Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I'm thinking of buying Fairy Fencer F in the steam sale what's it like on a scale of 'Not Nep' to 'Nep.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Charles Get-Out posted:

I'm thinking of buying Fairy Fencer F in the steam sale what's it like on a scale of 'Not Nep' to 'Nep.'

It's got nep combat but instead of videogame girls it's regular girls

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And a boring dude

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you're getting it at all, ignore the regular version and get ADF. It's just a better rerelease.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

And even more shameless reuse of assets

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel ashamed for asking, but what is "nep"? :saddowns:

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Neptunia, the representative work of that particular company

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Your Computer posted:

I feel ashamed for asking, but what is "nep"? :saddowns:

The Neptunia games. A series about anime girls who are actually video game consoles.

Spans a ton of genres and has an insane naming scheme.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I remember playing Fairy Fencer F and hitting the first time travel moment, because once I realized what was happening I genuinely laughed out loud at the shamelessness

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

dammit!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Fairy Fencer F is aggressively "fine I suppose," there's nothing really great about it so I'd say don't bother unless you have time to kill

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Fairy Fencer F is aggressively "fine I suppose," there's nothing really great about it so I'd say don't bother unless you have time to kill

It's only $10 and occasionally I feel like mainlining pure, undiluted anime. I'm gonna add it to my big Steam sale cart, thanks for the opinions y'all.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Strong Canadian representation in FFF if that's something you're looking for

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

Strong Canadian representation in FFF if that's something you're looking for

is it as canadian as luminous arc, which had a talking walrus with a canadian accent as a party member

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

is it as canadian as luminous arc, which had a talking walrus with a canadian accent as a party member

It did? I don't remember that one, just the various witches and a ninja whose spells did literally nothing.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
here's the good part of fairy fencer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrRh3LwYWvA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

It did? I don't remember that one, just the various witches and a ninja whose spells did literally nothing.
yeah he was a lackey of uhhh the the mushroomy water witch i think, he joined your party but had no plot relevance. his gimmick was having an insanely high attack stat but terrible hit rates and no abilities

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

hm? Let me read that real quick

gematsu posted:

—Malvasia brings her face close to Alushe’s as if to give her a soft kiss. However, she is thrusting her blade deep into Alushe’s chest.

I don't see the issue? :shrug:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

It's Derek Stephen Prince going "Eh" and "Aboot" and so on as much as possible. It's one of those Kansai accent adaptations that doesn't go Texas/Southern.

corn in the bible posted:

I remember playing Fairy Fencer F and hitting the first time travel moment, because once I realized what was happening I genuinely laughed out loud at the shamelessness
It's a pretty efficient recycling plan. Funny how Bravely Default came out around the same time in the US that year too.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
What's a good rpg that isn't a tactics type with good difficulty? Like the kind of thing that will really get me to engage with the mechanics. Or even a game with a mod ala that one nutso tactics mod.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Tales of Berseria has nice scalable difficulty settings.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Farg posted:

What's a good rpg that isn't a tactics type with good difficulty? Like the kind of thing that will really get me to engage with the mechanics. Or even a game with a mod ala that one nutso tactics mod.

Quite old but you should play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne if you haven't already.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Farg posted:

If you want it to require you to understand the mechanics, probably a dungeon crawler like something in the Etrian Odyssey or Shin Megami Tensei series. There are other choices if you are okay with a game where you can still stumble through without knowing what you're doing, but the mechanics are fun enough and presented clearly enough that it's still worth getting good at.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Hey thread, the new Altier game is on sale but being pretty new, it's not a huge one. Should I just keep powering through my backlog or is this gonna blow my mind away relative to, say, EschaLogy?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Last Celebration posted:

Hey thread, the new Altier game is on sale but being pretty new, it's not a huge one. Should I just keep powering through my backlog or is this gonna blow my mind away relative to, say, EschaLogy?

Backlog. I liked Shallie way better than either for reference.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Atelier Sophie worth $20? Lookin at it pretty hard, I need something new to play.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you want to play an Atelier on PC then sure, but if you're fine with playing on PS3 and haven't touched the series, you can find the Dusk/Arland games for the same price or less.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here's the article on Death End Request. Someone got .hacked due to a glitchy game and needs to be rescued. More likely to come out than Castle Panzers

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/880078367185293314

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Motto posted:

The partner bond UI progression is kind of hilarious.

Tell me when Gust grows a pair and actually go through with one of their pairings.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That happened in Nights of Azure. And Atelier Meruru assuming you ignore a dumb trophy name.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Renoistic posted:

Tell me when Gust grows a pair and actually go through with one of their pairings.

Seems like they might be going through with all of them this time.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

That happened in Nights of Azure. And Atelier Meruru assuming you ignore a dumb trophy name.

What was tbe latter again, "Best Friends Forever" or "Platonic Friends" or something really blatant like that? I recall laughing at it I think.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

HGH posted:

What was tbe latter again, "Best Friends Forever" or "Platonic Friends" or something really blatant like that? I recall laughing at it I think.

Best friends forever. Atelier fans have eternal blue balls so to speak.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just 'Friends Forever' iirc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guess they changed it in the Vita version.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't care about a dumb achievement title

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's actually not in the PS3 version either, closest I can find is the 'Adventurer BFF's' trophy in Totori.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/koeitecmous/status/880411049979109376

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i don't care about a dumb achievement title

i kind of care because it's nice that they changed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cold Steel for PC will release in July, and it apparently has more voiced lines to boot.

Should give some time to play it before Nights of Azure 2 where you fill the lily page of your friend Lily with lilies.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 29, 2017