Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
When I saw the top panel all I could think of was

edit:

But I also had this thought along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Well, Parley was right, it did sort of end up being a bonding experience v:shobon:v

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
She has been a bit shorter this whole time but I think this is the first page to really make note of it. p2117 has another example.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oops! All Annies

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ahh, so the blinker stone was actually one of the infinity stones all along.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Did St. George the Dragonslayer also have the ability to Bip?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am glad they took the Paz of least resistance

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There was that time Annie asked him to throw the blinker stone over the cliff in front of the school because she couldn't get a good angle. He did so by just chucking it, and it hit a bird, and fell straight down into the ravine where they wanted it to land. Lucky for him, maybe not for the bird.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hodgepodge posted:

One of the Annies is obviously going to die several years after the birth of her child, leaving the other to be a mother to her/their daughter.

Also, are we sure she isn't going to end up with Smitty, because how else do you end up with your significant other having a literally identical twin. Eh? Eh?

I will not let this happen to Parley

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Scary Annie ✅

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxpIwQoaMX4

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, robot, how far you've come! Please don't go any further! Please?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Taking bets on whether or not Kat gave him a robo six-pack under that shirt

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just kidding, we all know she gave him an eight-pack

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Master... I'm sorry, but I must go all out... Just this once. *smiles*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For 71 chapters you've been asking: Who is John Robot? This is John Robot speaking.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The robots and the implications behind their continued existence make me more uncomfortable than the Court itself ever has. Good job, Tom!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A cloud, you say? You mean like, Scott McCloud?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Glagha posted:

I forgot that Coyote explicitly threatened her not to tell anyone in the forest.

I bet this will be his undoing. It'd be fun and ironic that an omnipotent being is screwed because he made a very not-omnipotent threat.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTWx1hUjS4c

Tom has started doing these again!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
What if Annie herself is just a creature from the ether and that's why she is able to channel it so well (uh, relatively), and all that stuff about her mother and family history before the Court became real because she believe it was real just like Coyote

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Whoops, I accidentally created a race of unstoppable self-replicating machine knights! If only we had some kind of existing record of someone doing such a thing long ago and discovering that it was a pretty bad idea! Darn!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Darth TNT posted:

Yeah, I'm waiting for him to do something.
To me however it's not entirely clear if he's really malevolent or if he has noble intentions that are going to backfire for the humans.

Personally I think he's misguided, not malevolent. It's a situation that kinda spiraled out of control because the machines all got together and decided their place in the world in isolation, without asking anyone else. It was their first major act of autonomy really, and I think it's about to hit the point where they wouldn't just say "oh, whoops, sorry" and back down if confronted about the whole faction-of-robot-wannabe-templars thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I really can't see a way to resolve the two-Annies thing in a manner that's satisfactory. I'm sure Tom will figure it out because he is a smart cookie, but if/when the time comes for one of them to go it's gonna be pretty dire trying to make it not seem wholly unfair to the one that goes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Synthbuttrange posted:

"Haha there, I solved your two Annie problem!"
"Loup, four Annies is not a solution!"

"Oops, sorry. One of the Annies is now a goose. Hahahaha!" and so begins the arc of goose annie and her quest for etheric white bread

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Imagine four Annies on the edge of a cliff. Shifting works the same way.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
We're gonna have to put you in jail! Unfortunately, you are not an ether ghost, so there's nothing preventing you from just leaving. It's not a very well-designed system.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Randomly rereading large portions of the comic because someone linked a good-rear end page has been tradition for this thread for years. It is a good tradition to uphold.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm honestly not following any of this but I have a feeling by the end of the chapter I'll probably get it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
SOMEONE'S VOICE: Kat, now's not the time to alter the laws of ownership and causality!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DontMockMySmock posted:

If Annie is smart, before she agrees to this, she'll say something like "Renard, I command you to tell me the truth: if you were free of my control, would you do anything that would cause harm to me or my family or my friends?" and then renard will probably say "yeah i'd probably kill your dad" and then we'll all know it's perfectly fine

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Oh no my trick backfired, I set up the dominoes and they fell right over on me!" is like trickster god death 101 in most mythologies. It's gotta be part of their college curriculum or something.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

IronSaber posted:

Oh no, he's hot.

The comments agree!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Watch out for that living Keith Haring drawing Annie! They're very stylistically wiggly and animated!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
mods please change my name to Cannot Bip

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Even all this time later I still disagree with Tom's assessment of Annie's selfishness. I think he did a good job of making her be so goal-oriented that she got all her friends in danger without really thinking of the consequences, but imo that kind of spoke for itself when Smitty got ganked. Annie taking responsibility by offering up her eternal soul or whatever to the Psychopomps was all the comic really needed to prod her into realizing this. To go down such an irreversible path without a second thought instead of saying "oh no smitty, oh well he knew the risks" kinda invalidates the idea of her caring about herself more than others when the chips are down.

And sure, if she hadn't asked them to do it then they wouldn't be in danger to begin with, but Jeanne's story is intertwined into all of their lives (except for the faeries I guess). It seems like Tom anticipated us feeling like Annie pressured all her friends into helping her without giving them an out, but none of them wanted an out, and if they had maybe Red's tut-tutting wouldn't have fallen so flat for me personally.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Aug 12, 2019

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For what it's worth I have no idea what's going on right now, I completely forgot where they are or why they're doing this. I blame the sexy robot.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Right, thanks for the refresher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Shadow Parley cannot bip, but is a very fond drinker of Mr. Pibb