Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

bokchoi posted:

Getting back on topic a bit, does anyone recognize the symbol in the light bulb above Kat's head on this page? http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=757

I expected it to be some alchemical symbol alongside Antimony and Bismuth, but I haven't been able to find anything.

Don't know what symbol it is, but it shows up on Kat on the last two treatise pics:
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=560
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=295

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Anoia posted:

He chose a hell of a time to take a stand. Making the murder doll mad is not gonna go well. :(

Then again, telling Hetty to gently caress off right at the start would have made for a very short chapter.

The murder-doll isn't capable of much beyond subtle pranks, whereas Rey is a goddamn wolf.

Smash Hetty into powder, throw her in the bin, see how long it takes her to put herself back together and whether she can get out.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeti are like ninjas, they can't touch you if you're on fire.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I haven't been following this thread, but has anyone floated the theory that the Anthony in the Court might be a robot?

Not an AI robot; a telepresence. The real Anthony might still be in space, puppeteering by remote control.

The guy's got no expressions, no warmth, no soul, and Rey says he spends his downtime in silence.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Alright but I stand by my point, that Tony might still be somewhere else and the Tony that's here is a puppet.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Nuns with Guns posted:

So taking bets on how much longer before someone beats Anthony up for using hosed up hand bone magic to control Annie?

I expect Anthony's stony demeanor to crack shortly on either side of Zimmy throwing a punch at him.

But Tony taught Annie some kind of martial arts so it'll be a proper fight.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Anthony wants the Donlans to admit they knew Annie was cheating, and that they didn't care. If they own it, he has administrative ammunition to use against them; if they pretend to be surprised, Annie gets pulled further under the bus.

He's in cahoots with the Headmaster in trying to rein in Annie and her little circle of troublemakers.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I still don't think this is ultimately about Annie cheating. The punishment for cheating is an excuse to cut Annie off from the forest and Reynardine and isolate her from her friends.

Up until now the Headmaster has been the one chiefly opposed to Annie's contact with the forest and Rey. Remember when he named Smitty as the court medium, he revoked Annie's forest visitation rights in the same breath and requested she hand Rey over to the court. Over the objection of pretty much everybody. That didn't work, thanks to Coyote and Smitty.

So the Headmaster pulled Tony out of his hole, told him about the cheating, and instructed him to use it and his hold over Annie to put the kibosh on her.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
"Where the hell have you been, Tony?"

"Error. Access denied. Insufficient clearance. Changing subject. My daughter is a cheater."

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

JT Jag posted:

Tony you know you could get an actual robot prosthetic for that hand now that you're at the Court, right?

Like... probably in this very house.

Or if he wants a flesh arm, the Court is growing entire human bodies ready to hold souls, I'm sure that dude from Cardiff could knock out a replacement arm no problem.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

RZApublican posted:

Maybe it was his bone spike fingers that punctured the skin and not his fingernails?

Tony is Wolverine now?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is Tony's plot to bring his dead wife back at the expense of his child?

Have we gone full Evangelion? You never go full Evangelion.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

maswastaken posted:

I was wondering where that cut had gotten to.

I like how it forms a line with the one stray lock of hair.

Like with as neat and orderly and perfect as Annie is trying to be for her father, her time at the Court has left its mark on her no matter what.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
> Tony is angry at whatever psychopomp took Surma to the other side

> Surma had Annie take her

Hoooo boy, here we go.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Inglonias posted:

Someone please explain to me how Tony was planning to pick up medical supplies while he was LITERALLY IN HELL.

So really he can pick up his medical supplies by just kinda walking over them. This also explains how all those medkits came to be lying around in Hell.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Tony's office chair breaks from what he's doing to it. The broken chair impales Tony from behind. Horrible death.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Splicer posted:

Annie has weird slicey lines where her hair ends.

She's also missing the fire inside of her. Looks kind of like a crown on her shirt in the first few pages.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
When Annie goes nova and burns a chunk of the forest, the Court will claim tit-for-tat for Coyote knocking down that building.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rotten Cookies posted:

Is the log just going to be ascii art?

Just "ow ow ow ow" over and over.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
"Children that was our only ball. There will be no team this year." :(

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Annie's a better bowler than I am!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don't know about you guys, but I would totally play a video game about Gunnerkrigg Court super-bowling.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Epic ball returning.

I'm well beaten to the Dragon Ball joke so whatever

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

I'm glad Annie is getting a hang of exploring the ether without the blinker stone. :^)

"Annie why are you still hauling around that bowling ball? That belongs to the alley!"

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

I notice Kat is doing SCIENCE in the boat. Probably got a robot searching the river for that arrow?

SynthOrange posted:

Its clearly a typewriter and she's working on her screenplay.

She's cranking out text logs and audio logs as fast as she can. She's realized she's an expendable NPC in somebody else's game.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Jeanne hasn't cut Robot into confetti yet, so something is probably slowing her way down.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ah yes, the Corvo Attano school of swordfighting.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bilirubin posted:

"Uh, Annie? We're going to need that boat to get Smitty's body back to the Court."

Don't worry about it. Annie can pick up the boat when she takes Smitty's spirit into the Ether.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Next chapter: Annie learns how to breathe through a hole in her chest.

I mean she could abandon her flesh body and embrace her fire-death-godhood but she likes being human. This is a test for her.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

If Coyote feels like sitting immobile and watching you from the shelf, then he shall.

Then he'll reach across the room and stuff your keys into the couch as soon as you go to sleep.

It's like Elf on the Shelf, but far more malevolent.

This strip is a thing of beauty. "Do you, Red, take this butt face..."

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Ysengrin: I am...

Coyote: We...

Loup: Ye-e-e-es...

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
A funny sort of fusion of Ysengrin's inferiority complex and Coyote's long-game scheming.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Darth TNT posted:

I hope white haired girl is okay. Her hand looks painful. :ohdear:

Looks like she has a bruise above her eye, too.

And the sea bed they're overlooking looks like it's been dry for a long time.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Don't surround yourself with yourself.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Did Esper Annie always have that vertical line down the middle of her face? If she did I haven't noticed it until now.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
TFW you realize the doomed timeline in this cross-reality clusterfuck may be your own.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
It'll make the re-merging process easier. The singular resulting Annie will only be a little insane.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bilirubin posted:

No but they still haven't learned the "read the book" lesson

"You did your homework right" "Annie did it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rumda posted:

They're not split they're shifted

I know. But who's to say they couldn't merge together in the long run?

I'm thinking of another webcomic where two instances of the same character from divergent timelines accidentally merged together and had to deal with reconciling two minds in one.