Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Or we could get something serious out of left field like him having seen Jeanne and the girl he's been rabbiting on about wasn't because he had a crush but because he was spooked by a scary rear end ghost.

Though personally I'm hoping it will be something silly. I'll lose it if he proceeds to describe Red or the other Suicide Fairy, him having the WORST crush possible. Zimmy or Gamma would also be acceptably awkward and hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ka0 posted:

Plenty o' fish in the water Paz (no, don't look at those piranhas).

Or Bud. He's cool, but he's taken.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm just remembering something Tom said on his formspring. About how you wouldn't see any people with pointy ears like the fairies wandering around GC's normal world. I'm thinking what if getting a name changes Red? Makes her more human, like with non pointy ears, and probably more human in general.

Changing like that could explain her having such a weird reaction.

The only issue with this is the teacher but she doesn't seem to have a name either so maybe some of them stay in the unnamed semi fairy state into adulthood?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I love the tiny little smirk that's crawled onto her face in the last panel.

Unfortunately I now have that damned song from Grease in my head.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

It would make her confidence in being able to match or surpass him kind of interesting as well. What in the hell did she find out there?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

YF-23 posted:

Have you guys ever been kids and have an adult shout at you? Pretty sure Annie's gonna be scared enough by Eglamore scolding her like this to argue with what he said.
Except Annie is what 14? That's right around the time the reaction shifts from terrified obedience to "gently caress YOU DAD I LOVE MY MISUNDERSTOOD 21 YEAR OLD CRACK DEALING BOYFRIEND AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME SEEING HIM".

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The little robot crowd is really funny to me for some reason. I just can't imagine how awkward it would be making out while a swarm of robots ogled you.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

dyzzy posted:

Wait what diplomatic sk-

OH GOD RUN :supaburn:

I figure she saves that for after she's gotten used to it, and she and Rey sit Paz down and give her the "We're her best friends and if you hurt her" talk. Which would probably be a lot more intimidating than normal when the parties involved are made of fire and a giant wolf.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I love that he transforms to be a smart rear end. I mean I know we know he thinks somewhat differently in his different forms but do you think he consciously chose to change to make a perverted comment or he changed involuntarily because he was going to say it?

Also Kat's disapproving glare in the last panel could make a good avvy as well.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

This is gonna be Paz and Kat arguing over whether robots or giant sea shrimp are more awesome. :ohdear:

One of the great obstacles of all romances.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

It will be great in like 30 years when they tell their kids about how their first dance got hijacked by a creepy robot cult. That's the kind of story that's hard to beat. Especially if their kids aren't going to Gunnerkrigg.

mjau posted:

They might even be behind this. Crazy theory time: I think the robots need Kat to create the first flesh robot, but they'll try to copy it once they know what to do. So if the Court still has some control over their beliefs, now they've got an ever growing army of flesh that's likely to bring those beliefs with them into the ether when they die. That'd fit pretty well with the Court's quest to become god, right? (And as for what that means, i think they want to eliminate the ether itself)

If Zimmy's sight doesn't play nicely with time this might even be why she sees Kat as she does. As far as her sight is concerned Kat is already a terrifying robot god bird/angel/thing.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

ronya posted:

dear court stop installing an AI that keeps falling in love with passing females into every imaginable piece of machinery

Considering who made the robots in the first place this makes entirely too much sense.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

fffff posted:

Oh, Kat's not a mecha thing!

... I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed.

Assuming that's a real Kat and not another fake one like the first time in fun city. Actually we've never really seen Kat in Fun City have we?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm not sure if it's something weird with my monitor but the shade of purple in the veins is standing out weirdly from my screen.

It looks really messed up and works great.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I tend to hear Tim Curry myself for Coyote.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Boxbot is the worst. Of course it's a goon

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

That room is going to be on fire by Wednesday isn't it?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Okay, yeah, that's straight into extra-creepy territory. :stare: Both the dress and haircut are very reminiscent of what she looked like when she was a small child: http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=342

Also the slightly bent meek posture. God drat is this creepy as hell.

So uh random thought, if the Court has cut him off from his medium, how nice is Coyote going to be to Parley and Smitty next time they rock up?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

What was that line "they see a big stupid awkward idiot" or something? As usual, not quite getting the social cues there Annie...

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Kinda hoping they and Paz weren't there for Ground Zeroes. That could get awkward.

Edit:Kat recapping the plot if they weren't could almost be worse actually thinking on it. Especially if someone overheard the explanation out of context.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO PAZ!?"

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bets on Parley having to be "careful" due to funky magic/robot arms of some kind?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Looks like she didn't get magic arms, she just got Smitty two tickets to the gun show.

And Eglamore is apparently a sane person. Who knew?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Wonder who else Smitty is attached to here and if Annie will get the wrong or right idea out of it? Cause the panel composition makes it look like it's going show him connected to someone else like Parley.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Well the text below the comic isn't ominous at all.

This is gonna be good.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Watch Annie describe what she looks like and Kat proceed to squeal in nerdy delight at being a machine god bird by way of Giger working at a scrapyard.

This reassures Annie that it is Kat.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So do you think it would be funnier if Kat still sounds like a teenage girl to Annie and others that see her in god bird form or if she has some sort of terrifying Old Testament God style overwhelming voice... while still saying Kat's lines in her cadence?

I can't decide.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I really like how Annie has obvious resemblance to both parents, made especially clear when we see them around her age, but they don't look alike. A lot of the time artists just draw strong resemblance to one parent or they pull a Milhouse and their parents look related.

It's both really good art and makes it really obvious why so many adults get caught up on the resemblance, Annie channels them both a lot in looks and mannerisms.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Spankies!

It worked once. It can work again.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I think he's actually gonna pull the ravine shut.

E: The legendary reverse goatse.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 4, 2018

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

He still looks so silly.

It's definitely deliberate, look at how flat the body looks compared to the hand, it gradually gets shading and less cartoonishness. Not sure what the meaning is yet but it's deffo a stylistic decision.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Well this creepiness bodes well for the next few pages of this thread arguing about Ysengrim and the nature of his relationship with Annie.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hremsfeld posted:

He got better.

I mean I guess if he's a new being him being in love with Annie goes from :stonk: to merely :stare:?

....get the hell out of there Annie.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

New page.

Tom posted:

Same.

:smith:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

God I love Tom's art these days. Been following since chapter 2 and it still amazes me how incredibly good he's gotten.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Turns out the Omega Device causes the Third Impact.

pls no "I'm so hosed up" scene Tom

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

It really is Glare.

Wonder what the egg is?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Kat dressing up as your classmates is kind of weird, you'll make Winsbury self conscious. Not cool.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Kennel posted:

Tony pulls a gun, gives it to Kat and says: "You can ask one question before you must decide"

I loving cackled at this. Good job mate.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also theory, they're both real. Loup has already displayed time bullshit. Short haired Annie is from a timeline where he just sent her right back and long haired Annie is from one where they talked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

No this is just Annie being a little petty. Which in case you've forgotten is entirely within her wheelhouse. See the Jack thing, or less innocently rubbing Rey's face in Surma playing him.

I remain convinced they're both real and Loup did some timeline splitting or something.