Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

Laser cows, how could you?

This is canon until clarified.

I'm also loving the heck out of this chapter, it's pretty cool to get the other side of Jeanne's story. But Monday is so far :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

McGravin posted:

If I'm reading that Wikipedia article correctly, you're getting that completely, totally backwards.

This says that an unskilled person makes mistakes and because of their lack of technical competence, fails to realize them and so claims superiority.

What we have here is a skilled person making no mistakes (or certainly very few), and despite a wealth of technical competence, imagines mistakes where there are none and so claims inferiority.

Wikipedia posted:

The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average, much higher than it actually is, while the highly skilled underrate their abilities, suffering from illusory inferiority.

This is the second sentence :psyduck:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

kidcoelacanth posted:

Wow uh ok :stare:

Yeah that's some pretty hilarious rage over :qq: my yuri ships :qq:

I'm liking the chapter so far, it's pretty cute.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

QueerPope posted:

Who the gently caress says the second one? Not anyone who lives anywhere with coyotes that's for sure. People who've only ever read the word and never heard it spoken by people worried about their pets getting eaten by coyotes.

There are plenty of coyotes in my area and I've heard several people use the second pronunciation? :confused: I didn't know it was considered weird.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Mafiosa posted:

The crux of my issue, and what the discussion keep circling back to, is why is was a good idea, at all, to shove marginalized people into a spotlight for the sole purpose of exposing them to a huge audience which, if the gunnerkrigg comment section is anything to do by, less than understanding.

It wasn't, which is why he deleted the retweets.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Mafiosa posted:

VVV After several hours and multiple people had to ask him and at least 10-20 minutes after the initial apology. How was it even remotely okay to do in the first place?

He was watching a movie and probably not sitting at the computer refreshing twitter? I don't know, I'm not spying on the guy. 20 minutes is not a long amount of time.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that the re-tweeting was lovely, even Tom himself, seeing as he deleted them and then even apologized again. How does being a little slow in realizing that make him worse?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1129

just rooftop cuddling with my platonic bro, as we contently listen to the sounds of each others bodies. as friends. nbd

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
hmm yeah. I guess if a thing that never happened did happen, things would be different. you're kind of dense, my good dude

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
are you legitimately unable to tell the difference between those and the shadow and robot panels?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
^^^uhh why not? the comic has told us that robots are capable of romantic-like infatuation. the shadow folks are basically coyote's attempt at making people so I don't see why they wouldn't be able to feel things

Like I often chill on the couch with my friends or brother in a pose similar to the first one but I dont lay my head on their chest and comment on the sound of their heartbeat because that would be loving weird dude

YES bread fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

EmmyOk posted:

That is not what I am saying though. What I am saying is that kind of physical closeness might not have the same romantic connotations or meaning for a shadow and robot as it does for people. This entire arc for example is about Robot feeling human sensations.

well okay. but the comic has explicitly shown us the opposite of that, ie. the manual that informs students what to do if a robot falls in love with them + Kat mistaking Paz's love letter as being from a robot, as well as the heavy forshadowing of Robot and Shadow specifically in aforelinked panels and also this scene http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1444.

I legitimately can't recall anything in the comic about robot or shadow having weird cultural differences w/r/t human affection and the way its displayed. this just seems really cut and dry to me