Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Ditocoaf posted:

Good call on the robot thing, Tupperwarez.

I wonder if perhaps a ghost-sword can't hurt robots as well as it can hurt something with a more definite spiritual presence? Remember that cut Annie got way back when, which only shows up on her ethereal projection. Have we ever seen robots in ether-vision? Maybe Robot is purely physical (or close enough to it) in a way that makes him less immediately threatened by Jeanne.

Jeanne had no trouble slicing up the cameras Kat sent down so I wouldn't count on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
Blue's dead, that's why the illusion disappeared.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

GlyphGryph posted:

Well, we've yet to see any indication it went through her head, or body, at all. Or that it needed to, for that matter!

We don't have any idea what an illusion sword going through the head of an ethereal form actually does, or how that maps onto possible real world damage. We only just learned that Jeanne's sword can even cause real world damage - the previous damage she's done with it has been right to the soul.

But the best evidence she's not dead (yet, but possibly still in very poor shape)

Is that this didn't happen until the end of a full page after the eye stabbing, and I have trouble believing she was able to keep up the illusion for even that long considering the sword through her and how quickly it began to shatter the moment Annie touched the arrow, which was only a frame and was not the gentle fade-out we see here.

So I'm guessing it's a fake out in the specifics, but it's a fake out concealing actual tragedy. Like, she still spirit-stabbed blue, who is now barely hanging on by a thread, and in the physical world she actually stabbed smitty or something.

Quoting to laugh at this come Friday.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
Isn't city face more of a Tom's on holidays thing than end of book?

Cavelcade posted:

Thanks, I was trying to remember who it was that actually saw her, this saves me the effort.

Edit: And because I have no self control I kept on reading and man this page is still one of my favourites. So simple, so effective.

Lol at the next page.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
You know, everyone's assuming that Jeanne really is this badass, unstoppable murder machine but based on what? Those videos of people she killed? Funny, anyone who had no trouble dealing with her wouldn't have left a deathvid moaning about how quick or ruthless she was. So yeah, Jeanne's a pushover, roll on the next villain.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Uthor posted:

What year are they in? I suspect that the comic won't end until they graduate.

That wouldn't work too well now that they're split across different years. Plus if the comic kept progressing at its current rate, it would be another decade before it finished up. Dunno about you, but I'd find that a discouraging prospect.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

I don't get it. Those don't seem like Jeanne killed them for being from the forest. Jeanne just kills anything that crosses the water or steps on her side, and why she would keep doing that now is up in the air. None of them are buddies with the green forest people. Annie is buddies with green forest people. Annie just presumably helped out Jeanne's favorite green forest person; I think she has a foot in the door here.

Lurdiak posted:

Uh... you have a poo poo memory.

http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=141

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
Given that Parley is about to take out the Coyote knife and slice Jeanne in two, if Jones shows up now it will only be to grade them on their extracurricular activities (C- ambitious goals, sloppy execution :v:).

Splicer posted:

e3: Know what's not pointless?

Smitty's torso.

Brutal.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

pik_d posted:

But also the beginning of another one :unsmigghh:

For the sake of levity after the gloomy conclusion to the current storyline, the next one will be a tournament arc! Involving the made up and needlessly complicated sport Courtball!! Kat and Annie end up on opposite sides of the draw and seem destined to clash in the final, but will the question of who has the highest power level be left unanswered due to the presence of Majin Tony!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Tenebrais posted:

Ysengrin destroyed one, Kat created one. We have now seen the start and end of its life, everything else is happening in between.

It's simple, Kat just invented the one-bird universe.