Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Chie, Yosuke, Yukiko. Because it's damned annoying to find Personas with Garu- spells at low levels. Plus he has Dekaja pretty early and that's just gravy.

Starting Team is Best Team. I used them for my entire run of P4G and they were great. Yosuke and Chie were my favorite characters, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
yosuke is a creepy fucker

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
I rolled with Yosuke, Yukiko, Naoto.

Yosuke offers lots of versatility while still offering good-to-great physical and magic damage.

Yukiko is the best healer and also does stupid damage with her unique attack.

Naoto was the character I always felt weird training because she was objectively not-great for bosses, but she made clearing the last few dungeons so efficient I couldn't do without her. Then Golden made her really good at using Ice magic and it was all gravy.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, Yosuke is pretty much never not useful in P4 except for maybe around the start of the endgame until he gets his final skills situated. In vanilla P4 he was definitely top-tier, but in Golden, since they boosted other characters some, he's probably easier to replace than he was.

Still great, and I like his weapon.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I ran with Kanji, Yukiko, and Naoto. Electric punchman, healbot 9000, and jack of all trades.

Which is a team comp I pretty much stuck with for P5 honestly :v:

Edit: And thinking about it, P3 too. Just with Aigis instead of someone with more versatility.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought we were talking about characters we would hang out with

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm kind of interested in Cosmic Star Heroine but I read that it's buggy on PC.

My actual question is, is it not buggy on PS4?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I would smoke hella weed with Junpei and play video games

koromaru can chill too what up dawg

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I ran with Kanji, Yukiko, and Naoto. Electric punchman, healbot 9000, and jack of all trades.

Which is a team comp I pretty much stuck with for P5 honestly :v:

Edit: And thinking about it, P3 too. Just with Aigis instead of someone with more versatility.

Aigis is a pretty solid pick in P3, just for having all three kinds of Phys skills (I think, at least? Been a fair while since I last played P3FES).

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i've put 6+ hours into cosmic star heroine on pc and the only bug i've had so far was it crashed when i initially changed the resolution.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Caphi posted:

I'm kind of interested in Cosmic Star Heroine but I read that it's buggy on PC.

Thought it was even buggier on PS4.

I honestly haven't ran into too many problems on PC, but if you are worried just wait a week or two for patches. The devs Twitter is p active in bug reporting.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I enjoy Cosmic Space Heroine quite a bit but the second Lauren joined any semblance of challenge completely evaporated. Poison + buff/debuff + Chahn's weapon that gets stronger when used against poisoned enemies + hit-all hyper mode fire attack, destroys everything the game throws at you.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Caphi posted:

I haven't played it enough to know about the actual performance, but it's having a lot of patches fired at it.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Stelas posted:

I haven't played it enough to know about the actual performance, but it's having a lot of patches fired at it.

I've played for three hours with no problems for what it's worth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Renoistic posted:

I enjoy Cosmic Space Heroine quite a bit but the second Lauren joined any semblance of challenge completely evaporated. Poison + buff/debuff + Chahn's weapon that gets stronger when used against poisoned enemies + hit-all hyper mode fire attack, destroys everything the game throws at you.

Honestly any point you can start stacking buff/debuffs breaks the game. I get that they didn't want to cripple players who are bad at doing it but I think they balanced it around people not stacking debuffs so it gets a little crazy how far they can go.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought we were talking about characters we would hang out with

Yosuke and Chie. They were definitely the buddies I felt closest to.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I just got to the first boss in this game about high school students that can transform to enter into the emotional head space of their classmates and along the way collect pokemon-like supporters that have a variety of different attacks and skills.

I had my doubts about Blue Reflection at first, but that first boss was really neat. :v:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Man for such a simple game Cosmic Star Heroine sure is buggy as gently caress. Apparently giving an extra turn to a guy with relentless will make him hulk out and just keep attacking until murder happens. And then make the next fight bug out maybe??

Pretty fun game otherwise though. Ive been doing fine on the hardest difficulty, that first fight that seemed impossible has been the hardest thing so far

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly any point you can start stacking buff/debuffs breaks the game. I get that they didn't want to cripple players who are bad at doing it but I think they balanced it around people not stacking debuffs so it gets a little crazy how far they can go.

I'm playing on the second hardest difficulty and I'm surprised at how easy it's been so far. Easy/Normal must be complete jokes.

babypolis posted:

Pretty fun game otherwise though. Ive been doing fine on the hardest difficulty, that first fight that seemed impossible has been the hardest thing so far

Do you get enough money for upgrades without having to grind a bunch? In that case I might switch to the hardest. I mean, Sue managed to knock off almost half of the dragon boss' health with a single attack, thanks to various buffs and debuffs.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 24, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
There's tons of money go nuts.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Charles Get-Out posted:

I just got to the first boss in this game about high school students that can transform to enter into the emotional head space of their classmates and along the way collect pokemon-like supporters that have a variety of different attacks and skills.

I had my doubts about Blue Reflection at first, but that first boss was really neat. :v:

I'm in chapter 6 now, and other than the boss fights, the RPG parts have been kind of underwhelming. There are only 4 different types of maps, with like 3-4 sub-maps per type, each as big and as populated as an Atelier game gathering map. So far I've seen 10 different enemy types, and most of them already got 3 recolors each.

The story so far has mostly been a series of side character introductions, but there's only one more character left and 6 chapters to go, so they'll have to stop dragging their feet eventually.

They did fix the performance issues with the latest update, so at least that problem is gone.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Rascyc posted:

There's tons of money go nuts.

Thanks. The game implies that the enemies gain more attacks. Any idea if this is true? Because the fame sorely needs that. Right now I'm fighting groups with three enemy types, and all their attacks are weak and hits a single character. I thing I've seen perhaps two enemy types that use debuffs.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Tamba posted:

I'm in chapter 6 now, and other than the boss fights, the RPG parts have been kind of underwhelming. There are only 4 different types of maps, with like 3-4 sub-maps per type, each as big and as populated as an Atelier game gathering map. So far I've seen 10 different enemy types, and most of them already got 3 recolors each.

The story so far has mostly been a series of side character introductions, but there's only one more character left and 6 chapters to go, so they'll have to stop dragging their feet eventually.

They did fix the performance issues with the latest update, so at least that problem is gone.

I was expecting the dungeon aspects to be about Nep level so I'm doing alright on that front; even though there's only 4 archetypes, they are at least visually interesting.

I'm liking the battle system a lot better than Nep though and the Supporters are a cool idea. The first boss had a neat gimmick.

My main problems so far are some of the comedic timing has been weird especially with Lime and I'm not a huge fan of experience-less leveling systems, though having some control over character development is cool. Also $90 season pass that looks to be for costumes mostly. :frogout:

Do the chapters get longer though? 12 chapters seems a bit short.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Renoistic posted:

I beat the game (including the super bosses) on Heroine, and if you think Lauren breaks the game the later party members completely destroy any challenge. Lauren ends up being one of the worst party members

Later on there's enemies and groups that throw around nothing but party wide attacks and debuffs

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Apr 24, 2017

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Charles Get-Out posted:

I was expecting the dungeon aspects to be about Nep level so I'm doing alright on that front; even though there's only 4 archetypes, they are at least visually interesting.

I'm liking the battle system a lot better than Nep though and the Supporters are a cool idea. The first boss had a neat gimmick.

My main problems so far are some of the comedic timing has been weird especially with Lime and I'm not a huge fan of experience-less leveling systems, though having some control over character development is cool. Also $90 season pass that looks to be for costumes mostly. :frogout:

Do the chapters get longer though? 12 chapters seems a bit short.

It's 12 chapters and 5 "intermission chapters", so technically 17, I guess?
If you just do the main content, the chapters haven't really been very long so far, but you can spend a lot of time ranking up the friendship levels for all the support-characters and then gathering upgrade materials for the extra Fragments you get from that.

The battle system gets expanded a little with being able to burn your Ether gauge between turns to
- Restore HP/MP
- Increase a guard rating, which reduces damage for the next attack
- Charge support characters
(and possibly a 4th option that I haven't unlocked yet)

That costume season pass is really weird, especially since wearing anything but a school uniform feels totally out of place (I have the Atelier Rorona dress from preordering and haven't used it for more than a few minutes). And you're switching to the Magical Girl outfit for the RPG parts anyway, so you don't even see the costumes half of the time.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Well cool, sounds like I'm in the right place if it continues to be magical girl slice of life for a decent amount of time. I don't play too many JRPGs so while I'm sure someone has done a wait-pushback battle system like this, I haven't played on before and it's pretty novel.

Parts of the game have been surprisingly funny, like the bread emojis.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Probably most of you are aware cause it's been all over news sites, but Hori is doing another slime controller coinciding with DQXI's release.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Still upset that it's not Red or some other variant of slime since the PS2 one was already blue.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Amp up the discomfort factor with a king slime controller!

There are rumors that they're going to do a metal slime version, but that's based on the fact that they did one for PS2 as well :v:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Charles Get-Out posted:

Probably most of you are aware cause it's been all over news sites, but Hori is doing another slime controller coinciding with DQXI's release.

I never bought the PS2 version when I had the chance. I think I might get this one.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Mill Village posted:

I never bought the PS2 version when I had the chance. I think I might get this one.
I would love one (and already have the slime DS stand/speaker) but...$90...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sorry Margaret I can't do your requests right away because this fox is a greedy fucker and I don't have any compendium money until I leave the dungeon to sell vendor trash

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Sorry Margaret I can't do your requests right away because this fox is a greedy fucker and I don't have any compendium money until I leave the dungeon to sell vendor trash

ALL YO YENZ YIP YIP YAP

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Finally getting around to P4G because some goons pushed me to and I want to play P5 later this year. It's good but man, this homeroom teacher is so bad and gross and I want to report him to the pedo police.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tamba posted:

So far I've seen 10 different enemy types, and most of them already got 3 recolors each.

The SMT games use a recurring menagerie of monsters, there's a fair bit more variety than this.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The SMT games use a recurring menagerie of monsters, there's a fair bit more variety than this.

But does Blue Reflection?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Finally getting around to P4G because some goons pushed me to and I want to play P5 later this year. It's good but man, this homeroom teacher is so bad and gross and I want to report him to the pedo police.
hes actually nice to female students

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Endorph posted:

hes actually nice to female students

I'm not sure you have an accurate memory of King Moron

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,