Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

this is so wonderful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

the youtube comments are almost universally polite and good natured

this sweet old lady is bending the fabric of reality

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I just want a paper Mario with fun partner characters and cool character designs and a fun story again.

The constant "Oh the 3D Objects of Arts and Craft are loving up the world of Paper" has gotten kind of boring (IT kind of ran dry by the end of sticker star), though I will say going full Mythos with it might be fun if they stick with it this time for more than the opening spooky creased peach bit.

have you played Bug Fables? Its good af and a total tribute to the good paper marios

it came out on ps4 last week, im playing it right now and enjoying the hell out of it.

e: i seriously cant recommend this game enough, and it seems like its been flying under the radar--i was unable to find any mainstream reviews either from its original steam release in november or its recent console release

did i mention it has good music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maPeVlafPxQ

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 17, 2020

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i was unfamiliar with the poo poo involving dangen, thats lame as hell. i can understand why people would not want to give them money, at the same time i hope people dont give bug fables a pass just because their publisher sucks rear end, its really a gem of a game.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdqGq0rZ5LU
Sometimes a battle theme is disco, and that's cool and good

whoa what happened to all the buckles on shulks pants? did he get mugged??? :ohdear:

also gitaroo man is an rpg right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CiwoHS725w

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Elderbean posted:

With everything being poo poo I've been in the mood for a good JRPG, just anything with a vivid world, adventure, and fun characters. I'm familiar with FF and DQ, although there's a bunch of DQ games I haven't played yet. I'd like to try stuff outside of the Square/Enix franchises.

I have a PC, Switch, 3DS, and Vita. Any recommendations?

i literally can't shut up about bug fables lately, very whimsical and might be worth checking out if you're in the mood for something like paper mario

Falcom's probably the big go-to jrpg developer these days, they have both the Ys series (excellent, really fast paced action rpgs, memories of celceta and ys viii are both on the vita and really good), and the Trails games (which are more traditional jrpgs but done really, really well).

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Bleusilences posted:

For what my friends told me is that Dragon Age 2 is not a terrible game by itself, just that it's a huge step down from Fragon Age: Origin. It feels more like a spin off then a true sequel.

paging pick to the RPG thread

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

grandia 2 has a battle system so good they spun off a pretty bad dungeon crawler to take advantage of it. i still have a copy of grandia extreme kicking around somewhere i think

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

bad voice acting you say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bangt7d9vGA

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

the ps1 had so many weird jrpgs that somehow got western releases. i was thinking about thousand arms for some reason the other day. also jade cocoon tho thats less obscure. and legend of legaia....

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

lol i just looked up the reason it was delayed and jesus loving christ japan

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

shinzo abe personally signs every copy of senran kagura and they sing the japanese national anthem as they molest children

ftfy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

ah yes saying japan has a problem with the sexualization of minors is racist

lmao

like did you guys even read about the "intimacy mode" that is causing the delay to senran kagura

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

sometimes i joke about america and the fact that it has a gun problem too, sorry for being racist

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

dmboogie posted:

one weird trick! internet moderators hate them! you too can be racist but in a woke way if you accuse the entire nation of japan of being pedophiles

so just to be clear you don't think Japanese society has a problem with the sexualization of minors

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

dmboogie posted:

i think there are absolutely japanese works of media that have gross pedoshit in them, and that is a bad thing; but i am not qualified to talk about japanese society as a whole and i feel it is bad to go "wtf japan is a nation of child molesters" when you are criticizing the actions of a specific developer

except its not jsut a specific developer, its many developers and manga and anime studios, loli stuff is pervasive. I don't think it's stretch to say that japanese society at large has a serious issue with that, and using "japan" as shorthand for "japanese society" is not an uncommon idiom.

like if you want to accuse me of making a bad GBS joke fair enough but dont loving call me racist

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Endorph posted:

if you said black people shoot each other a lot people would also call you a racist fyi

lmao no. the direct analogy to what i said would actually be "America murders black people" which is accurate

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

please don't use the long and troubled history of state sanction racial violence towards black people to try to win points in an argument you are being racist in

i assume this was directed at endorph since i was replying to his leap to racial violence in america? also do you disagree with the statement?

america shoots schoolchildren, is that better?

im willing to take criticism to heart but getting called a racist for saying "COUNTRY DOES BAD THING" in a dumb flippant ftfy joke is lame af

anyways ill shut up now, i genuinely apologize for the derail

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

star ocean 2

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Hey Barney!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Man im so happy the SO2 remake turned out so well, it's seriously fantastic. Almost makes up for the long years of it being unavailable.