Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Jesto posted:

Mardek

I found this last month and lost a good 30 hours into it. Combining FF9's ability system with timed hits and a solid Elemental strength/weakness system made this a blast for me.

A huge plus to this is that here's no real grinding. Levels only grant you more HP and MP, so a good strategy goes a long way. 2's pretty easy/straightforward, but 3 can be surprisingly difficult and open-ended (especially in the postgame content).

For a free RPG the plot's pretty decent, too (much more than I expected, anyways, especially in 3). Try this out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

What's a jRPG with a good magic system? I'm a sucker for elemental strengths/weaknesses, especially when it applies to everyone. I played the hell out of Magical Starsign (the game's plot-shift from Earthbound-esque whimsy to "totally serious" nearly gave me whiplash), Chrono Cross, SMT...