Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Well we all know that people are either good people or terrible people! There of course are no shades of grey, or temporary moments of rash behavior that could possibly be regretted later. Annie is being an emotional teenager, you can't really sit here and judge this logically with days to think about her actions (which have only occurred over a couple of minutes) and go 'how cruel she is terrible!'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

SynthOrange posted:

It felt like it was all setup with little payoff at the end, if it makes any sense. Very little got explained besides the tomb, then the robot goes 'Welp, time to die.'

I agree, it just ended... a few more pages of resolution would have helped make the set up seem more worth it.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

pumpinglemma posted:

Wow. As a gay man, I think I can safely say you're kind of crazy.

A 'more than just kind of crazy' vote here from the lesbian corner. :v:

Man I had no idea I needed to get all offended by this comic. OR that standing on a balcony and talking is going out! Man I have led so many people on.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Roger Explosion posted:

Even taking into account the worth of the pound, these are kinda under-priced.

yyyyah... I would have expected to drop $200, min, for the middle sized canvases. And hell I probably would have for the Zimmy and Gamma one.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Shugojin posted:

I did, it says reference:wallpapers on the donation stuff but nothing wallpapery happened.

My browser didn't redirect me either, so I just emailed Tea-San directly. He replied pretty quickly!

I'm so happy he is going to to GC full time. This is one of my most favorite comics ever. I have been reading from day 1... hell, I remember him talking about doing this strip before it was up. It just keeps getting better and better, and it is one of the few story driven comics I read as it updates. Not just because I HAVE TO KNOW RIGHT NOW AAAAA, but also he moves the story along beautifully. Every page offers something... but yet the plot isn't breakneck speed if you re-read the archives. This is a very hard balance to hit and very impressive.

The art that is getting better and better is also great. A friend got me a picture of Zimmy by Tea-San at a con once and it is one of my most favorite bits of art I own. Very excited to know she and Gamma will be back next chapter!

Basically Gunnerkrigg is amazing anyway you look at it.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
we need more good zimmy avatars, as she is obviously the best character in the comic. :colbert:

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
holy poo poo morts!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

pik_d posted:

I still had it open so here is the comic + text for anyone who it isn't working for:

He's a sly one, that Shadow.

That last panal is one of the most adorable things I've seen in my life, oh my goodness.

How does this comic just keep getting better and better???

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
There have to be multiple avatar fairies, this can't just be one person.

I'm so worried about Robot :ohdear:, Gunnerkrigg isn't one of those stories where you can be sure everyone will be ok in the end.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Male Man posted:

Your old avatar has a URL of one less than your current one:

hah! That Vriska is from a drawing a friend of mine did for me when she was first getting into homestuck. She thought it was cool somebody was using it as an avatar, curse you avatar fairy!!

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
The results are in Hetty is officially awesome.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Farewell, noble demon shrimp thing, I will miss you.

I just love crazy characters. The more murderous the better.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Swedish Horror posted:

I just found out that I never read any of City Face!

Does this make me a bad fan? :ohdear:

Boxbot is better than you are.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Yeah, but the large panel on the lower right starts at the same height as the 3rd panel, so shouldn't you follow from the third to the lower right one, then finish at the lower left?

No.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
eh i'm not feeling the burn of page by page for this chapter, fwiw. and i was really 'argh' about the jones chapter. stuff is moving at a good enough clip for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Pick posted:

If you look through the Gunnerkrigg tag on Tumblr, people absolutely were.

My concern is that this entire scenario doesn't seem oriented on what I would consider the best outcome (once a mistake is already made)--Tom realizing his mistake, acknowledging it, and having people be glad that there is now a better understanding. What is he supposed to do now?

I just went though the tag and found a lot of hurt feelings but not a single person telling Tom to kill himself. I did, however, find a lot of posts telling 'Social Justice Warriors' who were offended over the joke to kill themselves.