Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonathan Creek
Dec 9, 2009
Nope, it's official. Atlus were really trolling their fanbase trying to get both the Sting/Dept. Heaven fans and the Growlanser fans all worked up. And it was quite the sight!

That being said...it could be Golden: Persona, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonathan Creek
Dec 9, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

Also just as a PSA, Growlanser rules like hell and you should all run out and buy it right this loving second. Possibly the best RPG I've played in a decade, with only a couple other contenders.

Totally agree with this post. This game is fantastic. I love the battle system, there's very little like it out there. I'm really interested in trying out CareerSoft's other games now, like Langrisser/WarSong series and the Devil Survivor series.

It's a great 32 bit era RPG, but with a really good storyline and unique battle system. I like the 90s anime artwork too, I've heard about the artists, ahem, "other work" but his designs here aren't that bad, with the odd exception, in fact, some of his designs are really good. The dude still lives and breathes in the 90s though. He also panders to his "other" fanbase a fair bit (those female costumes!).

Anyone here that can recommend any of the Langrisser games?