Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winedeck
Oct 3, 2010

Mortley posted:

I'd like to find a turn-based RPG that I can enjoy, as somebody who's always thought "well, I just don't like RPGs." I have a DSL and Wii, but I'd especially like to play a GBA game.
The grindiest game I've ever enjoyed was Circle of the Moon, which isn't bad, I realize. I used to watch my buddy play FFT and enjoy the discussions but never wanted to dedicate the solo time to it. Um... I liked Pokemon when it was still black and white?
It's a bit of a silly recommendation request because I don't have strong preferences, but I guess I'd like to play a portable time sink other than action/adventures like Metroid or Castlevania.
I might give up on turn-based games and play Secret of Mana via VC or emulation since I've never tried it. Is it "deeper" than Zelda or CotM?

Check out Golden Sun. It sounds exactly like something you'd enjoy. It's an older game for the GBA, so you can expect to find it pretty cheap. The only problem is actually finding it. However, depending on your area, you might not have any issue with that. I know my local GameStop carries the game still.

If you end up enjoying it, there is also a released sequel for the GBA and a third game coming out for the DS at the end of November.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU