Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
The court having Annie's father invite her over for dinner would be a very simple way to make sure she's not in the picture on a given evening for whatever reason.

Hmm....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

Or they're just making use of their omniscient surveillance.

I mean yeah but even if what Kat is up to is the hot topic of the month, the court has other things to do than sit there and wait for a time to catch Kat alone for a meeting/whatever, especially given Annie seems to be over at her workshop a lot.

Removing Annie from the equation at x time on x date via dinner "request" would be a much cleaner way to go about it, especially if they think our fire wielding friend with temper issues is likely to get upset at whatever offer/terms/action etc. is being undertaken.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
He could want a way to replace his hand?

Actually, if it is Tony who's in on this, maybe he did pull Annie away for dinner so those two could speak to Kat in private.

:tinfoil: is risky business.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
First panel, p1847

Compare hairline with first page of ch. 51.

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1487

Might be plausible that Anthony does work with the shadow men in some capacity then, if that's not someone else entirely. :shrug:

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Cool beans alright, until the implications of some of the speculation and that laughter hit home. :smith:

That being if it is Anthony who wants to work with Kat, and in 3 days he has unwound enough around her to start joking like he does around Donny, more open around his daughter's best friend then he was around her. If Kat, who despised him, has not forgiven what he did to Annie but at least accepted any explanations and apologies for it enough to be comfortable working with him, how is that going to affect Annie?

Kat is Annie's one real rock of support and if she sees her father being more himself and involved around her best friend than he ever was around her, this could be a really serious test of their friendship.

Or it could be the another step to healing her relationship with her remaining parent?

So what I'm saying is it'll definitely be City Face.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
This is gonna suck.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Ok this just got a lot more serious than it could have been.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Anja please step in this is getting out of hand.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

The last three comics have spanned about 10 seconds. Give her a second to think.

Fair.

I really do hope we do hear about the start of Anthony/Surma's relationship after all that though, Annie needs some grounding before she can pick herself up from this.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Cool Beans.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Tenebrais posted:

That is one Beatles-rear end haircut for what is presumably 1990 or so.

The court's fashions probably lag behind or go out of sync completely because of its isolation. That and Donny is just that huge a nerd.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

maswastaken posted:

This is probably going to have a lot more of Ketrak than Surma really wants to see.

Oh.

Get the popcorn, this could be an amazing chapter...

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
I wonder if hes been getting these since he was a kid.

"I have work."

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

Omega and Fire Elemental Symbol? How... peculiar.

The other symbol is Bismuth, not the fire elemental 'crown'.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Snazzy shadow men shirt there Tony. Also wtb that coffee.

Edit: Makes me wonder if he hasn't been doing stuff for them for a while already, even as a kid. Gonna be hilarious if it turns out that night he ditched Brinnie and the gang is because he actually had work and couldn't tell them.

madjack fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 13, 2017

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Looks like someone reeeeeeallly doesn't want to see ketrak up close.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

maswastaken posted:

That would be just about everyone but Annie.

Well, yes, but unlike everyone else, Surma probably knows what she's in for.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
So yeah about that burning.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Kikas posted:

What's up next, Kat is the computer their parents built?

You joke about this but I'm getting the wierd feeling that Anja's belief that children are "proof of a couple's love" might actually be setting this up.

madjack fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 4, 2017

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Wonder if Kat has told her mother about Paz yet, given how little Anja seems involved in her daughter's life?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Anja doesn't seem to know what Kat's current project is, which she's been working on for a fair while. I'd guess if she did know it would have been stopped as Anja and Donny are both probably aware of the court's position re: synthetic life and robots.

So I guess it's just me wondering how hands-off they've been with the rest of Kat's personal life and what it could mean for any Donlan family character development.

Probably reading too much into this but that's honestly half the fun of it. :spergin:

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Considering Juliette and Arthur did I'm gonna say probably yes.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
There's no way this could go wrong.

EDIT: Something worse: It all goes completely right and they learn something horrible.

madjack fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 25, 2017

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
A beautiful romantic evening, just for the two of them.

Now, what's wrong with this scene?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

cell posted:

Clangler Bing and Joey Tribbianoid aren't doing something wacky just outside the door?

Ok what two things are wrong with this scene?

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
The thing that I'm thinking isn't right is that after Paz has gone to the effort of setting up a romantic evening for herself and her girlfriend, said girlfriend has walked in, taken in the scene, closed the door behind her and is now looking at Paz quizzically.

Paz doesn't appear to have moved a muscle.

edit: (also lack of robot shennanigans)

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Four things wrong.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Counting was a mistake.

cell posted:

Pretty sure Paz has turned her head towards Kat when she came in and is just waiting for her to make her way over. Mono-can's couch faces the wrong way to easily look at anyone coming into the apartment!

Really hope I'm wrong.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Brightman posted:

Do you think she's dead or something?

Kat connected herself to the arrow when she gave Rey back to Annie. I think she's pinned in place.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Yep.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Goddammit Tom.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

*Remove memory*
"Ysengrin, send someone across the River, we need to recon."
-Okay!"
*Murder*
*Remove memory*
-Okay!"
*Murder*

*Remove memory*
-Okay!"
*Murder*

*Remove memory"
"Yyyy-seeeeeeen-griiiin!"

"Why does this useless army always challenge my authority?" - Ch.44

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
:ohdear:

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Strength is always the red stat.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

I think Coyote's been looking to gently caress up the Court pretty hard for a while now, probably to show them that they aren't the gods they think they are. Instead of acting directly he's been slowly co-opting Ysengrin for the job, which is much more his style.

He can't act directly though, iirc he promised to leave everyone on the Court's side of the river alone when he first split the two up, so he probably can't break that promise or there is some means of holding him to it.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
How would he know anything about Kat though, apart from what Annie has told him?

Omniscience isn't really Coyote's thing either... Kat is probably more of a wildcard at this stage.

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

It would be really weird if the tick-tok birds weren't Coyote, what with their being the "thousand eyes" and his etheric form being covered on thousands of eyes and all.

I don't buy that, I reckon they're something else entirely. It might just be coincidence how early they physically disappeared from the story, but I don't think its an accident we started seeing them less once Kat became fully involved with Annie's life, They're never ever seen in the same scene together. Exception: The bridge, which is also the only time more than one conveniently happen to be present.

Also Zimmy hates looking at both the birds and Kat. :tinfoil:

Edit:

Jetamo posted:

He knocked over a building on the Court side during the whole Anthony-Is-A-Sad-Broken-Man thing.

Everyone is how Anja described it during "Blinking," specific to people, not property.

madjack fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Feb 14, 2018

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7DVh9IPHqM

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Not sure if this is a fakeout or not, If there's a 'gave you your powers, can take them away' clause attached to Coyote's gifts it would make sense for Ys to kill him before he can revoke that strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madjack
Dec 31, 2013

Scholtz posted:

Calling it now: Jimmy Jims is gonna die.

Guess we'd finally get to meet Brinnie if that happened.