Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The Deen Factor worked well for Konosuba, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I can understand NISA halfassing some falcom games but failing to get games from their own parent company out speaks to some pretty big problems in there

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NISA is absolutely DEEN in that everyone hates them for a couple of high profile gently caress ups when most of their output is fine.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They put an announcement video of a pc port using dolphin footage

With the fps counter visible

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
NISA sucked rear end for a very long time lol

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Tired Moritz posted:

NISA sucked rear end for a very long time lol

What's with the past tense?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm no bueno at English

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

sounds like you'd be a perfect fit for nisa

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

NISA is absolutely DEEN in that everyone hates them for a couple of high profile gently caress ups when most of their output is fine.

people aren't going to (and shouldn't) let the Ys 8 gently caress ups get swept under the rug as long as cold steel 3&4 are up in the air.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Tales of Woe posted:

people aren't going to (and shouldn't) let the Ys 8 gently caress ups get swept under the rug as long as cold steel 3&4 are up in the air.

Time to use my technique from the well-known 8 Plants 1 Knife school of sword!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I am Starlitter head knight Dubarry the Highspeed

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
My name is Lean Blacker,

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

that doesn't really excuse how catastrophic their gently caress ups are, especially when their less bad localizations still aren't particularly good and their high profile gently caress ups include some games people got really excited for

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Really Pants posted:

I am Starlitter head knight Dubarry the Highspeed

Where did that one come from, and do I need to be concerned about Cold Steel 3? :ohdear:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's joke

gonna be honest but, i don't think nisa is going to get cold steel 3

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dubarry the Highspeed comes from the credits to the Evolution version of Ao.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Straight from the sen 4 site

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh, Duvalie's new outfit looks good there

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Basically the only major change of class 7 is Emma doesn't have glasses anymore.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Oh, Duvalie looks good there

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The Colonel posted:

it's joke

I don't have as much faith in Japanese business culture.

All it takes sometimes is for certain folks to go out drinking together and suddenly contracts are locked in.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mokinokaro posted:

I don't have as much faith in Japanese business culture.

All it takes sometimes is for certain folks to go out drinking together and suddenly contracts are locked in.

Yeah, a thing that only happens in Japan

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I mean, this is always true but that outfit looks pretty cool. I like the green ribbon.

One day... I will cosplay as Duvalie because she is the greatest.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

The Colonel posted:

it's joke

it doesn't seem like it makes any business sense for anyone other than xseed to take it on, unless the first 2 games sold better than I think.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
the CS4 marketing blitz is in full swing in japan, which is kind of annoying because i'm pretty sure the advertising banners have spoiled a CS3 thing for me crow's back????? or i guess it could be his evil clone or whatever

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, a thing that only happens in Japan

It's pretty drat common there?

I mean it's (allegedly) a main reason Yoko Taro gets to subject us all to his wonderful madness.

I do hope XSEED gets the rest of the series. I'm just not optimistic about it now that some bigger folks have taken notice of Falcom.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
yeah, in america it happens during golf instead

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also they don't tell you that that's the reason out loud

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mokinokaro posted:

I mean it's (allegedly) a main reason Yoko Taro gets to subject us all to his wonderful madness.

I do hope XSEED gets the rest of the series. I'm just not optimistic about it now that some bigger folks have taken notice of Falcom.

ys is a classic action rpg franchise that's built up a considerably big fanbase in the west and doesn't require too much knowledge of its encompassing lore to get into, and tokyo xanadu was a similarly simple action rpg with an appealing premise that was a surprise hit in japan. trails games are too much overhead for a smaller western fanbase than ys when bigger companies can seek out way cheaper, safer projects

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Also a lot of the people at Aksys who worked on Tokyo Xanadu are former XSeed employees who worked on Sky FC, so.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mokinokaro posted:

NISA kinda screwed the pooch by promising a simultaneous PS4/PC release for Ys and then dropping the ball in a way that became public such that even places that don't care about Ys reported on it. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

okay I picked Berseria back up and I just got the ability to enhance things up to +6. Is there some... trick to the equipment system I'm missing other than "pour huge amounts of dropped equipment into the grinder to get materials to upgrade things"? With the occasional "upgrade things specifically so you can break them down" when I'm running low on Tempering Powder?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

no, the equipment system is meant to be simple. there's some jank to just how much stuff you get but after the clusterfuck that was Zestiria's equipment system, I'll take it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Well, my main concern is, say, getting a significant quantity of Silver Scrap, which I am extremely low on. If there's something to do other than slap on a bunch of equipment drop up effects and go figure out where the gently caress I can find something that drops stuff that breaks down into silver.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
It's been a while since I finished Berseria, but aren't Silver Scraps ultra rare components that can only be salvaged from other equipment that produces Silver Scraps? I'm pretty sure there's a class of component that works like that, and that Silver Scrap falls under it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I mean... I haven't found a significant source of any upgrade materials yet that isn't "breaking down equipment", so that kind of describes every upgrade material?

Sure, I've found some of them lying on the ground, but one Coarse Tempering Powder isn't a big deal when I'm evidently going to need hundreds of it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The combat in Berseria is EZ Mode and you're unlikely to ever find enough materials to fully upgrade a weapon before the next shiny tier becomes available, so I would suggest not really worrying about it.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Yeah just break down poo poo when you don't need it any more, upgrade current stuff if you can or just move on with what you've got.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Reiterpallasch posted:

the CS4 marketing blitz is in full swing in japan, which is kind of annoying because i'm pretty sure the advertising banners have spoiled a CS3 thing for me crow's back????? or i guess it could be his evil clone or whatever

that character is shown in the opening and trailers to CS3 also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Berseria's equipment system is such that the actual stat bonuses you see on the equipment isn't nearly as important as the total value of the upgrade numbers equipped on one person, since you get bonuses for passing certain thresholds.

My endgame equipment was a bunch of early game materials just pushed as high as they go.

Definitely just

Overminty posted:

Yeah just break down poo poo when you don't need it any more, upgrade current stuff if you can or just move on with what you've got.

do that but then keep in mind when you end up stocked up with like 99 of old materials that they aren't worthless.