oh poo poo, so many saturated plot points all at once is overwhelming me! We're finally going to know what Jones(Eyethingy) is! :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

SynthOrange posted:

Okay, I figure this is as good a time and place as any to ask what the hell is up with the fingers thing I keep seeing.

So, what the hell is up with the fingly thing?

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing whatever blue has planned blowing up in her face.... hopefully.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

DarklyDreaming posted:

One in an American football uniform jacket with a buzzcut and a somewhat haunting smile

His name is Chip Block. :colbert:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Literally everyone is voiced by Gilbert Godfrey. Annie, Kat, Anja, Coyote, everyone.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
I hope we get some sort of follow up of Anthony receiving the package, I'm curious as to how that's going to work. Gunnerkrigg has moved it's way up to the first comic I check for updates on during the week, and I'm gonna get myself an avatar once I can find the perfect "What am I reading here" sort of frame. :v:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

The Walker posted:

E2: Would the last panel of this http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=888 comic fill your desire?

Less confusion and more disgust.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

idonotlikepeas posted:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=747. Kat has all the best disgusted looks.

Jackpot. :haw: Kat is so awesome.

Only I just realized I don't have photoshop anymore. :negative: I keep forgetting to get an image editing program.

Maldraedior posted:

like this?

If not for the grain, this would have definitely been my pick.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

idonotlikepeas and Wrist Watch posted:

Wonderful things

I'm definitely going with this one once I get the cash, it has the perfect mix of revolt, anger, and "What!?" at my posts. Thanks so much guys. :D

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

SirSamVimes posted:

What's this from again?

Chapter 30:
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=787

It's easily one of my favorite panels in the comic. They're all so disapproving of Annie.

edit: Well gently caress. :colbert:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Avatar Fairy, I love you and your disposition to spend your hard earned income on complete strangers. It's so perfect. :woop:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Oh my god, Annie got fresh with a green forest boy. :3:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Huh.

I can see why you might want to keep that a secret.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Sweet merciful christmas these tea time avatars are the funniest AVs I've seen in a while.

seravid posted:

Got your back, bro :whatup:

This is just unfair, I have someone sleeping in the room next to me and I cant stop giggling like a retarded teenager.

Anyways, I'm pretty certain Friday and Monday will be the days when specifics are spelled out. Hopefully.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
That's some face Kat.

Dammit someone already snatched up that kat avatar. You guys are ruthless. :psyduck:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
You know, all this talk of Eglamore and the dragon slayer legacy of the court just makes me realize that he's basically a glorified Gym Coach/Security guard. :v:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

Diet Conan Doyle posted:

Being able to make huge leaps and use teleport beacons is much cooler than being just a regular gym teacher.

Man, gym class must have sucked for you.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
There will be no medium because the headmaster is declaring war on the forest. In front of a god of the forest and his mentally unstable general. :v:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
"Furthermore, Ms. Carver will hereby be placed under academic probation."
"But... but why?"
"Young lady, we were willing to overlook the skipped detentions, classes, trespassing, borderline treason, goading a general of the forest into attacking, and reckless endangerment of court property and personnel, but the one thing we absolutely won't tolerate is cheating on your homework!"

You know, if you remember that the court is an actual school, this might make more sense. Annie is a horrible student.

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

I wonder if this is when Chekov's copied homework finally fires. In any case, it seems like some real serious poo poo's gonna go down shortly.

Dammit, beaten.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

I agree that Annie's got some poo poo coming her way, but would the headmaster himself announce that kind of academic discipline in front of delegates from the forest? That'd be more than a little undignified.

If there's one thing we know about the headmaster is that he's pretty tactless and detached.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

:golfclap:

Also have a somewhat sideways annie in space.

I wanna grab this the moment I have the cash. Time to retire angry Kat!

Edit: Avatar Fairy, you really didn't have to! :v:

Filthy Haiku fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 21, 2013

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

Podima posted:

I'm kind of impressed/surprised at how fast Ysengrin decided he was okay with being forcibly retired!
Ysengrin isn't exactly the diplomatic sort. He probably saw this as a waste of time, so he's totally willing to let someone he trusts take over for him.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

Oh man, I need this one. I think I'm going to buy this when I get home from work.

Edit; Gonna need a title though. "I like the... noise. of my posts..."

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

Filthy Haiku posted:

Oh man, I need this one. I think I'm going to buy this when I get home from work.

Edit; Gonna need a title though. "I like the... noise. of my posts..."

Avatar Fairy'd before I got home! I'll have to pass on the karma to someone else. :v: Feels good having a Kat avatar again.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
I absolutely need an avatar of stoned Annie.:v: Gonna buy it tomorrow when I have time, hopefully nobody snipes me.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

Prison Warden posted:

The other is Brinnie, she's a Valkyrie.
What wait? When?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
I keep reading the "I am a mouse!:downs:" line like this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0srMejlk9gY

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

Has anyone taken drunk Annie yet? I want to scoop it up after work once I can think of some text.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

UndyingShadow posted:

I'm pretty sure if she's not gonna listen to the court about this, she won't listen to anyone. It appears she has a sort of diplomatic immunity, and something tells me the court wouldn't have any problem "retrieving" their medium if she expressed a desire.

Annie, home of the etheric powered invisible telekinetic punch
Kat, leader of superhumanly fast robots, might possibly be a god
Parley, master swordsperson, capable of teleportation
Smitty, capable of just having a ceiling tile fall on him
Zimmy, already done it once
Eglamore, protector of the court
Raynard, is a giant wolf
Ysengrin, is a giant wolf with tree parts
Jones, is Jones
Coyote, is a god

I'm not saying any of these people would be willing to do so, but he better have some other means of protecting himself besides martial arts should they decide his face needs punching.

Wait, this raises another point on the side; how did he not immediately get his rear end kicked by Jimmy Jims upon re-entering the court?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Don't you guys get tired of making the same jokes over and over?

I hope that if SA ever shuts down the URL literally just leads to a site that says this in plain text.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Is it just me, or are the tips of Annie's hair heating up over the last few pages?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

pik_d posted:

But... its Smitty... It would work out just fine.

Smit face's powers don't prevent him from humiliating or embarrassing situations as we have seen.

Also Parley just got home, maybe she wanted a few minutes to decompress?

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

EmmyOk posted:

I hope we see the opposite for Tony

"Oh my g[gently caress]"

I would love to have an aetheric way for the characters to hear Tony's inner monologue and it's pretty much just him just freaking the gently caress out all the time. Perhaps some sort of magic shoe they convince him to wear for a chapter.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Exceptional :unsmith:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Eating your own memories has to be the ultimate high.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Oh god they're all going to think Annie died, and it's going to irreparably gently caress up poor Kat.

Tony will have dealt with it so poorly that he's now just a head taped to a roomba. When she comes back he will just flatly welcome her back and tell her he needs to get back to work.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Panel two is amazing and now I want an avatar of it so i can pair it with "You got the dud!" :dudsmile:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride

A Sometimes Food posted:

Kat dressing up as your classmates is kind of weird, you'll make Winsbury self conscious. Not cool.

I think the weirder part is that this is acknowledging that DBZ exists in the world and Winsbury is basically chomping Vegeta's flavor.

:thunk:

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
"Ohhhh why do I have two daughters and one hand? Why can't I have one daughters and two hand?!"

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Maybe I'm reading a bit too far ahead, but a contract for putting a soul into a living body sounds pretty close to a deity level move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

but at least
i have

springy ride
Everything will be fine if they can just find Rick Moranis