Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

Robox doesn't even have arms. He can't do anything! ROBOX IS USELESS

He can play soccer, that's more then Boxbot could ever do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Oneiros posted:

I can not help but wonder if Coyote's tooth might play some role in this chapter. Of course, I have no idea if Annie brought it with her or even if she would have any access to it while stuck in ethereal form. I don't think she has any training in its use yet, either, but maybe Parley could do something with it?

If you can't lose a blinker stone I bet sure as hell you can't lose a god's tooth. And it is definitely going to have an ethereal form.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

McGravin posted:

Can you imagine having Smitty as a housemate? You could throw a huge, tear-the-house-down kegger every night of the week, and no matter how rowdy it got there wouldn't be so much as a cup left out on the coffee table the next morning.

On a more serious note, I was thinking about Smitty's powers. He puts things into order, but it's not his idea of "order".

But after a party the expected state is a messy house. Which could mean that through Smitty's ill-defined powers of organization even the mildest of parties would end with a smoldering crater.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
The only person I want to see in a sword fight against Jeanne is Jones.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Kojiro posted:

You don't have to go all nuts trying to remove fanfic from the net, just don't read it and make it publicly known that you don't.

That sucks rear end.

Writers are able to steal all they want from almost the entire history of literature. If by some miracle a fanfic writer actually makes something worth while it should be the right of the original's author to plunder that fanfic right down to the font.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Mirage posted:

I read it simply that Surma gave Renard the moniker "Reynardine" as an affectionate nickname one day and now he bears it proudly. Sort of like how he's willing to take a trip through the washing machine just because Surma made the body he's inhabiting. He's crazy for anything she has to do with him.

B-but a nickname can't be longer then the name it replaces. That defeats the whole point of nicknames Surma!

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Pick posted:

It would be very interesting to me if Anthony were actually a great guy with some issues and Surma was a charismatic but manipulative person.)

If Anthony were a great guy I don't think he'd have dropped his daughter off what has to be the most dangerous boarding school in the world and then immediately proceeded to drop off the face of the Earth.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Pick posted:

Yeah, and what's with all those British parents during WWII sending their kids off to the country, leaving them with strangers where they might be mistreated, even sexually abused? Didn't they care? What could possibly be more important than being beside their children to nourish them during their formative years?

Context, context. Anthony might be called away because what he does is important and potentially even more dangerous than your average life at Gunnerkrigg.

Last I checked Gunnerkrigg Court does not take place during world war III, the cell phone has been invented, mail still exists, and there are boarding schools that are not plagued with monsters.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
Absentee fathers should always be presumed guilty :colbert:.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

FronzelNeekburm posted:

You'll change your tune when it turns out he was hiding in the Court all along, waiting to transform it Autobot City-style to fight Ysengatron.

You'll change your tune when it turns out that he was boxbot all along!

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
I don't think we can really blame Coyote for treating Ysengrin like crap. Ysengrin is a pathetic hanger on with no sense of humor and anger management issues. Whipping boy is just about the only useful function the guy can serve.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Pick posted:

Man, you are irrationally hard on the characters presently being cast as unsympathic, considering how little information we have and how morally grey most of the cast have been revealed to be. Remember when people felt sorry for Diego? Do you recall the response to Jack murdering the robot and trapping Renard?

And you bend over backwards to concoct redeeming traits in characters who

And Jack going psycho was awesome, finally someone besides Annie or Kat was doing something.

Edit: minor rephrasing.

Psych fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 4, 2010

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

inthesto posted:

Everything will end up okay for Jack when a robotics project he and Kat are working on goes wrong and he ends up tarred and feathered as a result.

For the first half of that sentence I thought Jack's problem was going to get solved by an actual robot Annie.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
But it'd be embarrassing to have to beg your best friend for help.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
Who died and made Reynardine Annie's mother?

...oh

...um nevermind.

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Only up until college. Get caught loving around in college and your rear end is effectively banned from all higher education.

You'd certainly like to think so wouldn't you.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Revolver Bunker posted:

Well at the very least I've seen people failed immediately from courses for plagiarism and cheating on midterms/finals. It's pretty solemn when the instructor calls a guy out in a room of 400 and basically says "You cheated and now you're gone".

My mom's a professor and she was forced by her university once to give several students make-up tests after their parent's complained the the university that she had failed them for cheating on a final.

Clearly the severity of punishment can be inconsistent.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

1stGear posted:

Annie's little shitfit could have pretty serious implications for the peace between the two sides.

Finally!

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Hang on Sloopy posted:

My wild speculation: Jones will be revealed to be an orphan as well, and will either become her confidante for the issues Annie can't even talk to Kat about, or be the example to Annie of what she could turn out to be like if she keeps bottling up her emotions.

It turns out that Jones was only acting all wooden because her parents died in a water-skiing accident the week before she was introduced to the story, and she wants to make sure that no one sees it get to her.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
I really wonder what this will mean for Annie and Reynardine's relationship long term. Any trust they had is now gone, I don't know how they could rebuild that relationship. That is unless Annie just orders Reynardine to pretend like nothing ever happened.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

FredT.E.C. posted:

I doubt their long term relationship would be all that damaged. Reynardine still loved Surma regardless of whether or not she felt the same. He is emotionally attached to Annie because of that love, and would be more than likely to be willing to forgive Annie's outburst.

That is bullshit, Reynardine's love for Annie's mother could be the foundation of a relationship, but not the entire basis of one. If that's all the two of them have going then there is little hope that they can maintain their friendship.

Also let's not forget that Annie's 'outburst' involved using super natural control over Reynardine to torture him.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
Why is it everyone takes it as gospel that Coyote cannot lie? That's exactly the sort of thing that liars want you to believe about them.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Mercury Hat posted:

Coyote likes to keep Annie around because she's fun. I can't see the fun in letting her die or get hurt though??

Where's the fun in a Trickster God who isn't tricking anyone? Who isn't doing anything but sitting in a forest laughing like an idiot?

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

nukethewhales posted:

Well, at least Annie didn't try to actually hurt Eglamore. I think this is a relief but still, :ohdear:

We don't know that she didn't try.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
I suppose I'm the only one here who is disappointed, to see Coyote once again claiming to have known everything yet have done nothing about it. Since he's been introduced Coyote has done anything that justifies his reputation as this big scary deity that the Court is so worried about. For a trickster god he sure is boring.

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal
So Annie gets angry once and suddenly she has a the inner temper of a fire elemental? Considering that she is a teenage girl she is, if anything, super-naturally calm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psych
Feb 13, 2005

The Infernal

Soylentbits posted:

How does that even work? Wouldn't it make more sense to just sell the books himself considering his limited market audience?

A lot of publishers will give an author an advance and then not pay them any more royalties until the advance has been paid back.