Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slacker Ace
Oct 30, 2010
And that's another reason you should play The Witcher 2; it's ridiculously polished compared to other WRPGs and as far as I'm aware has no game-breaking bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slacker Ace
Oct 30, 2010

Sam. posted:

Speaking of open-endedness, I played Fallout 2 and really liked how open it was. Are Fallout 3 and New Vegas more or less open?

New Vegas yes as it's basically what Fallout 3 would have been like if Black Isle made it.

In Bethesda's Fallout 3, you're pretty much railroaded into a single path as far as the main quest goes. There's some decision making in the side-quests but it's the usual either comical super villain or angel of mercy and nothing in between.

Slacker Ace
Oct 30, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Plenty of script breaking bugs were in the game at launch, admittedly most of which are fixed by now. Lots of interface bugs, almost frustratingly so at times. Quite a few people could not even launch the game either until the first major patch got pushed out.

Of course, but I did mention compared to other WRPGs, especially after the fact that they managed to stamp out most of the serious bugs in a single patch 2 weeks after launch. These script bugs were extremely situational though; I only encountered 1 in my 2 playthroughs pre-patch.

quote:

Also nobody can honestly say with a straight face that the end to Witcher 2 wasn't rushed, compared to the rest of the game.

It didn't have as much content as the other two Chapters if that's what you mean. But I'm not getting the complaints that the ending felt rushed or came out of nowhere. If you consider everything that happens during the Epilogue the actual ending which I think was the intent of the developers (and not just the cutscene), then it's more than a satisfying conclusion to the game as it ties up nearly all loose ends.

quote:

Witcher 2 is a decent game, but I think it gets a slightly better limelight because it's following on the heels of DA2.

Just out of curiosity, what RPGs do you actually consider great?