Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

A Sinister Rap posted:

8's protagonist also isn't a legendary hero, he's a half-human, half-dragon-person that has a curse on him to wipe his memories of the hidden dragon-person village since he was exiled for being part human, but because DQ8 operates on "you can only have one curse at a time" rules that means he's immune to all other curses, including the inciting incident of the game.

Sadly this is only revealed in the postgame, but I at least like the idea.

the gently caress, I played that game and I had no idea

it does make sense tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Endorph posted:

86 can also mean removing an item from the menu or being out of something, or ejecting a customer completely.

Huh. I had heard the murder/kill meaning before, and also the restaurant meaning, but I had assumed the former came first.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Wait so Ys 8 good, Ys 9 bad?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky has been sitting in my Steam library since 2016.

Every time I hear about the Trails series I go back and stare at it. It waits there, accusingly.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Kanos posted:

I made two attempts to make it through Sky's prologue and both of them failed.

yeah I made one attempt and I failed, but that was years ago.

But it wasn't due to any quality issues, I think I just need to stick with it.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Did anyone actually play Dragon Quest Treasures?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Is Chained Echoes any good?

I saw it come up on a GDQ run and it looked amazing, but I haven't heard much about it.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

That's another thing I need to catch up on.

Should I play Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (or even 1) before I dive into 3?

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

FF8 is cool and I love the setting but I found playing it to be a chore even back in the day. I don't really find the gamebreaking crap very enjoyable and the game isn't very fun if you avoid doing it either.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

The Colonel posted:

was really cool when riven hired a professional stage actor but the actors for everyone else were clearly still just like, a couple of devs and some other people cause none of them have to say much and the game dev actor guy is genuinely good at his role. so you just get this one extended sequence of atrus' oscar-winning dad walking around a green screen giving the performance of his life ten minutes before the end of the game

respect to how atrus' actor plays one of his own lovely sons in myst and you actually can't immediately tell cause the low res fmv hides his face well enough and he does a good job putting on a different voice for both characters

special mention goes to Brad Dourif attempting to spin gold from poo poo in Myst III: Exile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Chained Echoes rules because the moon is canonically a giant owl which destroys any airships that fly too high.

There are other reasons that it rules, but do you really need more than that?

uh ngl but this loving sold me too