Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

Ysengrin is the worst thing that could happen to Coyote: he is... boring. Predictable.

Oh, but he can fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, while I don't expect this to be the end of Coyote, I would be actually totally okay if this was it: despite all of his hype and seeming omnipotence, Coyote simply hosed up and owned himself, ending just like in most of his stories. Oh, and have fun dealing with pissed and possibly insane Ysengrim with godlike power from this point onward.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Like, there are all kinds of "THIS IS A BAD IDEA" alarms going off in my head, but I can't quite explain why.

Becaus Tony approves and thinks its a good idea.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 19, 2018

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Hm, guess you're right. I think it's likely Tom messed up and drew her hair too long, but magical fire elemental hair regrowth does seem like the most plausible explanation.

Nah, looking through the chapter, her hair was short before she went full fire elemental mode at Loup and after that, her hair suddenly got a lot longer. Its definitely magical fire elemental hair regrowth.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
If there was a memory wipe, at the very least Jones (because she's Jones), Zimmy (because she's Zimmy) and Kat (because she's Kat and becouse she is a becoming a Robot Deity and is pretty resistant to etheric shenanigans) should be unaffected.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The other Annie is real and good too and from this point onward we will have two Annies.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Real Annie is still in the forest.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Coyote being able to just casually duplicate fire elemental spirit and thus being able to easily save Surma, but not doing so becouse he is Coyote, would be pretty interesting curveball. Tommy and Annie would not react well to that.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Lunar Suite posted:

is boxbot okay :ohdear:

Boxbot is too terrible for anyone to ever include him in any form of defensive measures. He also doesn't have any friends, so he wont even notice that all other robots behave strangely and wont speak with him, because they wouldn't do that anyway. So he is okay. :)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Annie and Boxbot. (Don't ask which one is Boxbot)

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, I gotta give it to Loup. Orchestrating events so that Annie that was given the task to bring back Coyote's gifts to him is also the Annie that will be ostracized by court and her friends because they think she is a clone is a pretty good move. She might actually feel alienated enough to do it in hopes he unfreezes the Forest.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
This whole chapter is basically a vehicle for Annie to voice her inner thoughts and doubts using her other self as sounding board, so I am really curious about a reason for why she thinks that Annie wouldn't care about her mother.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

So uh either Loup is loving with them and already has the bone and water, or some Court goons used the chaos to take them?

Loup doesn't know what memories/powers Coyote gave to Annie and co. and in what form, that's why he needed Annie's help instead of just finding them himself. It is entirely possible that he has them squirreled somewhere, but has no idea what they are.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ah! So he does. It was me that didn't remember!

Well then, I got nothing. Maybe they are under some rubble? :shrug:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Geez, cut him some slack. He is barely above his 3000th smile. Even babies have more experience with smiling then him.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wait, I though it was clear it was Kat they are putting into etheric jail? She is the one that had the arrow, the one that studied and experimented with it and the one that is performing the whole botched soul transfer procedure that called Saslamel in the first place. Plus the interpreter is addressing a singular person, instead of two Annies. Annies and Renard are just rightfully worried and pissed that their friend is going to jail for science crimes.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Samuringa posted:

It's not their jurisdiction

Yeah, I bet there is an Arbiter somewhere, who probably really pissed off the management this epoch, who is currently futilely trying to figure out crisis of infinite Annies, while quietly sobbing at their desk.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
...What about the building team idea? Let's go with that instead.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Trying to abduct and unfreeze bunch of forest people is still better idea than going to Loup.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
And so, Loup brought the creatures of Forest and men of the Court back together and became known as the Great Benefactor and the Healer of Rift, unlike that silly old phony Coyote who was promptly forgotten.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 2, 2019

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So...stupid teen fight about general romance, stupid teen fight about Annies and their whole deal, or stupid teen fight about Kat becoming Machine God and it kinda creeping Paz out?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I wouldn't trust this Idra gal, she has clearly gone native.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I really feel that blonde girl Paz called as reinforcement who just stands there looking awkward and wishing she was somewhere else. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Ditocoaf posted:

This is hilarious, leaving out the one she revived before so she doesn't have to hear "I told you I wanted to stay dead"

I think her logic is something like "I know this one doesn't want to be revived, because he told me so himself, so I will respect his wishes. But, I don't know with 100% certainty that all of those other robots don't want to be revived too, so they are fair game!".

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
If Kat was honestly convinced that current situation would change the outlook the old robots have about being resurrected, she would revive all of them, instead of specifically excluding the one she interacted with before. :shrug:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I am expecting the epilogue of this chapter being a shot of half of Gunnerkrigg Court being underwater from faulty plumbing.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Fecha posted:

So is she just always dressed up ready to look badass if someone teleports her to them

How big is the chance that Anja completely forgot that that sigil was given to her to use only in a case of emergency and Brinnie teleported in fully expecting a battle or two.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Oh no, she is powerful.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Annie 1, Annie 2, Tony. :colbert:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

:crnasickos:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The top three is Kat, Reynard and Anthony. :smugdog:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

maswastaken posted:

The only way both Annies are up top is if a majority of people were boring and only put one vote towards someone who isn't Annie.

Hello

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Renard being #1 is the safe, likely option, Tony being #1 is the hilarious, troll option, anyone else being #1 is the shocking option.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The Annies together got more votes than Reynard, so Annie should win. :colbert:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
She liked what she saw and decided to emulate it a bit sooner and I can't blame her.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, that one didn't end well. (Well it kinda did, but it took a while and wasn't fun for anyone involved)

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 27, 2020

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Everyone is Zimmy and, naturally, Zimmy is Coyote.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Hempuli posted:

"She's being dramatic again", haha. I wonder if Gamma has had to traverse nightmareirmingham a couple times due to some petty fight between her and Zimzams?

I guess it makes sense for Gamma to be sassy about this, considering she probably has to deal with Zimmyland every Tuesday.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wasn't it stated by a literal cosmic bureaucracy that both Annies are 100% real and in equal position with both of them being from different timelines than the world they are in?

I don't think Tom would walk back from that and make one Annie "real" and one "fake".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ah sure, in the context of Zimmie Birmingham, that makes sense. I thought they were talking about Annies in general, not Annies in this particular situation.