Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JammyLammy
Dec 23, 2009

octobernight posted:

Is there games like Ogre Battle? I miss the mix of RTS/RPG/squad based combat. The closest I can find was Soul Nomad, but it doesn't feel the same.

Let me steal this question for my own personal gain. Is there a game with a story as good as Ogre Battle? Something that doesn't make you embarrassed watching.

Tired of teens saving the world from cliche overlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JammyLammy
Dec 23, 2009

Node posted:

Be more specific. There are a lot of rpgs that fit that criteria.

I guess something with very grim and gritty storylines, just tired of band of kids band togethor to fight big bad, cue j-pop and sexualized teens.

Someone from another messageboard wrote up an example of the type of decisions you come across in Knights of Lodis

quote:

Which is a shame because its plot is far superior to FF: Tacticsand most RPGs in general. In fact, it's probably done the best job ever of truly morally ambiguous choices. Townspeople refuse to help the newly liberated country (ungrateful fucks), preferring to sit back while the evil empire counterattack comes and subjugates you. Do you respect their wishes even though it means the rebel army will be crushed, or do you follow the (realistic partisan tactics) order to dress as enemy soldiers and slaughter the town in order to sway public opinion to your cause? Go along with it and opinion goes against the empire while you get a cushy job in the new government. Refuse and the town gets burned anyway but the blame is placed on you as you spend the game on the run from rebels and revenge-minded bounty hunters. Later on you confront the scumfuck leader who framed you, but an enemy country invades at the same time. Kill the bastard and plunge your country into chaos in the middle of an invasion, or let him live to work together against the invasion?

Also Legend of Mana is awesome, anyone who disagrees has no soul. :colbert:

JammyLammy
Dec 23, 2009
Legend of Mana is like playing through a Fairy tale story book. Fun characters and gorgeous backdrops. Music was drat good too.

JammyLammy
Dec 23, 2009

InnercityGriot posted:

I'm going to stop gushing over Legend of Mana in the general RPG thread, but before I leave, I'll let this get stuck in your head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCGOW-cP6b0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdNGePnnxoo

Dub

Baba Dubababa Dub.

Duba Dubba Duda, Dub?

Dud

:3:

JammyLammy fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 5, 2010